Final

How to Say It

  You and Wonwoo were walking back from your short trip to the convenience store, laughing about a story he was telling you about Vernon. Your laughter died down after a little while, a comfortable silence surrounding you. You noticed that Wonwoo began to fall behind you, though, you didn’t pay it much attention.

“Ah, (Y/N)… Uh…” You turned around to look at Wonwoo, who had completely stopped.

“Yeah?” You asked, not seeming to notice the way he visibly gulped.

“Uh, you dropped this.” He said while handing you a folded receipt, the one from the convenience store.

“Oh. Thank you, Wonwoo.” You said, flashing him a bright smile.

  Soon, you and Wonwoo returned to the practice room, laughing lightheartedly. After messing around for, about, two hours, you decided that you should probably return to your apartment, as you had school tomorrow.

  You hung out with all of the SEVENTEEN members, not spending a lot of time with anyone particular. Somehow, though, you would always spend the most time with Wonwoo and Mingyu. You couldn’t and wouldn’t complain because hanging out with Mingyu was always fun and for the fact that you had unexplainable feelings for Wonwoo. Whenever it was just the two of you, you felt comfortable with underlying nervousness, when you and Wonwoo were close, you felt a slight tingle running across your skin.

  Even though you hung out with them the most, you felt like Wonwoo was getting further and further from you, more awkward than before. You didn’t exactly understand, but you just hoped it was because of constantly having to practice and prepare for promotions. You wanted to ask him about it, but didn’t want to make things further awkward, so you opted for the next best thing, Mingyu.

  You entered the lounge of the company building, immediately spotting the giant, who was on a laptop.

“Hey, Mingyu.” You said, sitting in the chair across from him.

“Oh, hi, (Y/N)!” He said showing off the grin that showcased his canines. “Did you need something?”

“Well, I don’t exactly need to know, but do you know why Wonwoo’s been avoiding me?” You watched as Mingyu’s lips curled into a smirk.

“Mm. Not really. He’s been really busy, though.” He said as though he was offering something.

“Oh. Now I feel stupid.” You laughed, feeling a little relieved. Mingyu laughed along.

“I don’t think you should feel stupid. Wonwoo should.” Mingyu said.

  You and Mingyu sat around in the lounge, getting coffee after coffee. It was around 10 at night when you finally left.

  A few days passed and you weren’t able to hang out with the members due to school. It was Saturday, and your birthday. Luckily, you didn’t have anything to do, that is, until you heard your phone going off, SEVENTEEN’s ‘Ah Yeah’ playing, signaling that Seungcheol was calling. You quickly answered the call, smiling when you heard talking in the background.

“Hello?” You started.

“(Y/N)! Happy Birthday~!” You heard Seungkwan sing in the background.

“Thanks, Seungkwan.” You said, laughing a little.

“Excuse him. Anyways, come to our practice room, yeah?” He asked, talking a little loud due to the other members.

“Mmhm, sure.” You said, already beginning to get ready.

“Alri–” “BYE~!” “Seungkw–!” Was the last you heard before the call was ended.

  You finished getting dressed, quickly heading to the practice room. Soon, you arrived there, opening the door to be welcomed by an, almost, empty room. The only person was none other than Wonwoo. You closed the door loud enough announcing your arrival. Wonwoo spun around in his chair to face your direction.

“Hi.” He said simply.

“Hello.” You replied, setting your bag down.

  You stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

“Oh, let me get a chair for you.” Wonwoo said, leaving the room, shortly arriving again.

“Thank you.” You said sitting down in the chair next to his.

  You both sat there in, pretty much, silence, the clicking of keys on the laptop being the only thing heard. Eventually, Wonwoo shut the laptop, turning to face you. He looked at you only to look away seconds after.

“Sorry. For being awkward.” Wonwoo laughed nervously.

“It’s okay.” You replied, watching his movements.

“Uhm, (Y/N), I rea–” Wonwoo was cut off by a loud bang from behind the both of you.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)!!!” The other twelve members shouted in unison, the shout slowly dying out when they all realized that they had interrupted the moment.

  You looked at each member, surveying their expressions when a loud pop ricocheted through the awkward silence of the room. Your eyes landed on Mingyu, who was grinning nervously. Slowly the other member backed out of the room, one by one. You turned to Wonwoo when Jihoon, the last member, had left.

“What were you saying?” You asked, smiling at him.

“It… It’s nothing important.” He said, smiling back at you.

  Wonwoo invited the other members back in, sighing while quietly saying something to Mingyu. You and the SEVENTEEN members had a mini party, playing games and, best of all, eating a delicious cake. Soon, you left.

  It had been a couple of days, again, and the SEVENTEEN members were extremely busy, their free day was tomorrow. You went about your day, not failing to let your mind wander to Wonwoo. Eventually, around 6 in the evening, Wonwoo was calling your phone, much to your surprise. You answered the call faster than you ever answered a call, a smile quickly making its way to your lips.

“Hey, (Y/N), are you free?” You heard Wonwoo’s voice, your heart beginning to beat faster.

“Uh, y-yeah.” You said, smiling a little.

“Okay. Meet me in the recording studio, okay?” Wonwoo asked, eager for your reply.

“Okay.” You said, running out of the door before hanging up.

  You quickly rushed to the Pledis building, making it there in less than 15 minutes. You got to the recording studio in a matter of seconds. You practically burst through the door, locating Wonwoo in the booth. Jihoon was sitting in the chair, ready to record as soon as you got there, and Mingyu was sitting on the couch behind Jihoon. You watched as Wonwoo gave a thumbs up to Jihoon, who pressed a few buttons then a few switches.

  Soon, music began to play, it sounded similar to ‘Adore You’. Then Wonwoo began to rap, his voice resonating throughout the quiet room. After a matter of seconds, you realized Wonwoo had rearranged ‘Adore You’ to confess to you. Realization struck you, all the times he was cut off or too nervous was the times he wanted to confess, and you couldn’t be happier. Soon the song ended, and he came out of the recording booth.

  He looked up at you, a small smile on his lips. You smiled back, feeling the sparks rush through your body.

“(Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?” Wonwoo asked, taking your hand gently.

“Of course, I will, Wonwoo.” You said smiling as he pulled you into a shy hug.

“Okay, okay. I get you like each other, but don’t rub it in.” Jihoon sighed, pushing past you and Wonwoo.

“Excuse him. And me. Carry on.” Mingyu said, grinning at you both before closing the door behind him.