Final

I'm on My Knees and Ready to Get Hurt

Wonsik had no problems what so ever doing whatever Sanghyuk wanted. Even if it left him embarrassed, left his pride in shambles, he’d still do anything Sanghyuk wanted. After all, he loved Sanghyuk. Didn’t you do anything for the one you loved?

The only problem with this was the fact that Sanghyuk didn’t love Wonsik.

No, Sanghyuk was never in love with Wonsik. He was always on love with someone else. The guy at the coffee shop just down the street from their apartment building. His partner from his grade eleven science class. His dance instructor. His current love was some kid in his psychology class. Wonsik thought his name was Jae something.

Even knowing that, Wonsik would still do anything to please Sanghyuk. If it would make the other happy, Wonsik would burn the whole world. Sanghyuk wouldn’t even have to ask. Just like when the guy from science humiliated Sanghyuk because Sanghyuk had confessed his feelings. Wonsik had broken the flower boy’s nose and given him a black eye before the teacher yanked him into the principal’s office. Sanghyuk had been angry at him for getting suspended, but Wonsik knew he appreciated the meaning behind his actions.

Sometime, it hurt. Knowing that Sanghyuk didn’t love him.

What hurt even more was that Sanghyuk wanted to love him.

“I wish I loved you,” Sanghyuk often said whenever the one currently holding his heart did something that caused him pain, “I wish I loved you like you love me. Then neither of us would be hurting right now.”

“I know,” Wonsik would always reply, holding Sanghyuk tightly in his arms, “I wish for that too.”

“Why?” Sanghyuk would then cry, “Why can’t I be in love with you? I want to love you so badly, so why can’t I? Why do I keep falling for people who’ll never love me back?”

“I wish I knew,” Wonsik’s reply would never change to that, “I wish I knew.”

Those nights would always end the same. Wonsik would always hold Sanghyuk until he fell asleep. Then he’d carry the younger to his bed, curling up beside him before falling asleep himself. The next morning he’d wake up to Sanghyuk cooking them breakfast, smiling brightly at him and offering second helpings of whatever he’d made.

It was moments like that when Wonsik wondered if maybe, just maybe, Sanghyuk might one day love him.

A/N: this theme……I’m not totally sure how I feel about it. I like it, but I also kind of hate it.