Oh My Baby

Oh My Baby
Please log in to read the full chapter

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Taemin’s eyes never leave the glowing television screen. His face is frozen in a permanent smile.

“Tae- Taemin… TAEMIN!” Jonghyun screeches, sick of being ignored. He had called the maknae five times already.

“H-huh, what? Yes?” Finally the younger snaps out of whatever trance he is in.

“I’m going to the gym, do you want to come with me?” Jonghyun asks; exasperated because getting through to the younger male just seemed impossible right now.

“Oh, no hyung, thanks. I’m okay.” He gives a sweet smile, one that completely disarms Jonghyun’s rising annoyance, softening it into sheer curiosity.

“What’re you watching anyway?” The older male asks as he moves around from the back of the TV. “Oh, is that Jongin?” He asks again.

“Yeah, he is looking after Tae Oh. Isn’t he cute??!!” Taemin replies.

“Yeah sure, Tae Oh is a real cutie…” Jonghyun says with a smirk “… or were you talking about Jongin?” He adds with a sly grin as he leans against the wall.

“W-what! Tae Oh of course. Why would I think Jongin was cute? That’s stupid hyung.” Taemin answers in a fluster.
Jonghyun chuckles again and pats Taemin’s shoulder before throwing a ‘see you’ over his shoulder and walking towards the door.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

“WE SHOULD BOTH LOOK AFTER HIM ONE DAY!” Taemin screeches, excited is not even the word. Jongin thinks he sounds more like a Banshee than a human.

“Woah, Tae. Calm down. You really like Tae Oh that much??” Jongin asks with a raised eyebrow, he is surprised that Taemin is becoming this excited over a TV show. After all, the SHINee boys had looked after Yoogeun when they were on their own show.

“Yes, he’s adorable! … and you’re so good with him too!” Taemin flounders.

“I guess I could ask my manager to ask the producers, but I don’t know if our schedules would line up since I’m headed to Japan soon.” Jongin answers.

“Yeah, I guess.” He sighs.

“Anyway, what movie shall we watch? You can choose.” Jongin replies, brushing over the topic of Japan and trying to lighten the mood again.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

They end up watching an action movie with guns and stunts and some soft humour. They are munching away on sweets, watching as the lead protagonist jumps across the train tracks just in time, when Taemin speaks up.

“You would make a really good dad you know” He says, seemingly out of nowhere and trying to sound off handed.

“Hmm..?? You really think so?” Jongin mumbles, his eyes drifting from the screen and down to his lap where Taemin’s head is currently resting on a pillow.

“Yeah, most definitely. Tae Oh really loves you and you only spent a day with them. I feel like… you would be the kind of father that dotes on his children, like they are the centre of his world and yet – you would make sure they were respectful and had good manners.” Taemin rambles, his eyes squeezing shut with how wide he is smiling.

Jongin his fingertips through Taemin’s hair lightly as he gives a small smile back.

“Is it true? Do you really want three kids in the future?” Taemin mumbles, lips full and barely parted.

“Mmmhmm… yeah. I’d love two boys and a girl, in that order. I think having a daughter who has two strong and respectful older brothers to look after her would be great.” Jongin sighs, his mind filling with images of the future. Then Jongin’s eyes darken a little.

“What’s wrong?” Taemin asks, looking up into Jongin’s eyes and noticing the dimming lights within them.

“I just think…never mind, it’s stupid.” Jongin attempts to brush the topic off and returns to combing through Taemin’s brown locks.

“No tell me, what is it?” Taemin insists, face firm and eyebrows raised.

There is a long pause from the younger male, before he finally speaks up. “I just wonder, if that family unit will ever be able to happen. There’s no time to date in this industry and well…I mean…what if I end up with somebody – someone who doesn’t want children, or we can’t have children or something?” Jongin’s voice is shaky and his eyes never meet Taemin’s.

“Nini…” Taemin’s voice is soft and sympathetic “…I’m sure that the person you end up with will want kids, I mean, you w

Please log in to read the full chapter