Of Pranks and Dates

Words Left Unspoken

 

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of Gokusen, that right belongs to one Morimoto Kozueko. Though I do own Shiraga Ryuuiji and any other character not recognized in this fandom.


"Gomen Abe-san. I don't mean to disturb you so early demo, I have to go in early." Ryuuiji murmured apologetically, bowing his head. "I'd take them myself otherwise."

The middle aged woman smile fondly at the teen before her, "It's no problem Ryuu-kun. Go ahead and get to work, I'll male sure they get to school on time."

The boy straightened and gave the woman a grateful smile. "Arigatou. I'll be by to pick them up around...seven."

The woman nodded, "Wakarimasu, now hurry . Otherwise you'll be late."


There was a crowd surrounding the bulletin board when Yamaguchi-sensei arrived at the school gates. From her position she could see five of her students a few feet away from the commotion. Slowly she made her way to them, laying a hand on both Uchi and Noda's shoulders. "Ohayou" She greeted cheerily, and five pairs of eyes rested on her form, one sleepy and the others aggravated.

They continued to gaze at her for a moment before four of the five broke away from her, moving closer to the crowd. "Ossu~*." Ryuuiji greeted saluting the woman with a tired smile. He then turned to follow his friend, his pace slow.

The woman gave the teen's back a smile before she addressed the others,"Chotto, how about a greeting? In the morning you say, 'Ohayou gozaimasu,'ne? Kuma!"

The heavy-set teen stopped, turning slightly to look at her. "Ossu." He greeted reluctantly, his tone not at all enthusiastic. He then turned away from her, following after his friends.

"Oh well." She muttered to herself quietly, noting how the others ignored her completely. She made a move to follow them, though she pushed through the crowd to see what all the commotion was about. "Nani, what's going on?" She asked, jumping up and down in an attempt to see what all the fuss was about. "Oi, move over. I can't see." Sh sighed, realizing that no-one was paying her any attention. Thus she resorted to a method she knew would work.

She crouched low, her face parallel to the ground. She used her hands to help her maneuver through the sea of legs, only straightening when she was behind both Fujiyama-sensei and Kawashima-sensei. "Ohayou gozaimasu!" She greeted quietly, startling the two woman.

They craned their necks in her direction, relaxing when they realized it was only Yamaguchi-sensei. "Ohayou." They responded, smiling.

Yamaguchi-sensei turned her focus to the bulletin board, she moved past her two colleagues and situated herself closer. A wide smile formed on her lips as her brown orbs alighted on the papers littering the board. "Wow, that's great!" She praised.

The picture was of Head Teacher...well his head. It was placed, digitally, on the body of a gorilla. The picture was surrounded by the sounds typically thought to be made by said creature. As well as the words 'Head Teacher SUX.'

"Isn't that elementary school level?" Kawashima-sensei commented, though there was an amused smile on her lips.

"It's full of spelling errors too." Fujiyama-sensei murmured softly.

Yamaguchi-sensei stood before the bulletin board contemplatively, her eyes scanning each and every page. A hand suddenly appeared in her line of vision, reaching over her shoulder and ripping a page off of the board.

"Who the hell did this?" Head Teacher snapped loudly, holding the piece of paper up for all to see.

"This is disrespecting authority." Washio-sensei jumped in from beside the taller man, his voice nasally.

Head Teacher's eyes scanned the crowd, before coming to rest on Uchi and his group. He made his way towards them, the crowd moving out of his way. "It was you guys from 3-D, wasn't it?"

"Huh?" Uchi grumbled, moving forward to glare at the man. Ryuuiji and the others followed behind, just a few paces behind the teen. "What!" The blond snapped angrily.

"What is that look?" Head Teacher sneered, taking notice of the fire in Uchi's eyes.

"Maa maa, minna-san*..." Yamaguchi-sensei tried to soothe, moving between the two so as to separate them. She stepped in front of Uchi, in an attempt to keep the peace. "Let's not get worked up over a harmless little prank..."

"A little prank?" Head Teacher repeated, looking down at the pig-tail clad woman.

