What is the truth?

Truth or lie?

**UNBETA-ED


 

I'm outside.

 

Soojung texted her boyfriend as soon as she was outside his dorm. It has been a norm for them ever since they started dating - Soojung visits Jongin at his dorm, she texts him that she is outside and then he opens the door for her. Both of them were homebodies and would rather stay inside to cuddle and just watch movies when they do not have schedules. Jongin rarely visits Soojung's dorm because his dorm with his fellow members is bigger. Plus he always somehow manages to have the dorm by himself because his other members either have their individual schedules or they head out to hang out with their other friends.

 

WIthin seconds, Soojung hears the sound that indicates that the door is unlocked and quickly enters. She proceeds to enter Jongin's room that he shares with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to place her bag on his bed. When she enters, Jongin isn't there and she assumes that he is in the kitchen.

 

"Do you want anything to eat?" A deep voice says from behind Soojung and if she wasn't so familiar with the voice she would have jumped in surprised.

 

She turns around and without saying anything, immediately hugs Jongin. It took awhile for Jongin to respond to her hug, probably surprised by his girlfriend's sudden display of affection, but he eventually wraps his arms around her. He places his chin above her head and mumbles, "What was that for?"

 

Soojung sighs and shakes her head, "Nothing, I just miss you. What not with the comeback and promotions. I also have that new show that we are doing? The one I told you about called-"

 

She stops when she feels Jongin's body shake from him letting out a soft chuckle. Pulling back from the hug slightly, Soojung asks with a frown on her face, "What?"

 

Jongin has a smirk on his face but instead he asks, "Do you want anything to eat first?"

 

Unsatisfied at how her boyfriend isn't answering her question, Soojung hits his chest. "Answer me!"

 

"It's been almost a week since you last saw your boyfriend and this is how you treat him?" Jongin chides playfully while rubbing his chest (Soojung's hit barely hurts him though).

 

Soojung pouts and Jongin can't help but to give a quick peck. Soojung smiles sheepishly before dragging Jongin towards his bed. "I'm sorry. But no, I'm not hungry. I'm actually really tired so can we just lie down and cuddle?"

 

Jongin has yet to reply but Soojung is already positioning herself on Jongin's bed with her arms outstretched, waiting for Jongin to join her. Laughing through his nose, he shakes his head at her in amusement and joins her on his bed. Like magnets that are attracted to each other, Soojung immediately lies on her side and slings her arm over his waist, her head on his chest.

 

With Jongin's fingers combing through her hair, Soojung feels like she could fall asleep any moment. The comfortable silence is always what she cherish most between them. When they are together, she doesn't feel this burden of having to constantly talk and entertain the other. She could feel her eyelids getting heavier and heavier but the silence was broken when Jongin says, "So, I was bored while waiting for you just now."

 

Thinking that Jongin would just continue with what he was saying, Soojung keeps mum. However, he did not and so she taps her fingers on his chest wanting him to continue. "And?"

 

"Well, I randomly searched your name on Twitter and guess what I found?"

 

"What?"

 

Jongin sighs, "You don't even bother trying to guess, do you?"

 

Soojung sighs back in response, "Jongin, you should know this by now. Just tell me."

 

"So I remember how you told me on the phone a few nights ago that you were going to surprise this girl who shares the same birthday as you at her school the next day. Apparently she created a Twitter account to share some stories of what happened during the whole thing."

 

"Oh?" Soojung sits up form her position, forming an 'O'. "Is that allowed?"

 

"I guess so," Jongin replies, pulling Soojung back to lie down on the bed. This time they are both lying on their sides and are facing each other as Jongin continues the conversation. "I mean the episode did air yesterday so I'm guessing it's fine."

 

"Right, it did."

 

"Anyway, there was this one story that she shared which was really interesting to me," Jongin says and that smirk he had before was back on his face.

 

Soojung squints her eyes at him, "That smirk is back on your face. Come on, tell me what did you read that is making that smirk keep appearing on your face."

 

"I'm assuming that she was my fan? Because from what she mentioned, she had a photo of me as either her wallpaper or lockscreen."

 

Soojung tries to recall that day and her eyes widened slightly when she remembers what happened. She realises then where Jongin is going with this.

 

"Obviously I was happy about that," Jongin says with a chuckle and Soojung rolls her eyes at him but a smile is evident on her face. "But imagine my surprise as I continued to read her tweets."

 

Jongin sneakily wraps his arm around Soojung's waist to pull her closer to him, so close that there are barely any gaps between them, and locks her into place. With a raise of a brow he asks, "So, you don't like me, huh?"

 

At that, Soojung purses her lips to stop herself from smiling. She forces herself to put on her thinking face and with an index finger tapping on her chin, she says, "Hmm, let me see. You are really lazy and don't like to go out even though there are times when I feel like going out. You sometimes love sleeping way too much. And your love for chicken is undeniable that I am not going to lie, I am starting to get sick of eating chicken."

 

Soojung can feel Jongin's arm grip around her waist loosen and he has shifted his eyes away from her. But Soojung grips Jongin's chin lightly with her fingers to force him to look at her and continues, "But you are also the most passionate, most hardworking person I have ever met. You may love sleeping but you never forget to cuddle with me and without fail, that always makes me feel warm and safe. And as much as you love chicken, I know you still love me just as much as I love you."

 

"So yes, I don't like you because I love you."

 

Seeing the huge smile on her boyfriend's face, Soojung worry that it might break his face. He leans in to give her a proper kiss on the lips before kissing her forehead. When Jongin finally replies her, Soojung can feel his lips brush against her forehead as he says, "And I love you too."

 

Happiness and love radiates from within her and even though she is tired, even though times haven't been easy for her, everything gets washed away with Jongin's arms wrapped around her.

 

- End -

 


odgodgodgdog idk what i just wrote byE