Thank You

Thank You

November rain. That is how people romanticize the rain in this month. Wonho did not want to romanticize it, especially when he did not bring umbrella. Wonho hates it when his shoes becomes dirty because of water. And there he was, back from work, all drenched to the skin and he got some hint of mud attached to his shoes.

He rushed to the living room to know you fell asleep on the couch while holding your favorite book. The Snow Child again, eh? He thought to himself. He then went to your room to take your blanket. He remembered how you liked the story in that book so much. You could read it over and over again until you forgot how many times you read it already. He bought you the newest version since the old one you had was already damaged. 

He took the book and put it to te table near the couch. Just when he was about to put the blanket over you, he felt warm when his hand coincidentally brushed your skin. He then put his palm on your forehead to lightly examine whether you catch a fever or not.

"Wait, you are burning with fever!" he said in a panicked tone but still managed in low voice so you were not awaken by it. But you could still hear him.

He was panicked and you could not help but smile to yourself. Just when he was about to look for the fever patch, you took his hand. You could feel him startled. He sat on the floor so he could match your eye level. 

"Where were you from? Did you get stuck in rain? You did not bring umbrella, did you?" He cupped your cheek. He asked the questions with almost no space.

"You did not bring your umbrella too, did you?" You flashed a smile, but you could still feel his worries.

"What's with that look? I will be okay by tomorrow, don't worry,"

He stood up and back to his first intention to look for fever patch but you took his hand again.

"I need to look for fever patch for you,"

"No, just stay," You said while patting the space left on the couch.

"But I am drenched. Your fever could get worsen,"

He then went to change his clothes, and he was back with some fever patch and a cup of warm tea. He was so good at doing so many things in such a quick time. After he made you took some sip of the tea, he stayed beside you. He laid beside you and embraced you with his left hand, while managing the blanket to cover up his bodies and yours. You smiled, remembered how Wonho insisted to buy this large couch so both of you could cuddle there. But the reality was you and him never actually use that couch to cuddle. Untill finally this time the couch did its real function.

Wonho hugged you tighter. You could hear his heart beat faster. You then snuggled closer to him.

"Shinho,"

"Hm?"

"You are not crying right?"

He laughed. But you could feel something shaky in his voice.

"Of course I am not crying,"

"But you cried the last time I got fever,"

"You were so sick back then,"

You smiled. He kissed the top of your head.

"Shinho,"

"Hm?" He looked at you caringly.

"Please stay like this," and he nodded.

Wonho stayed until the sun went up. He did not sleep. He took care of you, changed your fever patch, brought warm drink for you. And he stayed. He remember you told him that you do not like to be alone when you are sick. And you love how he stayed beside you, just like how your father took care of you when you were sick. Your father would lay beside you and hug you to sleep. Half of the fever would move to my body, so you won't feel too sick. Your father said. The last time you were sick, he was crying because he thought that was all his fault. For not picking you up on time, for asking you to wait for him. He cried, not a loud cry, but still, crying Wonho is always something for you. This time, he did not cry. He mumbled 'sorry' for several times.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

The sun light beamed through the window and It woke you up. That time you realised that Wonho moved you from the couch to your bedroom. You heard a light voice of someone talking mixed with busy kitchen voice. Did Kihyun come over? Because Shinho cannot cook, at all. You thought to yourself. You woke up and walked to the kitchen slowly since you still felt dizzy.

When you opened the door, the voice became clearer. Wonho was talking with someone over the phone.

"So, how long do I need to boil the broth? Ah, okay. Then I put the rice into the pan?"

"Do I need to chop the chicken? I mean, maybe she still has some dificulty to chew. What if I chop all of the ingredients? Huh? No?"

You could tell it was Kihyun who tutor him to cook over phone. Kihyun always helped Wonho when it comes to cooking. Wonho looked uncomfortable because he was not really familiar with the kitchen. He might look for each draw and board to find some ingredients or tools.

You came closer to the kitchen, but Wonho was too absorbed with the cooking that he did not realize you've woken up. You watched him from behind. You thought it would be awesome watching someone who is good at cooking in the kitchen. But then you realized, it was even better seeing someone who is not good at cooking struggling in the kitchen to make the food edible and presentable enough. Wonho looked sweaty, as if he just had his morning run. He furrowed his eyebrows now and then everytime he found a bottle of spice in the kitchen, wondering if that was the right ingredient, and then he would call Kihyun again. Cooking Wonho was so adorable.

You came closer to the kitchen and decided to approach him.

"Shinho,"

He was startled and for some seconds thought he woke you up by the noisy things he did in the kitchen. But then he flashed a big smile to you. You looked better than yesterday.

"Hey, you've woken up! I cook some. . ."

He did not finish his sentence since you suddenly hugged him. He did not know what to do since he still hold the pan and the spatula. He put them down, turned around, and hugged you back. He caressed your hair. He could tell you were still having fever since your body still felt warm.

"Shinho," you mumbbled

He looked at you with a caring smile.

"Thank you for taking care of me,"