time up

7 Minutes in Heaven(ish)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “After you,” Jongin has one hand in his pocket as he coolly urges his designated partner with a single nod to the direction of the game room. Kang Seulgi goes in and notes the attractive combination of chivalry and nonchalance that he exudes, while Jongin just obliviously tails behind her, and then closes the door.

          Once inside, they sit side-by-side (though not too close to each other) at the foot of the party host’s bed. Jongin anticipates their mutual decision to keep quiet. It’s kinda awkward because they don’t exactly have a close relationship and they only ever hang out because of their mutual friends.

         All Jongin knows is that Seulgi is a studious girl, whom her friends are seemingly trying to keep pure, because the innocence she has is apparently rare nowadays. Jongin, on the other hand, has just got out of a serious relationship and is not really the type to make out with random girls for the heck of it.

         He tries to at least strike up a conversation, but Seulgi doesn’t respond. When Jongin checks, she seems like she’s out of it, either deep in thought or about to be in a deep slumber. He, then, just hugs his knees to his chest, thinking to himself: I guess we should just wait for the rest of the seven minutes to end, then...

 

          Do. You. Wanna. Make. Out.

          It’s only five words out of her breath, Seulgi has counted. They don’t guarantee a positive response, but maybe it’s worth a try? Jongin is honestly pretty hot, after all. Sure, he entertains very few girls and has very low tolerance for meaningless flirting – but Seulgi thinks that precisely because of this, it wouldn’t hurt her pride so much, suppose she pushes her luck and then end up getting rejected cause she knows that there’s not much hope in the first place.

          “Isn’t this boring?” She says after a long silence from when he last spoke.

          “Huh?” Jongin is a little bit drunk and so he figures his hearing might not be serving him well at the moment.

          “I don’t want to just sit here and do nothing,” Seulgi reiterates.

          “Tell me what you have in mind, then,” Jongin hums sleepily.

          “Seriously?” Seulgi glances at him with a chuckle, suddenly feeling a little hesitant because the last thing she needs is someone in her group of friends thinking that she’s a creep. In her experience, people tend to get awkward with her honesty or her eccentricity.

          Jongin nods and repeats his question. “What’s on your mind?”

          “Well,” she starts, “for the past few minutes, I don’t know why I’ve been writing lyrics in my head about asking you to hook up with me instead of actually making it happen.” There, she said it. Oh, well.

          Jongin’s ears perk a little bit at that. She was doing what?! When Jongin doesn’t reply, Seulgi just laughs at herself and then continues talking. Cat’s out of the bag, anyway, so might as well keep talking and maybe just maybe she can try to make it less awkward. “What’s worse is that, I’m just replacing the lyrics of Frozen’s freaking soundtrack.”

          “Let It Go?” He guesses, while still trying to get over the shock and making a ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter