Not Quite Christmas Day

Not Quite Christmas Day

Sanghyuk pulls his legs up to his chest. He leans against the large window in his dorm. His exhales, watching his breath appear before him. His face starts to tingle from the cold glass, as he flickers his eyes closed.

"I wanna go home," he mutters, as he lets a tear fall. "Everyone else got to." He drops his head down, sighing deeply.



 

"Hakyeon, Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Wonshik. You get to go home tomorrow."

The four instantly smile, moving to hug each other.

"Hongbin, you have your drama."

Hongbin nods, dipping his head in understanding.

"Sanghyuk, you must stay."

The reasons fall on deaf ears as Sanghyuk pales. He tenses, nodding when the words end. The others filter out, smiling and happy. The CEO of his company looks at him. Sanghyuk shakes, paled slightly.

"What is it?" The CEO asks, staring at him.

"I want to go home," Sanghyuk whispers, looking at the floor.

"You need to practice. Now get going. I have calls to make," the CEO speaks. Sanghyuk bows, leaving the room after. He walks down to the car. He slips in beside his group mates. He smiles like nothing is wrong, as they head to their dorm.



 

Sanghyuk pulls his cheek off the glass with a small pop. He pushes his blond hair back, sighing deeply. He rolls over to stand, shivering from the cold. He walks to the kitchen, grabbing a blanket along the way. He lays it over his shoulders, grabbing a mug. He fills it with water, setting it in a microwave.

He zones out, only to return with the beep. He grabs hot chocolate powder from the cupboard, pulling out the water. He mixes his drink as he walks back to the window. He sits down in the little cubby, adjusting the blanket. He sips from his mug, zoning out from his state of mind again.

Mumbling buzzes in his ears. His eyes remain unfocused in front of him. He sips his hot chocolate, allowing his hands to leech off the heat. He sighs, dipping his head down. He leans back with a solid clunk.

The background noise increases, as a figure darkens what little light is in front of him. Sanghyuk blinks, looking up. He fades from his daze, as a familiar set of dimples smiles at him.

"Come on. Get your presents from wherever you've hidden them," Hongbin speaks, tilting his head. Sanghyuk dips his head down, sighing after.

"What's the point?" He mutters. Hongbin pouts, squatting down beside him.

"What wrong?" He asks, moving to lean against the window.

"Don't worry about it," Sanghyuk mumbles, leaning against the wall. Hongbin frowns, rising up to his full height. He moves back, as Sanghyuk dips back into his state. Hongbin pulls out his phone, stepping away from Sanghyuk.



 

Sanghyuk's eyes remain closed, as he feels his body start to succumb to the numbness of sleep. He's cold. He pulls the blanket tighter around himself, humming weakly at the warmth.

Maybe some extra sleep wouldn't be so bad.

A door slams open just as Sanghyuk reaches the final state of drifting off. He jolts up, still in a haze. A hand grabs him, pulling him up to tingling feet. He stumbles, falling onto the person which pulled him up. "Sorry," he mumbles, looking at him. "Taekwoon?"

"Come on," Taekwoon speaks, fixing Sanghyuk's hair. He leads him out of the cubby. The spoon clinks in his mug, before it is taken away by Jaehwan.

"What? Why?" Sanghyuk asks, as he is seated on their chocolate colored couch.

"Hongbin asked us to come home," Hakyeon explains, putting down a box of presents.

"Guilt tripped us is more like it," Wonshik counters, leading against the doorway with his own presents in hand. Hakyeon walks over to him, easily slicing his neck. They laugh, before Wonshik walks out to set his own presents in the pile.

Jaehwan walks out, holding a half empty container of cookies in one hand and presents in another. "We're on a diet," Hakyeon speaks, lunging at him.

"I don't ing care. It's the holidays," Jaehwan counters, sending crumbs flying from his mouth. Sanghyuk laughs out at that, as Hakyeon neck chops him taking a cookie for himself.

