Birthday

Can I tell you a story of season

Title : Can I tell you a story of season.

Author : AechaPark

Rated : PG

Words count : 2,128 words

Note : Attempted Humor. Excessive use of words a.k.a Repetitive words. 

 


Can I tell you a story of season.


 

Everything was being set, fans piling up inside the venue, mini stage set up being double checked, presentations and performances are being prepared and polish.

To say that Wu Yifan is nervous is understatement. He was beyond that, the anxiousness he feels is much stronger than what he felt when they held a presscon for his debut movie, or his 1st shoot for his solo teaser, and even when he 1st set a foot on stage to perform together with his former team, EXO.

 

Yifan sat on the stool in front of a large mirror and stare at his features. His thick brows are furrowed, Lips are a bit quivering and his shoulders are tense.

 

He sigh for the nth time trying to calm himself. He smiled remembering how s get rid of their nervousness by playing and trying to cheer with one another.

 

-*-

 

“HYUNG!! I’m gonna open the music player here, okay?!” Tao shouted while setting up the player in their living room.

 

“Geez Zitao, no need to shout, I’m just right behind you.” Joonmyun replied in an annoyed tone while flipping his book. He lean his back trying to find a comfortable position on the single couch.

 

Tao sheepishly grin at his hyung before sitting down on the floor across Jongin and Baekhyun

 

Today is a rest day, and the members are lazing around the living room. Jongin is feeding Kyungsoo a piece of grape while the latter is still cutting some fruits, Chanyeol is playing on his DS and beside Sehun who's fondling his phone, Baekhyun munching an apple that Kyungsoo cut into 4 pieces, Joonmyun still reading his novel on the single sofa, Jongdae sat down on the couch drinking milk and eating chips, Minseok looking through the magazine and Yixing drying his hair after taking a shower.

 

A lazy bunch of kids on a lazy Thursday afternoon.

 

Everyone stops what they’re doing when a certain song plays. The Star.

 

"Waah I haven't heard that song since Luhan hyung's last performance" Chanyeol broke the silence and laughs awkwardly.

 

 

The members looks at each other as smile crept on their faces.

 

 

"I don't understand what Kris-ge was saying" Tao said right after the english rap and Chanyeol smacks Tao's head

"Pabo! You can't even understand english" everyone erupted into laughter at the misfortune of EXO-M's youngest member.

 

 

"I miss him" Baekhyun said when the laughter died down.

 

 

"Yea, he's a hyung full of surprises, I really miss his randomness" Jongin said popping another grape on his mouth.

 

 

"I miss his sleep-talking the most, it always frighten me at night." Jongdae said, again EXO members erupted into a sheer laughter.

 

 

"Guys we can call him" everyone turned their head to the smiling unicorn on the side who’s still drying his hair silently.

 

 

"BWO?" Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Tao said simultaneously.

 

 

"Ne, we can" Sehun casually said while still fondling his smart phone.

 

 

"Yah! maknae what are you saying?" Joonmyun asked abruptly. "Do you know something?"

 

"Last week, when I was hanging out with Yixing hyung we saw something on his line friends. There's this private account that's active. It was the same account that Kris-hyung use to contact his family secretly." Sehun said setting his phone on the table.

 

 

"How do you know it's him?" Chanyeol ask eyes widening a little bit more if it’s possible.

 

 

"He updated it with a picture of a stuffed animals as his profile picture, we all know how a great er for cute things he is" Yixing said standing up to get his phone on his room.

 

 

Almost everyone’s mouth was left hanging until Joonmyun shrieks “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?!”

 

 

“Ouch, Hyung we’re sorry, we kinda forgot about it” Sehun said holding his ear as he steal some chips on Jondae’s snack.

 

 

“Aissh! I knew it, Lay-hyung’s syndrome is contagious!!” Chanyeol groans dramatically while flailing his long arms.

 

 

Yixing brought out his IPhone6 and speakers in the living room and sets it on the center table.

 

“Calling him now? I heard he has fanmeeting in China? Isn’t he busy right now?” Tao ask as he situated himself at Yixing’s back.

 

“Maybe, but it’s still worth the shot, right?” Tao looks at Minseok who’s excitement is evident in his eyes.

 

“Shall we call him now?” they all nodded and when Yixing is going to click the green icon Baekhyun snatch the phone.

 

“WAIT!” Baekhyun shriek in a very unmanly voice that made everyone cringe.

 

“WHY?!” Jongin grunt almost knocking off the glass of orange juice on the table.

 

“What should we tell him? We should make a plan, or something.” Chanyeol nodded at what Baekhyun said.

 

“We should sing him a Happy Birthday song.” Kyungsoo suggested. “That’s right!” Jongdae agreed instantly to Kyungsoo.

 

Tao snatch back the phone to Baekhyun’s hand and gave it to Yixing. Just as Yixing was about to get his mobile phone Chanyeol snatch it like what Baekhyun did.

 

“WHAT NOW!?” the maknaes and Joonmyun growl in frustration. Everyone is excited to call their beloved and missed Duizhang but the ChanBaek duo is being a nuisance.

 

“What version are we going to sing? Korean, Chinese or English? HE SPEAKS TOO MANY LANGUAGES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!” Another dramatically flail coming from the reaction king.

 

“Chinese!/Korean!” Everyone said unison. They look at each and everyone’s faces then burst out laughing.

 

“Hahaha! I think we should do Chinese, hyung’s a Chinese after all.” The members nodded at the maknae’s remark.

 

Chanyeol tap Yixing’s Iphone and open Yifan’s contact and stare at the screen eyes widening a little bit more.

 

“Com’on Hyung!” The ever impatient Tao glares at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol taps the video call button and place the IPhone on the holder on the speaker. They waited for a few rings until it gets disconnected.

 

 

Yifan stares at the mobile phone in front of him. The song growl blasted on the almost empty dressing room as his phone rings all of a sudden. His mouth hangs open when the caller’s picture flashes on the screen.

 

His heart skipped a bit.

 

His body froze. Immobilized.

 

His hands are slightly shaking and beads of sweat is forming.

 

He is all jittery. Nervous. Anxious.

 

He comes back into his senses when his phone stops ringing. He sighs again and closed his eyes, trying to calm his more nervous self.

 

Yifan gasp as his phone blasted for another set of rings.

 

It’s the second time, Yixing is calling again.

 

They haven’t spoken for almost 6 months and he’s scared of what will happen if he answers the call. He was thinking of the possibilities that could happened if he was to talk to him, or them.

 

For the second time, the call got disconnected and Yifan felt his heart churns.

Not long after the second call, Yifan’s phone rings again. Still the same. It’s still Yixing who’s calling him.

 

He took a deep breath and picks up his phone. Completely composing himself, he decided to answer the call.

 

When he was about to tap the green button, the video call got disconnected again.

 

He paused for a moment. Another deep breath and he tap down the video call icon. This time it wasn’t EXO who’s calling, this time it was him, Wu Yifan. Kris.

 

Yixing stares at his IPhone. After the 3rd time he was about to give up and apologize to s for getting their hopes up. Until the ringtone blasted on the speakers attached.

 

“WAH! HE’S CALLING!!” Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun screech all together causing the members wince with their loudness.

 

Chanyeol panicked and give the phone to Jongin-who was by the way far from him- who also panicked and place the phone on Kyungsoo’s lap who just like Jongin panicked and give the phone to Yixing who sets the IPhone back on the holder.

 

Tapping the green answer button everyone held their breath. No one dare to speak up, even in the other line.

 

 

Yifan can clearly see them with the use of his small phone screen. He almost wanted to cry because he missed them, so much.  He contemplates before speaking up “H-Hello?” he almost choke his own saliva and didn’t succeed on speaking up without a cracking voice. He silently clears his throat and takes a deep breath before speaking up again. “Hello?”

 

Everyone in the dorm look at each other as their faces painted with happiness and serene smile. Like B1 and B2’s telepathy in Bananas&Pajamas cheers and shouts blasted on Yifan’s phone.

 

“KRIS!”


“HYUNG!”

 

“GEGE!”

 

“DUIZHANG!”

 

Each and everyone burst into laughter.

 

“Ayo Waddup Kreaasee~” Chanyeol’s voice boomed into the speaker of his phone. He can’t help but to chuckle at his dongsaeng’s poorly attempted English.

 

“Guys” Yifan smiles at them.

 

“1, 2, 3 and” Baekhyun counted as they start to sing Happy Birthday in Chinese Version.

 

Yifan doesn’t even know if they’re still singing in Mandarin because as loud as Baekhyun and Jongdae’s shrill voices with Sehun’s lisp, Jongin’s unidentified Chinese words, Kyungsoo and Minseok laughing at the 92 liners mini performance and Chanyeol’s booming low voice, he couldn’t understand what they are saying. He can’t even hear the other’s voice since the noise is too much even just with the 7 members spurting blabbers. Yifan couldn’t help but to chuckle.

 

“kids” he muttered silently but the members heard it. “thank you guys.”

 

“Aye aye, our duizhang is blushing!!” Jongdae commented when the taller man sheepishly smiled and lower his face to hide his crimson tinted cheeks and well up tears in his eyes.

 

“Are you guys having fun without me?” Another voice made the boys turn to the blinking device Sehun is holding.

 

“LUHAN HYUNG!”

 

“LU-GE!”

 

“LUHAN!”

 

Luhan beam at the doe-eyed man on the other phone.

 

“Happy Birthday Duizhang! Sorry I can’t attend your birthday party later, you know why” Luhan said in a cheerful voice.

 

“I know Luhan. Thank you anyway.” Yifan nodded as he flashes a small smile to the older.

 

“Soooooo how are you guys?” Luhan asked his ex members and they ramble about how they misses the two older members.

 

They converse like how they used to be. Laugh like the lost months was long forgotten. And even tease each other how they did before.

 

“Guys,” Yifan speak up ”I’m so-“

 

“Uh-ah-ah-ah! No no no, don’t even mention that word, okay Hyung?” Baekhyun-and his sass- interrupted Yifan before he could say another syllable. “B-but” Yifan wanted to continue, but the look on his ex-members made him zip his mouth.

 

“We know you’re sorry. We were disappointed, but that was before. We understand now. We know how it is not easy for you to be manipulated but we didn’t even think what you must have felt. We just thought that you betrayed us and do everything you wanted to do without thinking. We are all sorry too, for the things we have said before. However, it does not matter anymore, so let’s just be happy and CELEBRATE YOOOOOOU BIRTHDAY!” Chanyeol happily explained in position to everyone in the room so that Kris may know how they felt before.

 

They chatted for a good 20 minutes and catch up like old times.

 

“Yifan! You’re up in 3!” the floor director called out gathering all the member’s attention.

 

“That’s our cue.” Joonmyun smiled at the screen. He felt like a big stone was taken away from his chest.

 

“Yeah.” Kris tries to hide his disappointment and looks down.

 

“So, we’ll call again another time?” Jongin suggested earning agreements from the members.

 

“Next time we’ll enter chat rooms so I can understand all of you. And please don’t forget about me!!” Luhan scowled at Sehun’s screen.

 

“All right  Xiao Lu” Tao mocks his Gege and laugh at him.

 

“Thank you guys.” Kris genuinely said. He was more than happy.

 

“No prob dui” Chen sang and winked at the former member. For him, Kris is still his Duizhang, the EXO-M’s only Duizhang. And He’ll never forget that even if the paths they took is different.

 

“It’s time for me to go” Kris tried to memorize EXO’s face like it’s the last time he’ll gonna see them. He’s hoping not, but he needed time to memorize them to give him strength for his future. For this path he’s taking.

 

 

“Good Luck Duizhang!”

 

“Thank you, you too guys.”

 

Feeling all emotional was understatement, Kris is euphoric. He cannot believe it. One moment he was just nervous because of his birthday event and now, he’s exhilarated because of his former members.

 

 

He’s beyond happy with his life, thanks to EXO who have given him forgiveness and new light.

 

As he enters this new stage in his life, he knows he is ready, he knows he is whole and he know he is happy.

 

 

 

A/N:

 

I hope you liked it. Criticisms are welcome :)