Where I Belong

Where I Belong

Ugh! Not enough, I thought as I fell in exhaustion. I’m really trying, but I’ll never get it. Glancing over to the 12 boys goofing around, I scoff at myself. These boys were able to control their powers and manage to goof around at the same time, and I’m just sad excuse of a trainee.

Lost in thought I didn’t notice that a guy appeared in front of me until a hand came in front of me. Following the arm up, my eyes settled on a concern smile and small eyes. Grabbing his hand I felt myself being hefted up until I was on my feet again. Trying not to seem weak, I gave a strong, “Thanks.”

“It’s alright, but can I ask, what you were doing with these dummies here?” he asks with a small smile.

“I-” A loud thud could be heard followed by laughter. Clearing my throat in annoyance, I tried again. “As I was saying, I was-”

Another crash was heard and more laughter but louder this time. Out of anger I turn towards the boys and yelled, “Hey, we-are-one boys, I’m trying to have a conversation here. Can you stop interrupting?!”

“Aw, is poor Seulgi-bear angry?” my twin brother Jongin mock. “Does she feel inadequate to her brother? Want me to call mommy?”

Blinded by anger, I raised both of my hands that were veiled in a transparent yellow light. I raised my left hand towards them then reeled my right hand back. With a grunt I pushed my right palm forward shooting out a bright flare of yellow light.

Although I lack control, I still manage to catch my brother and four of his annoying friends and throw them back. Before I could try again I felt a hand on my shoulder and a warmness creeping in me. I felt calm.

Looking back I saw that the stranger was giving me an intense stare. Looking back at the boys, he waved a hand and they all fell.

Staring at him in disbelief I watch him turn towards me with a simple smile. “You were saying?”

“How did you do that?!?” I ask still shock.

“Well I am an advanced student with the power of telepathy and psychic-beams. Now answer my question.”

Turning to the dummies askew, I chewed my bottom lip before turning back to him. “I was- uh- I was trying to control my powers.”

“Really?” he asks in genuine disbelief. “That earlier didn’t seem like trying. It actually look very amazing, if I say so myself.”

“Well, don’t flatter me. I have very little control over my abilities and when I do it’s only when I’m angry.” I just let my hands fall to my sides. “I don’t think I’ll ever have complete control. Ever.”

“I don’t believe that,” he said as he grabbed onto my hands. He brought one up to his lips and placed a light kiss on it. “I believe that when you truly embrace your powers, you can see the beauty I saw in it.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I stared into his eyes. “You don’t even know my name, and vice-versa.”

“That’s true.” He then flashed me a bright smile. “Hi, I’m Im Jaebum.”

“Kim Seulgi.”

 

 

--

 

 

(2 Years Later)

Running over to Irene and Wendy’s side, I waved my hands and a bright yellow sphere shielding us from a powerful beam. I strained myself as I felt the beam becoming stronger. I didn’t know how long I stood there, but I soon felt the pressure gone.

I turn to see what happen, and I saw Jaebum standing there with a white beam shooting from his head aim at my attacker. As he fell unconscious, I let down my shield and fell to my knees. Inhaling through my nose, I rose back up with Wendy and Irene, and we ran back into fight.

The number of enemies was dwindling but they still stood strong. Just as I took out another two mutants, I saw someone overpowering Mark and Mino. I was making my way over when I saw Wendy and Jaebum falling down and passing out.

Feeling scared I was reverted back 2 years ago when I felt inadequate and incapable. My instinct told me to run but I heard a voice inside my head. Jaebum.

Don’t be scared. I know you can do it. You have the power.

Looking at my hand as they glow a magnificent yellow, I turn back to battle. I circled my right arm over my head as a yellow/gold light began to wrap around the other mutants. I raised my left hand up and open both of my palms and pushed forward, blasting twenty mutants back what seem to be miles away. I then circled around and made a slashing motion pushing even more people with a bright gold light.

With one last struggle I raised both hands above me. I gathered all of my energy and spread my arms out, blasting a wave of shining light in all directions, knocking all of the enemies out.

I stood there for what seem like forever before I fell unconscious.

 

 

--

 

 

When I woke up I saw white and heard beeping. Looking around I found myself in the school’s infirmary. As I sat up I began to recall what had happen and jump out of bed. Using my powers unconsciously, I ran out of the infirmary and away from the screaming nurses.

I ran until I was in the outside cafeteria. I didn’t care that anybody was staring at my scrubs or that I’m in scrubs. I look until I saw who I was looking for.

I ran and ran until I fell into his muscular arms and let out a few tears. “I miss you.”

“I do to,” he told me. “I love you.”

Falling out of his arms, I stared at him in disbelief before telling him, “I love you, too.”

Without a care of the other students or my teammates or my brother watching, I jump back into his arms, and we kissed with so much passion being exchanged.

I finely found where I belong. And I’m thankful.

 


Hi, people I'm trying really, and I hope that you like it.