The Story Begins

Her Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, and earlier on, Nayeon asked me to go with her to the shopping mall to get the things for our Science experiment. Nayeon is just so beautiful, she’s so cute, she’s so-” Donghyuk continued to blabber about his lovely dream girl, Nayeon. And the funniest thing is, the rest of the boys were so interested about Donghyuk’s fantasies of Nayeon - except one. He was too focus on this particular girl.

He had seen her along the corridors in uniform as they were in the same school, and he had never bothered to even bat an eye at her. He noticed that she was in the class next to him, though. But over the last few days, he felt so intrigued to her.

Yunhyeong closed his eyes, recalling everything, while ignoring all the surrounding sounds. 

And there, in his memory, he saw that smile which seemed as if it was the radiant sunshine shining through the gates of heaven. He saw her walking along the busy streets of Seoul with earpiece plugged in, wearing a simple tee with a casual skirt. It made him wonder, how can one be so cute looking in those? She was bouncing and swaying her body a little to the side, according to the rhythm of the music. Just then, an old lady dropped her cart of cardboxes. Others just glanced over, then acting as if they were in a rush, or did not see her. But that girl didn’t. She removed her earpieces hastily and stuffed everything on her hands into her bag while rushing to the grandmother. Her smile changed into a look full of worry. Yunhyeong, too, wanted to help the old lady. But god damn traffic lights.

That girl swiped off the dirt on the old lady’s fragile hands gently. Then, grabbing the old lady’s hand while pulling her up. She also picked up the card boxes which had dropped on the ground. When she stood up again, she was already panting. Her act of kindness did not just end there. She even pushed her cart across the road, and making sure the old lady crosses in time too. 

With Yunhyeong’s eyes still closed, the corners of his lips slowly met his cheeks unknowingly. 

Then another memory of her appeared in his mind. 

She was not only kind, she was playful, too. And that was simply adorable to him. He remembered couple of days ago, when Nayeon was upset after getting insulted harshly by the school’s bullies. She hopped like a bunny to Nayeon, and made her laugh like no tomorrow. She got the upset girl to play kiddy games with her, totally turning that frown on her friend’s face to a huge smile. 

He thought that she looked like a cute squirrel too, one of his favourite animals.

And there, Yunhyeong’s smile grew wider, and wider. He was unaware of the stares from his friends and mumbles, until Hanbin slammed his hand on the table, causing Yunhyeong to be shocked awake. To his astonishment, he saw 6 pairs of eyes staring at him, confused. “Yah, Song Yunhyeong, what’s wrong with you? Smiling like an idiot. Why? Found a crush, huh?” Hanbin questioned.

“How did you know,” Yunhyeong mumbled. “No, wait. I mean, n- no, I don’t.” he tried to lie.

“You’re a terrible liar, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter