Final.

Love Letter

 

Dear you,

 

            Hello. You’re probably surprised to see me write to you especially since it’s been a while. Do you remember the first time we met 4 years ago? I was minding my own business in that bubble tea shop when you and your friends barged in and created so much noise. After you got your drinks you stayed around and while you guys were playing around you managed to dump your drink all over me. Even though I was angry that I was drenched, I couldn’t help but smile when I saw you smile after you apologized several times. You even offered to buy me a whole new outfit but I brushed off that offer and just let you give me your sweater to replace my drenched shirt. I slept in your sweater that night. It was so comfy and smelled so nice. I felt like I was being hugged as I slept.

 

“I’m so sorry…my friend tripped me and- “he said while bowing several times. She just smiled and shook her head, “Its fine. I saw that you tripped. It’s fine.” She takes the tissues he offers and tries to dry her drenched shirt, one that happened to be white and slowly becoming see-through. As she’s attempting to avoid letting everyone in the shop see her black VS bra, the guy whose drink had gone on her was slipping off his sweater. “Here, you can wear this to cover up your shirt” he says while handing her his sweater. She looks up and slowly takes the sweater, “thank you” she says while slipping it on and zipping it up. He smiles and bows again before saying, “I’m sorry again. I shouldn’t have been playing around with a drink in my hand.” She’s caught by his beautiful smile and smiles back, “Its fine. It was an accident” she says.

 

 

            After our accidental meeting we kept meeting up again. It was as if fate made sure we always met up somewhere random, at the park, by the Han River, your friend’s party. We became close after a few meetings and you ended up being my best friend. From then on I made it my mission to make you smile everyday. Whether it was early in the morning when you called me while getting your hair done for your day schedule or late at night when you get home from your long, tiring dance practices.

 

 

eh~ eh~ spongebob She giggles at the ring tone of him imitating spongebob before she answers his phone call. “Hello spongebob” she says while lying down under her sheets. She smiles when she hears him chuckle before answering, “Hi star…did I wake you up?” “No, I’m still up. I can’t sleep again…did you just get back from practice?” she asks. He sighs and she hears him collapse onto his bed with a thump, “yeah…how was your day?” he says with a yawn. “Boring compared to yours” she answers while switching to speaker phone and placing her cell phone beside her teddy bear. They talk for a while more till she starts to hear his light snores over the phone. She chuckles and whispers, “I made you laugh today. Every time you laugh you’re beautiful smile shows”.

 

 

 

            I’m getting side tracked again. You’re probably wondering why I’m writing to you…It’s because I’m doing something I should’ve done a long time ago. I know this would probably be better if I said it to your face but you know I’m not good at talking face to face about feelings and such. But here goes…

 

           

 

I love you

 

 

 

I’ve loved you from the moment you smiled at me at that coffee shop till now. You remember when you used to ask me why I was still your friend even though you’re barely there?  It’s because from the moment I fell for you, I wanted to be by your side forever, even if it was just as your best friend. I wanted to be there to protect you, make you smile each day, and be your shoulder to lean on. I’m telling this to you now because I know that if I don’t, it will just hurt worse to leave without saying a word. Yeah you read right. I’m leaving or have left by the time you read this. I’m leaving because after 4 years of being by your side as your best friend, I just can’t take it anymore. I love you too much to just watch you date and fall in love with other girls. I’m sorry if I broke our promise but for once in my life I’m taking my own feelings into consideration before yours.

 

 

 

Thank you for everything,

 

 

 

Pia

 

 

 

He stares at the letter in his hand. A tear lands on the paper and for the first time since he started reading it, he realizes he’s crying.