"Get your presents," Taekwoon whispers, pinching the back of his neck. Sanghyuk moves away, pulling his blanket closer to him. He enters his bedroom, smiling weakly. He kneels down to his closet, opening it. He grabs out a small pile of small presents and envelopes. He walks out to find a sizable pile and plates of cookies and treats.

"Come on!" Hongbin commands, beckoning him over. Sanghyuk smiles, sitting between Taekwoon and Hakyeon. He places his presents down, grabbing a small cookie. He adjusts the blanket, as Hakyeon starts sorting them presents out. A pile is set before him.

"Hyukkie's gifts first?" Hakyeon suggests, ruffling his hair. Sanghyuk laughs, leaning into the touches. Taekwoon silently opens his present, smiling slightly. A container of orange ear plugs is revealed to him.

"I know we're loud, and you don't always have your music," Sanghyuk explains, rubbing his hands. Taekwoon chuckles, nodding slowly.

"Thank you," he whispers. He reaches out, pinching the back of Sanghyuk's neck. Sanghyuk squeals out, laughing slightly.

Wonshik opens his next, a small envelope. He pulls out the card, reaching what's inside. His eyes widen, and he nods slowly. His cheeks blush pink. "Thank you. I will definitely use this," he chokes out. He shakes his head, coughing after.

"Sanghyuk, what did you give him?" Hakyeon asks. Sanghyuk blushes himself.

"You do not need to know," he explains, reaching to scratch the back of his neck. Hakyeon huffs, as Hongbin opens his own box. Small pictures are revealed to him. Hongbin smiles, flickering through them.

"How did you get these?" He asks, as small tears leak from the corners of his eyes.

"Photo recovery software, and a lot of time spent uncorrupting those files. I'm sorry about ruining your camera," Sanghyuk speaks. Hongbin moves over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you. These mean alot to me," he whispers. Sanghyuk hugs him back, rubbing slow circles.

Jaehwan rolls his eyes, and grabs his own. He rips off the One Piece based paper, revealing small white box. He opens that, and he laughs at what's inside. "Chopper. Nice." He pulls out the small, plush toy.

"Keep going," Sanghyuk commands. Jaehwan flips the box over. A small gold card falls out. Jaehwan grabs it, reading the words engraved on it.

"Official One Piece Golden Club Membership?! There are only two hundred of these," he gasps, rubbing it slowly. "How much did you pay for this?!"

"You don't need to know," Sanghyuk dismisses, shaking his head.

"Thank you," Jaehwan thanks, smiling brightly.

"Jaehwan got something Chopper themed. How original, Sanghyuk," Hakyeon teases, opening his envelope. He pulls out a letter. He reads it, eyes starting to water as he goes down. He looks in the envelope when he's done, pulling out a small slip of paper. He laughs out, attempting to blink away his tears. Some slip out, and Sanghyuk frowns deeply.

"I didn't think you'd be this emotional when I wrote that," Sanghyuk whispers, scooting over to Hakyeon. He pulls him into his arms, rubbing his back slowly. Hakyeon leaning into his chest, sobbing uncontrollably. "Shush. You're okay."

"I-I know," he whispers, sniffling and pulling back. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Sanghyuk whispers, looking down at his own presents. "So, Hongbin's presents next?"

Sanghyuk ends up with his own pair of fake black rimmed glasses (for visual purposes), from Hongbin; a Naruto themed scarf, (which ended up around his head with the symbol facing outward like the show's headband) from Jaehwan; a small stuffed cat, striped black and white to match his Leo doll (to not make it "feel alone"), from Taekwoon; a snapback and can of body spray (to "attract the ladies"), from Wonshik; and a small packet of cigarettes, from Hakyeon (because it has been more than enough time for him to see him as an adult).

"We have something else for you," Hongbin says, moving to grab Wonshik's laptop. Wonshik logs in, opening Skype. The call loading screen appears before him. A pair appears and Wonshik turns it around.

