The Start

Who?

        "Did you not get enough sleep yesterday?" Jongkook went over to Jihyo, who was putting her head on the table.

        "I'm always tired. We reached home early but i'm still so tired," Jihyo groaned and stretched her body.

        "Oi! The both of you!" Jaesuk called them while hurrying over to the both of them as he enters the classroom.

       "Oh, you came," Jongkook greeted Jaesuk with a smile.

       "Did the both of you have fun yesterday? Sorry i couldn't come. I had some things to do," Jaesuk explained. Jihyo was about to say something but Jongkook quickly cut her off.

        "It's okay! We can go again the next time," Jongkook said and the three of them get back to their seats.


        "We'll go back and change before meeting again at the library," Jaesuk told Jihyo and Jongkook looked confused.

       "Library? For what?" Jongkook asked.

       "Well, Jihyo wants me to tutor her so she can get good grades," Jaesuk explained.

       "Well, you can come and help me if you want," Jaesuk invited Jongkook.

       "Yeah. Since you're the perfect student, Jaesuk might have some mistakes here and there," Jihyo agreed although she wanted to spend more time with Jaesuk.

       "I have to see if my father comes home early today," Jongkook explained and took out his phone to check his father's schedule.

      "I'm able to come for awhile. I'll go off in the middle of the study date," Jongkook said and the three of them wasted no time.

        The three of them went back home and got ready to go out again.


         "Where is Jongkook?" Jihyo asked.

        "I'm not sure. He'll be here soon," Jaesuk said and not long after, Jongkook appeared.

        "Oh? Am i late?" Jongkook asked.

        "Yes you are," Jihyo joked and the three of them entered the library.


         Once they got a table, both Jaesuk and Jongkook took out their study materials and started studying. Jihyo looked at them blankly. Jaesuk noticed this and apologized.

        "Ah, sorry. I forgot. You can start by doing some questions and ask us if you're not sure of something," Jaesuk told Jihyo and Jihyo nodded. She took out her math textbook and tried to do some questions. After a few questions, she gave up and asked for help.

        "How do i do this?" Jihyo asked and both Jaesuk and Jongkook stopped everything they were doing and looked at the question. 

        "I know how to do this but i can't explain it. Jaesuk, can you?" Jongkook asked.

       "Sure," Jaesuk said and taught Jihyo how to do it slowly. Jihyo still did not know how to do it after Jaesuk explained it slowly.

       "I'm so stupid. I don't think this is working," Jihyo gave up.

       "Jihyo ah, don't ever give up. Keep practicing and you're going to achieve what you want," Jongkook cheered her up.

       "That's right. I told you i can explain it slowly until you understand it," Jaesuk said. Jongkook then looked at his watch and packed his things.

        "Ah, sorry guys. I have to go now. Have fun and hang in there Song Jihyo!" Jongkook motivated Jihyo before he went back home and Jihyo smiled at him.

       "Take care," Jaesuk said to Jongkook and continued to teach Jihyo. After several explanations, Jihyo finally understood how to solve it.

       "There you go! Aigo... You're so intelligent," Jaesuk patted her head and Jihyo blushed. The both of them continued to study on their own again. After 15 minutes, Jihyo fell asleep on her math textbook. Jaesuk saw Jihyo sleeping and chuckled. He fixed her hair and removed the pen from her hand. He laid his head down and faced Jihyo. 

       "You're quite pretty eh Song Jihyo. Cheer up," Jaesuk quietly talked to the sleeping Jihyo. Jihyo moved abit and Jaesuk sat up. 

       What are you doing Jaesuk? Study!

        Jaesuk came back to his senses and continued studying. After an hour, he finished studying and looked at Jihyo. Jihyo is still sleeping. He decided to wait until Jihyo wakes up before going off. He tried to quietly pack his things but he woke Jihyo up.

        "Why didn't you wake me up?" Jihyo quickly sat up and rubbed her eyes before packing her things.

        "You looked really tired. I didn't want to disturb you," Jaesuk explained.

        "You should've woken me up," Jihyo complained.

       "Studying is difficult, right?" Jaesuk asked, looking at the exhausted face on Jihyo. 

       "Yeah. Too difficult and too tiring," Jihyo said. 

       "Hang in there. I know you can do it," Jaesuk cheered her up and did a "Hwaiting" pose. The both of them laughed.


         Jaesuk sent Jihyo home while talking and laughing. They reach Jihyo's house faster than they thought.

        "Thank you for today," Jihyo thanked Jaesuk.

        "It's nothing much," Jaesuk said.

       "Thank you for not giving up on me and explaining how to solve it until the end. Thank you for letting me rest although i'd appreciate it if you woke me up," Jihyo said and Jaesuk laughed.

        "You're welcome. I still don't think i would've wake you up," Jaesuk said. 

       "Goodbye! See you tomorrow at school. Rest well!! Don't study until your head hurts. Call me if your head hurt so i can hurt it more by giving you some more work," Jaesuk joked and waved goodbye. Jihyo laughed and waved back.

         Before Jihyo could enter her house, a familiar voice called for her.

       "Jihyo ah!" Jongkook called out her name from far and hurriedly walked to her.

       "Oh! Jongkook ah. What brings you here?" Jihyo asked. 

       "I cooked dinner. I just thought i should give you some so a girl can judge my food. Men just eat whatever there is, in my opinion so my dad doesn't say anything much," Jongkook explained.

       "What is your father doing now? And what is it?" Jihyo asked.

       "He came home just fine. He didn't drink today. He's in bed, lying down. He'll be fine. Since i'm not a good cook, it's just chicken porridge," Jongkook said and smiled brightly.

       "You troubled yourself. Well, you can come in if you want. There's no one at home. The others went out for dinner," Jihyo invited Jongkook in. 

        "They went for dinner, without you?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo suddenly got choked up.

        "Ah... Sorry Jihyo ah. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to," Jongkook apologized and hit himself.

       "It's okay. I'll tell you more if you come in," Jihyo said and Jongkook agreed.

       


         Jaesuk reached home and saw his father at the sofa watching television. 

        "Hello, Father," Jaesuk greeted his father and his father nodded his head. Jaesuk felt relieved that his father is in a good mood. He would have got beaten by now if his father was in a bad mood.

        Jaesuk went to his room and lie down on his bed. He remembered about what happened in the library and thought about Jihyo. 

        What was i thinking? Why did i do that? I must've been crazy.

        Jaesuk tried to forget about it but Jihyo's sleeping face kept playing in his head. He suddenly smiled.

       Well, who would've thought, with a personality like that, she has a cute face. 

 

       Jaesuk smiled and kicked his legs in the air. He has never felt like this before. It's the first time he finds a girl cute. 

       I feel like i should take care of her. I'm not sure if i'm serious about her but i do think i should help and take care of her. Let's do this Jaesuk ah. 

       Jaesuk cannot help smiling at himself thinking about Jihyo. 


       "It's a nice house," Jongkook said as he enters Jihyo's house.

      "It's nice but it would've been so much better if it's filled with supportive parents," Jihyo said. 

       "Sit here. I'll go and serve the porridge," Jihyo told Jongkook.

       Jihyo served the porridge and sat at the dining tablt with Jongkook.

       "We'll eat it together," Jihyo said.

      "It's okay. I brought it for you to eat. I've eaten at home," Jongkook rejected it.

       "Are you going to be like this?" Jihyo threatened him with a fist.

      "Okay Oka-" Jongkook got interrupted as Jihyo shoved a spoonful of porridge into his mouth.

      "There you go," Jihyo laughed at Jongkook. Jongkook laughed along as he tries to swallow the porridge.

       "Alright alright. That's it. I'll eat on my own now," Jongkook stopped Jihyo. He looked at Jihyo and cautiously asked Jihyo about her family.

       "Well, they don't believe in their daughter. They love my brother more than me," Jihyo told Jongkook her story.

       "I'm sure you can prove them wrong once you study with me and Jaesuk!" Jongkook tried to brighten the mood but Jihyo started to cry. A tear rolled down her cheeks. Jongkook grabbed a piece of tissue and slowly wiped off her tears. Jihyo looked at Jongkook.

       "Whatever it is, know that i'll always be here. I'll always be listening to your problems. Even if i can't help, i'll help by comforting you. I'll be your punching bag. I'll always be here with you," Jongkook told Jihyo, while looking straight into her eyes. Jihyo was lost for words.

       "I'm sorry if those words made you feel uncomfortable. I'll be going now," Jongkook apologized and stood up. As Jongkook went for the door, Jihyo chased Jongkook and hugged him.

       "Promise me you won't leave me. No matter what reason, stay with me. Even if we fight, we'll try to resolve it. I'll promise to be there for you too," Jihyo said, while back hugging Jongkook tightly.

      "Of course, Jihyo ah. I'll be that friend," Jongkook said and waited for Jihyo to loosen that hug before he went back home.

        After Jongkook went back home, Jihyo looked at the bowl of porridge Jongkook gave her.

        "Kim Jongkook. Kim Jongkook, that guy. Surely we were friends. Did that hug mean anything to him? Did he wipe my tears just because? Do i depend on him like a friend or a....lover?" Jihyo talked to herself. She was so confused.

        


        Jongkook walked back home thinking about Jihyo. He could not forget about the moment Jihyo hugged him.

        What did that hug mean? Does she want me to be with her as a great friend or a lover? Does she think i want to be just friends with her when i said "friend"? Why did i say that? What if Jihyo will not have feelings for me? Is this the right thing to do, when i look at her as a girl and not just a friend? 

       


 P.S it's the start! What will Jongkook and Jihyo do? Will Jihyo forget Jaesuk and Jaesuk starts to like her? Thank you for subscribing and reading!!! I appreciate it so much!!!