"Head Teacher, we teachers need to exercise leniency..." Yamaguchi-sensei went on to say, her tone light-hearted and a smile still on her lips

"Look, Yamaguchi-sensei, there is a limit to how far a prank should go." Head Teacher tried to reason with the woman.

As he continued to drone on, Yamaguchi-sensei took that opportunity to look over his shoulder. Slowly the smile began to drop as she moved past Head Teacher, past the students blocking her vision. As each of the boys began to move, the picture was revealed. The picture was of Yamaguchi-sensei's head, attached to the body of a woman with a voluptuous figure clad in a pink bra with white t. This picture, like the other, was adorned with comment. Comments such as, 'Yankumi SUX!' and 'I want a man~.'

Yamaguchi-sensei reached for the picture, she tore it off the board gently, making sure to keep it in tact. She stood facing the board for several moments before she whirled around to address the group of boys behind her,"What the hell is this? Who the hell did this? Putting my face on such a voluptuous body. What's the meaning of this? Which one of you did this? Come clean damn-it!"

Shocked, no one could say anything. Instead they all stared at the woman with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

Realizing her mistake, she tried to fix it. "I mean...I might've looked better on Fujiwara Norika*."


"Ano, about this..." Yamaguchi-sensei began hesitantly, holding up the piece of paper that her sent her spiralling into a fit of rage earlier this morning.

The class grinned, seemingly proud of their work of art.

"What's 'Yankumi'?"

"It's your nickname, of course." Minami informed her from the back of the class where he was crouched on top of his desk behind Noda.

"Nickname?" She repeated, blinking.

"When 'Yamaguchi Kumiko' is shortened, it becomes..." Kuma went on to explain, his hand in the air as if he was revealing the name of a new t.v. show he had just come up with, "Yankumi!" HE finished, along with the four beside him.

"Yanku..?" She paused, thinking of the other nicknames she'd been given. "Hmm...the only nickname I've ever had is Kumichou*." Sh murmured to herself, after a moment she shook her head as though she was clearing away bad images. "Huh? Nevermind. I see. Yankumi, is it? It's cute. Suki desu."

"She likes it!" Minami repeated disbelieving. The rest of the class groaned at the response, wondering why they were stuck with such a weird teacher.

"Weirdo."

"Demo, it's not a good idea to push the Head Teacher again." Yamaguchi-sensei told the class, ignoring the grumbles. "He said, 'If this happens again, I'll catch the culprit and punish him immediately.'" She went on to explain, deepening her voice in an attempt to mimic the Head Teacher.

"He always singles us out." Minami scoffed, folding his arms across his chest and balancing on the balls of his feet.

The class nodded in agreement with that statement, scowls and pouts adorning their faces.

"Now be quiet. I'll begin class." Yamaguchi-sensei ordered, pulling out her math workbook and turning towards the board.

The back entrance opened, and footsteps sounded on the steps. The woman turned to see who had just waltzed into her class late.

Shin strolled down the steps at a languid pace. His hands were burrowed deep in his pockets and his face was void of any emotions.

"Sawada. I told you not to be late." She called out, having fully faced the front.

Shin plopped down in his seat next to the sleeping Ryuuiji, greeting his companions with nods of acknowledgement. When he heard the woman's voice he sighed, rolling his eyes and focusing his attention on the wall near the staircase.

The woman frowned and then turned back to the board with a call of, "Let's get going."

"That darn Head Teacher really ticks me off." Uchi grumbled quietly, kicking Minami's desk.

"Should we teach him a little lesson?" Kuma suggested with a wave of his hand.


Ryuuiji yawned softly, stretching his arms above his head. "You guys are crazy~." He sung, a grin on his lips. He watched from his spot near Shin as his classmates gathered around Head Teacher's buggy with paint cans.

""Tch!" Uchi scoffed, his form crouched before the car. "That man is always blaming us whenever something bad happens."

"Un. Sometimes it's not even us." Minami grinned, throwing an arm over the lanky boys shoulder.

"It usually is though." Noda admitted with a sly smile, as he nudged Kuma.

