Promises

Promises
"You promised, Yoongi. You promised twenty times."

Yoongi let out a long sigh, lazily looking up at Seokjin who seemed way too fragile to be mad. He nodded firmly, taking another sip from his coffee. "I told you," Yoongi leaned back into his chair, setting the mug down. "I try to keep them, Seokjin. You know I'm busy." Seokjin could only roll his eyes, but he knew just as well as Yoongi that he wasn't actually mad at the other. "For once, Yoongi, for once, I would like you to forget about music and keep your promise." 

Seokjin hadn't touched his food, but he had rather been playing around with it instead. Yoongi sighed again. "You know music is important to me, Seokjin. I just-" Seokjin cut him off. "Am I not more important?" Yoongi his lips at that. Of course Seokjin meant more to him than music, but Yoongi had too much work to finish up.

"Why can't you just ing understand that I'm doing this for you?" Yoongi finally snapped, banging a fist on the table that had Seokjin jump slightly in surprise. "If I skip a day of work, 's only gonna be piling up and I'll end up with even more work than I already have. That means that I'll be home even later than I am now, is that what you want?" 

Seokjin's eyes had started to fill up with tears, and Yoongi knew he should've kept his voice low. He knew Seokjin hated it when Yoongi raised his voice to yell at him. However, Seokjin shook his head, slowly, then looked down at his plate. Yoongi could hear his muffled sniffles and stood up from his seat to walk over to his boyfriend. "Hyung," Yoongi sighed, taking Seokjin's hand and pulling him up. 

Seokjin was taller than he was; but Seokjin was also way more fragile than Yoongi was. Seokjin would curl up like a puppy whenever Yoongi raised his voice, and it never failed to make Yoongi frown. He was in no way, shape or form going to hurt Seokjin, yet somehow he was still scared to touch Seokjin whenever he was like this. Seokjin was like thin glass that could break at any point, all it took was some force. 

So when Yoongi would pull him up from his seat, he'd do so very, very softly. He'd grab Seokjin by the hand, and slowly pull him up. Yoongi thought it looked like a dramatic scene in one of those dramas that they enjoyed watching together, but Seokjin liked it, and that was all that mattered. 

Yoongi lead the taller male to their bedroom and allowed both of them to fall down onto the bed. Seokjin had immediately curled up against Yoongi, his head resting against the shorter male's chest and hands curled loosely around the fabric of Yoongi's shirt. Yoongi let out a content sigh as he s his arms around the elder; slipping a hand underneath his shirt to touch Seokjin's soft skin. 

Seokjin's skin was warm as always and Yoongi's hands were cold as always. Seokjin didn't mind the cold of Yoongi's fingers soft circles on his back, as long as they would stay like this. Yoongi pulled up the blanket to cover their bodies and planted a soft kiss on top of Seokjin's head.

"I'll be home on time tomorrow, I promise."