“You are one of the biggest hypocrites in town.”

DANGER

 

Did Kim Jongin just admit that he likes me or am I losing my mind? I probably am. It’s probably the lack of food in my system making me hallucinate and think things that aren’t true.

Right?

There was only one way to find out.

“Wait,” I shook my head, taking a step back. “Did you just say you like me?” I stared up at him with big eyes.

He chuckled, looking away. “Well… I didn’t quite say it but I did admit to it?” He scratched the back of his neck, avoiding my eyes.

“Aww,” I held back a laugh. “How cute.” I pinched his cheek.

He slapped my hand away. “Don’t do that.” He grumbled.

I smirked. “Who would have known Kim Jongin has feelings?” I cooed in a baby voice, giggling once Kai glared at me.

“Shut up,” He mumbled, biting down on his lip. “I may be heartless but I’m not that heartless.”

“Hey,” I put my hands up. “I never said you were.”

He thought about it before sighing. “True.” He muttered, running his fingers through his hair.

“Well,” I fiddled on my toes. “I like you too.” I whispered against his lips before turning to walk away.

“Where are you going?” He shouted after me.

“To the car, duh! I’m starving.” Emphasizing the word ‘starving’ before continuing my way back to his range rover.

Seconds later, I heard the crumbling of leaves and before I had the chance to turn around to make sure it was Kai, his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to his front side.

“Hey babe,” He spoke with a rasp in my ear as a chill ran down my spine.

“You scared me,” I whacked his side gently before laying my hands on top of his as we continued walking.

He chuckled darkly. “Get used to it,” He pressed his lips to my ear, pecking it gently before letting me go once we reached his car and getting inside.

Walking around to the other side, I got in as well just in time for Kai to turn on the car. Once he had, he sped down the street, on his way to wherever he was going to take us to eat.

After a few minutes of silence and boredom, I shifted in my seat. I glanced over at the radio and then back at him. Biting my lip, I contemplated whether or not I should turn on the radio.

“Hey, Kai?”

“Hm?” He glanced over at me for a split second before moving his eyes back over to the street, shifting arms so that he drove with his left arm hanging off the steering wheel, he dug through his leather black jacket, slipping out another cigarette and lighting it with the lighter before putting it away and taking a few puffs, filling the car with smoke.

“Can I turn on the radio?”

He chuckled, taking another drag before ghosting it out. “No.” He opened the window, letting the mist escape towards the open air before shutting it closed again.

“Why not?” I hissed.

“Because, I don’t like music.” He stated a matter-of-factly.

I rolled my eyes. “Really?” I sighed. “Who doesn’t like music?”

“Me.” He pulled his eyes away form the road, staring into mine. He chuckled a bit causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

“What’s so funny?”

“You don’t remember?” He stared at me with raised eyebrows.

“Remember what?”

He chuckled, shaking his head. “You asked me the same thing the night of the party, when I took you.” Amusement glowed beneath his irises.

I opened my mouth to interject before really thinking about it. After a few seconds, realization hit me and my cheeks went red. “Oh… right.” I giggled slightly. 

He tore his eyes from me while compelling another take from his cigarette. “How did I remember this and you didn’t?” He stared ahead incredulously.

I laughed. “I don’t know.”

“Aren’t the girls the ones who remember pointless things like this?” He chuckled, pulling the cigarette from his lips and keeping it pressed between his index and middle finger.

“I guess so?” I shrugged. “I don’t know. Besides,” I widened my eyes. “Isn’t that a bit stereotypical?”

“How?” He glowered over at me in curiosity.

“I don’t know but it seemed that way. Like, the girls are the ones who always remember things but the guys aren’t? Guys remember things too.” I pointed out before coming to realize something and pointing at him. 

He shrugged. “How was I supposed to know?” He opened the window once more, throwing the cigarette out before rolling it up again leaving us in the warmth of the heater that was currently on.

I smirked. “I’m surprised you remembered something like that.”

“Why?”

“Because you don’t seem like the type to remember ‘pointless things like that’.” I mocked him, cocking a brow up while staring at him with enjoyment.

“I guess I have a good memory.”

“Or what I said stuck with you because I mean something.” I spoke in a sing-song voice, laughing lightly.

He chuckled. “Whatever you want to believe, shawty.”

I felt my cheeks heat up at the nickname he always used to call me back when we first met.

“We’re here.”

I looked up to see Kai driving into a parking lot.

“Already?” I gawked in surprise.

He nodded while parking the car into a slot closest to the diner before turning the ignition off and taking the key out. Exiting the car, I followed soon after as we both began to walk to the diner side by side.

“Perry’s Palace again, eh?” I looked at him.

“It has the best food.” He shrugged before opening the door, pulling me inside with him.

I couldn’t help but remember what happened the last time we were here. “You’re actually going to eat your food, right?” I somewhat gave him a warning look. I don’t want to end up leaving my food half eaten and his not even touched.

He looked down at me. “You're not the only one who’s hungry.” He winked playfully before walking further into the diner, making his way to the far back where we sat the last time.