"I see." Ryuuiji nodded, slipping out from beneath the appendage and moving forward to examine the vehicle. He tilted his head to the side, his only visible hazel eyes scanning the surface of the automobile. "I've got an idea." He told the group, turning to wink at them while giving them a two salute.


Inside the Faculty Office Yamaguchi-sensei gaped at the two woman before her, wondering why and how they had gotten Shinohara's cellphone number. Her musings though were interrupted by the nasally voice of Washio-sensei.

"Head Teacher! This is an emergency! Your car!" The stout man cried as he entered the office, drawing all eyes to his panting form.

At the very back of the office Head Teacher sat, preparing to eat his soba noodles. He paused at the information though, his eyes slightly wide. "Huh?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing, all eyes focusing on the Head Teacher.

Slowly the man rose to his feet, setting both the noodles and chopsticks down and moving to the entrance. "Nani?"

Washio-sensei gulped, shaking his head. "You'll have to see it with your own eyes." He then led Head Teacher to where his vehicle was situated, with all the teachers following closely.

"Wow! Oh, no!" Fujiyama-sensei breathed once she caught sight of the vandalized object.

The buggy was coated with yellow paint. On the hood was a large brown gorilla. Both it's face and hair resembled that of Head Teacher. On the windshield were the words 'Gorilla Man,' completing the image of a gorilla version of Head Teacher.

"It's terrible." Washio-sensei murmured, as the group raced down the steps.

"Oh my god!" Kawashima-sensei murmured softly.

"Oh my..." Yamaguchi-sensei muttered, hoping that her students had nothing to do with this.

"Nani, nani, what is it?" Fujiyama-sense questioned quickly in succession as she and the rest of her colleagues came to a stop before the desecrated vehicle.

"My car!" Head Teacher whimpered, stumbling at the sight of his car. He covered his mouth in a desperate attempt to muffle his sounds of horror.

"They mispelled everything again." Fujiyama-sensei commented, pointing at the incorrect Kanji.

"That means..."


Head Teacher stormed into the class of 3-D. HE mad his way to the podium at the front of the class where he promptly slammed his palms down angrily. "Who is it! Who did that to my car?" He snarled loudly, his voice pitching.

The class ignored him, instead opting to throw baseballs across the room or ride scooters back and forth.

"Oi, you brought that thing to school?" Washio-sensei questioned, eyes focused on the boy riding the scooter. "Yamaguchi-sensei, aren't you in charge her? Do something!"

"Demo, do you have the goods on them?" Yamaguchi-sensei asked, turning her body. "I mean, evidence that they did it?"

"Yeah! Yeah! She's right." Uchi agreed, standing up in his chair so that he towered over everyone.

The class erupted with words of agreement. Some throwing their hands up in the air.

Head Teacher, not at all phased by the noise, stepped forward. "The evidence is..." He trailed off. "Here!" He pointed to a splotch of orange paint on the floor. The liquid not yet dry.

"Ink?"

In the back of the back of the classroom, next to Shin, Ryuuiji slapped a hand to his mouth in an attempt to muffle his laughter. He managed, though he released a snort.

Shin turned his head to his childhood friend, a smirk on his lips. He shook his head fondly at the boys antics.

The rest of the class fell silent, all eyes moving to the area where the man had just pointed.

"You guys should be more careful..." Yamaguchi-sensei murmured quietly.

"Who do it?" Head Teacher continued, moving back to the post he had vacated.

"I told you, we don't know!" Kuma retorted hotly, slamming his hand against his own desk.

"Even if we did, we'd never sell out our friends." Uchi went on, his tone harsh.

"Right. Right." The class agreed, nodding their heads to show their approval.

"Hm..." Yamaguchi-sensei hummed, moving to stand before her students. "You guys understand duty and compassion, don't you?"

"Of course!" Uchi replied, with a decisive nod of his head. "Because we're all friends."

"You guys have a good side too, I see." The woman continued, smiling.

"Yamaguchi-sensei." Head Teacher murmured, gaining the woman's attention.

"Why are you praising them?" Washio-sensei asked from behind, his voice just above a whisper.

