Chapter 2

You

‘ And we’re here for injections again. ‘ Myungsoo opened the door to Sungyeol’s ward cheerfully to be greeted with a sight. Sungyeol was nowhere in the room.
‘ Yah! Lee Sungyeol! Don’t play hide and seek with me or I will get mad at you, I swear! ‘ Myungsoo yelled as he looked around, flipping the blankets, looking under the bed, under the chair, in the attached toilet, and even into the toilet bowl.
‘ If you’re looking for Sungyeol hyung, he most probably went to the rooftop. ‘ The patient, who Myungsoo recognised as Sungjong helpfully said, but stopped when he saw Myungsoo’s panicked expression. ‘ Not..not to kill himself of course! It’s just his habit. ‘
Myungsoo heaved a sigh of relief as he dashed for the rooftop, with the bottle of pills in his hand.

Sungyeol sat on the bench silently, admiring the scenery of the outside world. He wanted to go back to the world he initially belonged to, but it was so hard. The doctors wouldn’t allow him to do so, and he was pissed. Why stop him from going to somewhere he belonged to? Wait, he didn’t belong there anymore. He belonged this place with men in white, coming around to force him to take injections and pills everyday. It was bad. Really.

The place that was filled with this sickly smell of … medicine was the place he stayed in for the longest time. How long would he still stay here? Every doctor he’d seen said that he could be cured, but everything was lies. He would never believe in any doctor again.

Everyone was suffering because of him. The nurses, Doctor Woohyun whom he actually liked a lot because he seemed nice, Director Kim, and his mother. Even the pabo understudy who was dragged down by Sungyeol. He chuckled just thinking of Myungsoo. It was just his luck to be seen by Sungyeol at that moment. But he seemed nice too. Like… an angel? He had a flawless face and a soothing voice, Sungyeol thought as he grinned to himself.

‘ There, you look so much better when you smile! ‘ Myungsoo popped out behind a chair and grinned. ‘ I’ve brought your pills for today. ‘ He shook the bottle of pills and smiled, taking out a cup of water he just got from the water dispenser.
‘ What makes you think I’ll eat them? ‘ Sungyeol didn’t turn to look at Myungsoo, he just continued to stare into space.
‘ Because, you want to get well, don’t you! ‘ Myungsoo put the pills on his hands, motioning for Sungyeol to eat them.
Sungyeol turned towards him with a smirk on his face.
‘ If you’re mistaken, I’ll clear your doubts now. I don’t want to live. I wish I was dead. ‘
Sungyeol left Myungsoo alone, on the rooftop thinking.

Last time, teacher always said that sleep is essential to having enough energy to face the challenges of the next day.
But to me, sleeping is something that is considered extra.
I don’t know when I’ll sleep. And maybe never wake up again.
I have the same dreams everyday. The never seem to change.
And when I wake up, I have to face the room with four white walls.
Maybe this type of days would end really quickly.

Kim Myungsoo seemed like a nice person, but the pity he was hiding showed and irked me a lot.
Why pity me? I don’t live on other people’s pity.
If you pity me, get lost. I don’t need you.