"Is it working?" The man asks, as Sanghyuk's eyes widen.

"I don't know," the woman replies. Sanghyuk crawls forward, as Wonshik sets the computer down.

"Mom? Dad?" Sanghyuk whispers, reaching out to the screen. He rubs it, laughing out loud. He smiles, small but happy.

"There's my boy," his mother coos, smiling brightly at him.

"Hey," he whispers, looking at them. He pulls his blanket around himself tighter.

"How are you, son?" His father asks, adjusting his glasses.

"I'm good. I'm good. It's nice to finally talk to you both. I'm sorry I can't as often as I used to," Sanghyuk confesses, watching his parents.

"You're busy sweetie. We understand," his mother says, as she looks up at a clock. "We can't chat for long. Your father needs his beauty sleep."

“Are you getting enough sleep, Sanghyuk?” his father asks, adjusting the cane he leans on. Sanghyuk nods rapidly.

“Enough, most days,” he confirms.

The three chat, other members floating in from time to time. Sanghyuk’s joy and happiness increases, the more he talks to his parents. His brother floats into the screen, and they speak for a spell.

“We need to sleep, Sanghyuk. We aren’t young like you.”

Sanghyuk laughs out, eyes expressing his happiness. "I understand. I love you guys."

"We love you, too, Sanghyuk," his father speaks, before they end the call. Sanghyuk closes the laptop, tearing up after.

Tears fall from his eyes, as he smiles wider. "Thank you guys."

Hakyeon takes him into his arms, rubbing his shoulders. "We care about you Sanghyuk. Everyone deserves to see their family," he whispers, kissing Sanghyuk's forehead. Sanghyuk nods, as Hakyeon pulls back.

"Thank you. This was the best thing given to me," he explains, sighing after.

"Well, it's midnight guys. We have to be up at six. Let's get some rest," Wonshik speaks, checking the time.

"That sounds nice," Sanghyuk agrees, standing up. He adjusts his blanket, walking into his room. Wonshik follows after, the other four entering the same room. He lays on his bed, curling into a ball. He grabs his Leo doll, pulling it close.

Wonshik's snores reach Sanghyuk's ears within ten minutes. Sanghyuk flips over, looking at him. He bites his lips, as sounds of rest and sleep reach his ears. He flips over again, sighing slightly.

He stands, and lightly kicks Wonshik's thigh. Wonshik groans, rubbing his eyes, and looking up at him. "What?"

"Come with me," Sanghyuk demands, holding his Leo doll close. Wonshik groans again, and stands up. Sanghyuk walks out, slipping into the other room. He moves over by Hakyeon. Laying beside him, he snuggles into his chest.

Wonshik chuckles, and moves down beside him. He wraps his arms around Sanghyuk, setting between him and Jaehwan. Sanghyuk hums, pulling Leo close. Wonshik snores in his ears after a minute. Arms surround his body, both from the front and back. He's happy, warm, and easily loved. He smiles wide, falling asleep easily like that.

Both Taekwoon and Hongbin had made their way around him by the time he wakes up Christmas Eve morning.



 

Sanghyuk stands beside the Christmas themed stage. His collar chokes his neck, as his clothing lays loosely over his body. Hakyeon walks over to him, ruffling his hair in a way to not ruin the stylists work. Sanghyuk rolls his eyes, and watches the group performing before him. Taekwoon walks to him next. His hand comes up to pinch his neck. Jaehwan comes after, casually poking his nose. Sanghyuk rolls his eyes, adjusting his microphone. Wonshik comes next, punching his arm, smiling at him. Hongbin comes last, and he hugs Sanghyuk from behind. Sanghyuk playfully hits his thigh.

Sanghyuk walks out happy, gazing at the countless screaming Starlight which greet them. He's with his family after all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 2003 words... Barely hit that word count. This was possibly the most stressful thing I have written, and I don't believe this story is like the prompt 100%. But it is done~! Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you like this whoever requested this/