"Maa maa, hold on." The woman reasoned, turning towards the Head Teacher. She then turned back to her class, "As you guys say, you shouldn't sell out your friends. Demo, the person responsible should have the guts to come forward."

"Alright. That's it." Head Teacher sighed, stepping away from the podium. "Well then..." He paused for effect. "All of you will be detained today. You'll stay until the culprit comes forward!" You're all responsible."

"That's bull!" Uchi snapped, jumping out of his seat along with Minami. "Don't kid around!"

"I have to stay too?" Yamaguchi-sensei asked discreetly, eyes hopeful.

"Of course." Head Teacher nodded. "Aren't you their homeroom teacher?"

"Please watch them so that they don't escape." Washio-sensei requested, though it was more of an order than anything.

"Well, it's up to you." Head Teacher informed the woman and then he whipped around and made his way to the door of the classroom with Washio-sensei trailing behind him.

"Sumimasen*, demo I have a goukon* to go to today..." The woman tried to reason, following after the two men. They ignored her' letting the door slam just as she got to it. She released a disappointed sigh, then turned back to face the class. "I suppose it can't be helped. Since you guys are all friends."

The class as a whole, with the exception of Shin, released groans of displeasure. Though everything grew silent when the sound of a desk clattering to the ground reached their ears.

All eyes swiveled to the back where Shin stood tall, his face looking slightly angry. "Friends? Don't use that word so easily." He then made his way up the stairs, ignoring the look of hurt on Uchi, Kuma, and Ryuuiji's faces.

"Sawada, where are you going?" She asked, watching him ascend the stairs. She called his name again, noticing how he ignored her. "Sawada!"

"Maa~, Yamaguchi-sensei." Ryuuiji waved his hand in the air, slipping a grin onto his face. "I've gotta get going." He stood gathering his belongings.

"Nani?" Yamaguchi-sensei blinked at the teen. "What do you mean?"

"They didn't tell you?" Ryuuiji questioned, tilting his head to the side. When he received a blank look in response he shook his head, and made his way towards where the woman stood. He stopped a few feet away from her, leaning heavily on the desk next to his hip. "Due to certain circumstances I'm required to work. I've gotta leave school early or risk being fired."

"Circumstances?" The woman repeated.

"That's right~." The teen continued to grin, though there was a sudden glimmer of an emotion in his only visible eye that the woman couldn't dechiper. "If you think I'm lying, you can go look at my records. All the information you'll need is there."

The class watched the interaction closely, slightly upset that the lanky teen had a reason to leave while they were forced to stay.

"Hai."

With a nod of his head the red head moved towards the door, though he paused once it was open and turned to face the class. "Ja~." He sung, giving them a two salute along with a cheeky wink.


"I'm impressed by everyone's perseverance." Yamaguchi-sensei murmured to herself from her seat at the front of the classroom. Her brown orbs scanned over her students, some had fallen asleep, others were playing board games, and the rest were on their cellphones. "It's admirable that no one has talked so far."

At the back of the classroom crouched atop his desk Minami grinned at his cellphone screen. "Yosh!" He cheered loudly, jumping off of the desk and bringing the attention of his friends to him. He reached over and grabbed his bag while saying, "I'm off to see Ayumi-chan."

"Ooooh~." The group sung out teasingly, grins on their lips. They waved their friend off.

"Where are you going?" Yamaguchi-sensei asked, surprised that the teen was leaving as if he wouldn't be punished. "They said it's your collective responsibility." She went on to say, as she stood up. "Minami!" She called, ready to give chase.

She was stopped by Kuma, who wrapped an arm around her stomach, Noda, who put a foot up to block her path, and Uchi who grab her arms. "No through traffic." Noda told the woman.

"Minami. Go, go!" Uchi encouraged, noting that his friend had come to a stop.

"Don't get in his way." Kuma ordered from his position as Minami opened the door and bounded out of the classroom with an excited grin.

"Just let him go." Noda suggested to the woman. "It's a date."

"Date?" The female repeated, surprised by the information.

"Yep." Uchi confirmed, as Noda nodded his head slowly. "He usually messes around, demo he seems to be serious this time."

"True love?" Yamaguchi-sensei asked, her eyes glazing over as she thought about Shinohara. "I see." She murmured, her eyes dazed. She freed herself from the teens grip easily. "You're all good guys." She then folded her arms beneath her s, a determined fire in her brown orbs. "Yosh! Since I can see you're all such good friends, I'll let you off today."

"Let us off?" Kuma repeated, gaping at the woman. "You mean we can go home?" He asked excitedly slamming his hand on the desk.

She nodded, "Un, I'll allow it." She turned around, making her way to the front of the classroom as the students began to cheer loudly. "On one condition...that you clean the car up." The cheers die immediately at that sentence. "Everyone change into gym clothes and meet at the parking lot. Okay?"


Yamaguchi stood before the graffiti littered car, gripping a bucket, a hose, and mops. She was surrounded by cleaning supplies. The only things missing were her students.


Ryuuiji stepped out of the entrance of the Swallowtail cafe, a grim smile on his lip. "Maa~, sooner or later we're going to get caught. If that happens...they'll be left alone." He wore a a silky black dress shirt with a royal purple colored tie, a pair of semi-tight black skinny jeans and purple and black high-top sneakers. His eyes, which were visible only because his bangs were pulled back out of his face, scanned the crowd. "How lucky you guys are~. Not having to worry about these kinds of things..."

He leaned against the building, tilting his head up to look at the sky.

"Do you know what the girl is like?" A familiar voice asked a few feet away from the daydreaming team.

"How would I know." Noda shrugged. "We gotta get him to introduce her."

Ryuuiji blinked, eyes focusing on the crowd as they searched for a familiar face. When he caught sight of bleached blond hair and Shirokin uniforms a small grin slid onto his face. With little hesitation, the lanky teen rolled up his sleeves and crept behind the group as they past him. "Ossu~."

The group of friends paused, all of them turning to face the 'intruder' . They grinned when they caught sight of their friend. "Ryuu-kun!" Kuma greeted, giving lean youth a wide grin.

"Did you finish up at work?" Uchi asked as the group went back to walking, Ryuuiji hanging back next to Shin.

"Iie. I'm only on break, I've gotta get back in fifteen minutes."

"Where exactly do you work?" Noda asked curiously.

"Swallowtail Cafe*~."

"Ah! Isn't that a butler cafe?" Uchi questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Usually. Tonight is theme night. So we're dressed up like the Yakuza." Ryuuiji stopped for a moment to pose for the group. "What d'ya think?"

"Aren't members of the Yakuza supposed to be intimidating." Noda teased, referring to the fact that the slim teen's was the shortest out of the group.

"I'll have you know that I am of average height!" Ryuuiji retorted, puffing out his cheeks.

Shin who had stood silently next to the teen sighed, and shook his head fondly at their antics. He came to an abrupt halt though when he saw Minami at a Claw Toy Crane Game. Next to him was a girl whose arm was wrapped loosely around the boys unoccupied one. "That girl..." Shin murmured to himself.

A couple of steps ahead of where Shin had come to a sudden stop the group themselves came to a halt. They turned back, noting that their 'leader' seemed to be gazing intently at something nearby. "Shin!" Ryuuiji called, bringing semi-wide brown orbs to his form. "Let's go. I've only got..." Here he gazed at his watch and gave a soft whine, "ten more minutes."


Author's Note: I apologize if the wait was long, it isn't my fault at all. What with Thanksgiving having just passed and all.

Ossu*- Japanese slang meaning "Hey."

Maa maa, minna-san*- Means "calm down everyone."

Fujiwara Norika*- Famous actress in Japan.

Kumichou*- A yakuza boss.

Sumimasen*- Means "excuse me or sorry."

Goukon*- Is group date.

Swallowtail Cafe*- This is actually a real place in Ikebukoro, Japan. It also only hires men of foreign descent. It's a butler cafe where the serving staff is dressed like butler, in coat-tails and pocket-watches and white gloves and the like.

Review please~.