Sliding into the padded leather seats, I waited as Kai sat down in front of me. My stomach growled for what felt like the thousandth time today. I groaned, covering my stomach.

 He grinned, turning his head once the waiter or should I say waitress came over to our table. He furrowed his eyebrows, staring her down.

I bit the inside of my cheek, wondering what was going on through his mind.

“Hello, my name is Hyeon Jejong and--”

“Aish.” I snapped my head over to see Kai muttering incoherent curse words under his breath.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Kai, are you--”

“Kai?” I turned my head to the right to see the waitress, who goes by the name of Hyeon, pull her head up, alarmed. “Kai Jongin?” She hissed.

I looked over at Kai, completely confused as to what was going on. I felt his body stiffen. “Hey, Hye.” He gulped. “Long time, no see, huh?”

My stomach churned in an uneasy fashion. They know each other? “You know each other?” I pointed between the two.

Kai kept quiet his eyes looking at anything but Hyeon or should I now say Hye?

“Kai and I go way back,” Hye mumbled. “Right, Kim?” I could hear the strain she had beneath her words.

“Yeah,” Kai clutched his hands together. “We go way back.” He chuckled humorlessly with a shake of his head. “I want a different waitress.” He seethed through gritted teeth.

“Kai--” Hye began before Kai cut her off.

“I want a new waitress, now.” He ordered and by the way his eyes turned hard, both Hye and I knew, he were serious.

She bit her lip, fighting the urge to say something more. “Fine.” She spat. “I’ll get you another waitress.” Turning, she walked away, leaving me in complete and utter confusion and Kai… in anger.

“What just happened?”

“Nothing.”

I scoffed. “I wouldn’t say that was nothing, Kim.” The name rolled off my tongue in slight disgust.

“Don’t.” He spat, snapping his head up to look at me. “Call me that.”

“Why not?” I crossed my arms against my chest. “Hye just did, why can’t I?” I countered with a slight attitude.

“Because I said so.” He sneered.

I kept my mouth shut, knowing that if I opened it, I’d just word vomit and a bunch of censured words would just come out.

After a few seconds of silence, a new waitress came to our aid. “Hello. What can I get you guys?”

At this point, I didn’t even feel like eating.

“I’ll have a glass of iced tea and lemonade for her.” He pointed towards me.

She nodded her head. “Alright, I’ll be back with those. In the meantime, search through our menus,” She handed us both one. “And find what you’d like to eat. Okay?”

We nodded, nether of us saying a word.

When she left, I grabbed the menu, pretending to look through it in search for what I’d like to order, when in reality, I was thinking about what just happened.

Who in the world was Hye?

Why did she know Kai?

How did she know Kai?

And why did he get so angry and ask for another waitress?

Just as I was about to open my mouth and try asking him again, the waitress came back with our drinks.

“Okay guys, here you are.” She laid our drinks down on the table. “Did you decide on what you’d like to eat?”

“I’ll have a cheeseburger with a side of French fries and pickles please.”

She scribbled it down on her notepad before turning to look at Kai.

“I’ll have… the same.” He laid his menu down. “Minus the pickles please.”

The waitress nodded. “Alright, your orders should be done in about half an hour.” She smiled before walking off, taking care of the other customers.

I crossed my legs under the table, pressing my arms against my chest. “Are you ever going to tell me what happened with Hye?”

“No.”

“Why not?” I stared at me incredulously.

“Let go, Krystal.” He warned.

“No.” I stood my ground. “I have a right to know.”

“No, you don’t.” He spat. “None of your business and last time I checked you’re not my girl so you don’t have to know and even if you were, I wouldn’t tell you.” He sneered through gritted teeth. I could tell by the shade of his eyes that he wasn’t joking.

My stomach dropped as the words ‘You’re not my girl’ rang through my ears. Passing my tongue on my lips, I looked away, not being able to say another word at this point.

One second he admits that he likes me and then the next second he tells me stupid things like I’m not his girl. He’s beyond confusing and at this rate? He better plan his funeral because I’m about to kill him.

After a few seconds, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I had to know. He was driving me up a wall and making me lose my mind. “You know what?” I spoke up again.

Kai clutched his hands into fists again. “What?” He spat.

I scoffed. “It’s funny how you always demand to know everything about me, never taking no for an answer but the one time I ask you what your deal is, you won’t even dare tell me.”

He shrugged. “Work with it babe.”

“I’m not your babe.” I seethed through a sharp breath. “Remember? I’m not your girl.” I venomously spoke, making sure to add en emphasis to each word.

Kai just stared at me, not saying a word.

“You are one of the biggest hypocrites in town.” I shook my head.

He just continued to stare at me, his lips pressed into a thin line.

“And when we’re done eating,” I gestured between us. “I’m leaving.”

Kai opened his mouth to say something but I cut right through him before he could interject.

“And this time? You better not run after me.” I looked at him, my eyes directly to his. “Because I’m done with you.”