1/2

You Gave Me Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"God damn it! Move, you stupid piece of cotton!" Sunggyu grip on his phone tightened as he vigorously swiped his finger on the screen.    Sunggyu made the worst decision of his life that day thanks to his influential classmate Dongwoo. The classmate had persuaded Sunggyu to download the hottest hand phone game worldwide- Cotton Crush.    It was a very addictive game that left many players worldwide glued to their phones. The game was practically a rip-off from once popular "Dejeweled", where players would have to match pieces of cotton candy according to colour by swiping within a limited number of moves. Once you have used up all your moves but didn't complete the level, you would lose a life, or also known as heart.    Sunggyu has been swiping cotton pieces for almost six straight hours now, and the result of this is him being wrapped up in his blankets and eye bags drooping heavily.   He had ignored his stomach's calls of hunger and his bladder's calls for release, all just to complete the stupid game.    "Just one more... One more level...." Sunggyu clicked onto the tempting pink arrow luring him into the abyss of Cotton Crush.    "You do not have enough hearts" was the pop-up screen that greeted him.    Sunggyu forcefully hit his head against the bed frame, cursing himself for using up all the hearts.    This game really tested his limits, even the shy guy like him had to shamelessly request for hearts from his friends. It was embarrassing enough to show the whole world his username.    He shuddered as he imagined his friends' reactions when they receive the request along with the shameless username, "bananasucker69". The origin of his username wasn't his fault, it was Dongwoo who hacked into Sunggyu's Facebook to help him create an account for Cotton Crush.   

Now there he was, seated on his bed, phone in his hand heated from the continuous usage, wondering what to do with his life. He had used up all his hearts and knew he had to wait for an hour for another batch of 5 hearts to come. 

  An hour was too long so he decided to just sleep and wait for the next morning to come so he would have many hearts waiting to be used.    Before he could drift off to a deep sleep, his alarm clock rang with no mercy. He slammed his palm to stop it's ringing then thrashed around violently on his bed.    He dragged himself out of bed and washed up before heading to school. Earpiece plugged into his ears and hands stuffed in his pockets, and Sunggyu was ready to face the world.    Trudging along the pavement heading towards his school, he bumped into a classmate, Howon.    "Hyung, how much did you study for today's test?" Howon kept up with Sunggyu's pace and asked the other.    Sunggyu stopped in his tracks and stared at the younger male.    "What test....."    "The major English examination, duh"    "..."    "Hyung?"    "........"    "Earth to Sunggyu hyung, earth to Sunggyu hyung"    "..........."    Howon hesitantly poked the other and Sunggyu's entire body lost balance and fell face-flat onto the pavement.    Before Howon could help the older male up, Sunggyu swatted his hands away, not even looking up, "leave hyung alone and go to school by yourself, will you? Tell ssaem that I'll be slightly late."    Howon's footsteps grew further apart as Sunggyu laid motionless on the ground, trying to grasp the situation.    Instead of saving his already sorry from his poor grades, he was playing some stupid online game that did him no good besides the temporary satisfaction of completing each level and being presented with a fairly good-looking cotton fairy for every "good move".   He contemplated just going home to hide in his cover of bedsheets but the distant sound of marching footsteps persuaded him otherwise.    "Here comes the students..." He murmured against the ground when the sound got clearer and louder.    "Get out of the way, you filthy pancake" one of the students said as he kicked Sunggyu's foot while marching towards school.    And Sunggyu couldn't even bother to retaliate but to accept his fate as a human pancake stuck to the pavement.    After about half an hour, the stampede was gone and Sunggyu started peeling himself off the ground, groaning as each limb was elevated.    "Speaking of pancakes, I haven't even had breakfast." Sunggyu and his stomach groaned together in misery as he dragged each foot in front of the other in a slow fashion.    *** *** ***   "Finally, you are here, Sunggyu" his English teacher clapped his hands and then handed Sunggyu the test paper once he settled down at his desk.    "You're welcome, ssaem, I almost considered dropping out of high school" Sunggyu took the paper and searched his bag for any stationery. When he couldn't find a pen or pencil, he turned to his side and asked Myungsoo, "Yah, myungsook lend me your pen."  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter