Fourteen

Speak Without Words

 

 

 

 

Kris lets out a sigh before he gets down from the car. He was about to enter the house when he realizes that his younger brother still hasn’t get down from the car. His expression then changed into sadness because he knows the reason why Sehun doesn’t want to get down from the car.

Kris then opened the passenger seat. Sehun jumps a little because of that. He was too deep with his thought that he didn’t realize that his brother had opened the door.

“Hun, you don’t have to be afraid. I’m here for you.” Kris said. He then grabbed Sehun’s hand and squeezes it gently.

Sehun nodded his head. He then gets down from the passenger seat. A soundless sigh then escaped from Sehun’s lips.  How he wished that he can stay inside this car forever or go to faraway place so that he doesn’t have to face his parents anymore, but he isn’t able to do so. At least, he still has Kris who’s always been there for him.

“Ahh… you’re back.” His mother greeted both of them after they had step inside the house.

Her tone was a bit cheerful like she was happy to see both of them. Sehun would have thought the same too, but he knows his mother quite well. His mother was only happy to see his favorite son, his brother.

“I had brought souvenir for you, Yifan-honey. It is still inside my luggage through.” His mother then grabs Yifan’s arm, “Come, and let us go to my room. Your father was also waiting for you. He wants to talk with you about something.”

Yifan sends an apologetic look to Sehun before he was dragged off by their mother. A small tear then fall down from Sehun’s eyes as he watched their retreating back.

Had she really forgotten that she had two sons? That I was standing here? Why couldn’t she treat me the same as Kris-ge?

 


Sehun’s frowning as he stared at himself at the mirror. Why does he have to be so weak and crying because of his parents? He should get used to it by now. Now, his eyes are swollen, how is he going to school tomorrow? He doesn’t want people talk behind his back nor did he want Jongin to fuss over him. Hmm…would it work if he uses his brother’s concealer to cover his swollen eyes? But, would he be caught for using makeup at school?

His thoughts was interrupted by his hand phone ringtone. He then took his hand phone from his bed. He smiled when he saw it is a message from Luhan. However, his smile died down the moment he read Luhan’s message.

To My Sehunnie

What are you doing, princess?

I just come back from dinner with my client.

To Luhan <3

I’m not a princess!

So stop calling me that!

To My Sehunnie

You’re my princess though. *wink*

Blush then crept up onto Sehun’s cheek after he read that. ‘Stupid, Luhan.’ he thought as he typed furiously on his phone.

To Luhan <3

I don’t have time to entertain you

Go disturb someone else!

To My Sehunnie

Aww… had I pissed off my princess?

To Luhan <3

Go away!

To My Sehunnie

I don’t want to.

I still want to talk with you.

I missed you, you know.

 

Sehun’s face turned into beet red. No matter how hard he wants to denied it, he kinda missed Luhan too.

 

To My Sehunnie

So how was is your day?

To Luhan <3

Just an ordinary day.

Sehun then hits the send button. He doesn’t know why, but he feels a little guilty for lying to Luhan.

To My Sehunnie

Ohh…really? Why do I feels like you’re hiding something from me?

Sehun almost dropped his phone when he read that message. ‘How does he know?’

He then bites his lips. Should he tell Luhan about his parents or continue with his lies to Luhan? After thinking about it for a minute, he decided to continue lying to Luhan when he remembered the incident where Luhan almost killed his bullies. Who knows what Luhan will do once he knows about this? Although he despised his parents, he still doesn’t mean he wants to them to die.

To: Luhan <3

You’re thinking too much

I was telling the truth.

To My Sehunnie

We’ll continue our talk tomorrow, okay?

My client suddenly asked me out for a drink.

To: Luhan <3

Okay. Good night.

Sehun’s lips then forms into a small pout. He was slightly disappointed that they had to stop messaging with each other because just talking with Luhan made him forget about his mother’s cold treatment towards him hours ago.

He jumps a little by the knocking sound coming from his door.

“Sehunnie, dinner is ready.” It was Yifan, “Come and eat, okay? You don’t have to worry about our parents. They are a bit tired because of the jet lag so they will not be joining us for dinner.”

Sehun lets out sigh of relief. He was hungry since the last time he ate was during lunch time, but he wasn’t ready to face his parents yet. Hearing that his parents wouldn’t be able to join dinner, it made him a bit happy.

He then gets up from his bed and headed towards the door. His brother was standing in front of his door with his arms raised up. His brother’s lips then curled into smile making him smile too.

However, Sehun’s smile didn’t last long. He furrowed his eyebrows when Kris suddenly stops smiling. He yelps a little when his brother gently caresses his cheek.

“Had you been crying, Hun-ah?”

Sehun’s eyes widened slightly when he finally realize the reason why his brother had stop smiling. He had forgotten about his swollen eyes. He then nodded his head with a slight guilty expression on his face. He didn’t meant to make his brother worry about him.

“I’m sorry, Hun-ah.”

‘It is not your fault, Ge. You don’t have to apologize.’

“You’re right. It is their fault. They will never changed.” Kris then caresses his brother’s hair, “Just be patient until your eighteenth birthday. You will not have to suffer after that.”

Sehun stared at his brother, asking him to explain what he means by that, but his brother just smile at him and told him that he’d wait at the dining room before leaving him behind.

He sighed. It is hopeless for him to make Kris talk because his brother can be quite secretive when he wants to hide something from him. He can only wait and prays that his brother isn’t planning something dangerous.

 


 

Xiumin raised his eyebrows amusingly when he saw the smirk on Luhan’s lips who was busy tapping furiously at his phone. If he guess it right, Luhan must be messaging Sehun right now.

“Hey, Lu, are you ready to go now? We can’t let our client wait too long.”

“Just a second. I need to do something first.”

The smirk on Luhan grew bigger after he had changed Sehun id from ‘my sehunnie’ to ‘my princess sehunnie’ in his phone. He can already imagine Sehun’s face if he’ll know about this. That’ll be amusing to watch.

He gets up from the chair and put his handphone inside his pocket. He then approached his best friend who had just finished putting on his shoes.

“Was it Wu Sehun?”

Luhan nodded. He grabbed his leather coat from the coat hanger.

“Han, have you fell in love with Sehun?”

“You just wouldn’t let it down, do you?”

Xiumin shrugged.

“And to answer your question, it is a no. Sehun is very interesting teenager, that’s it.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“What are you actually trying to say, Xiu? I’m bit confused right now.” Luhan said as he scrunched his brows out of confusion.

Xiumin then leans against the wall, “Well, for a starter, you never take this long to bed someone before. The longest time you’ll take is a week, but it’s almost a month, yet you didn’t made any move to Wu Sehun. Secondly, you were smiling like a mad man when you were busy messaging with him few minutes ago and third, need I to remind you that you’re willing to cancel your appointment just so you can accompany him which had never happened before.”

“Why do you care so much? You never asked or bothered with whom I slept with before.”

“Because all the people that you slept before was either or , but Sehun is even barely adult. Not only that, he is mute too.”

“Wha-”

Luhan’s words were cut mid-sentence by Xiumin’s ringing tone. Xiumin quickly took out his handphone and he smiles when he saw the caller id.

“It is Chen. I’m going to take this call outside.” Xiumin said as he pressed his handphone on his ear, “Think about what I said just now. If you aren’t planning to pursue a relationship with Wu Sehun, you better stop whatever you are doing right now. Don’t break that poor mute boy’s heart.”

Xiumin then walked out from the room, leaving Luhan standing there dumbfounded.

 


 

D.O stared at Baekhyun who was tapping his finger on the steering wheels while humming along with the songs coming from the radio. He’s not planning to ride along with Baekhyun today, but his car had broke down this morning and he’s not in the mood to take the public transportation. Thus, much to his dismay, he had to ask Baekhyun to send him to S.M high since Chen was still in his sulking state and Chen will only stop after Luhan and Xiumin comes back from Japan.

At first, he thought that Baekhyun would reject him since he’s not a morning person and Baekhyun would usually ask something in return before he can offer his help. Thus, he was in shock when Baekhyun immediately said yes without asking any further questions.

“We have arrived.”

Baekhyun’s voice had snapped D.O out from his thought.

“Thank you for sending me, hyung.”

“You are welcome.”

Never once did Baekhyun spare a glance at D.O. Baekhyun’s eyes keeps on roaming around school compound. It seemed that Baekhyun was looking for someone. He just don’t know who it is. Still, no matter how curious he was, he needs to go inside now before the bell rings. It’ll be hard to explain to the discipline teacher if he was caught for being late.

“I’ll be going now, hyung.”

“Ok…”

Baekhyun stopped his words halfway when the object of his affection finally appears. The tall man was walking towards the guard house while holding a plastic bag. God, he missed him so much since it had been two weeks since he last saw him.

Baekhyun’s lips then curled into smile after he saw the object of his affection hand the plastic bag to the guard.

He is still as kind as before.

However, Baekhyun’s smile died down when a female student approached the object of his affection.

“Good morning, President Park.” The female student said.

“Good morning, Sooying and please don’t call me that. It makes me feel old.” Chanyeol replies, rubbing his neck. Although he’s been the student council president for almost a year, he still can’t get use to it when most of the students call him president.

Baekhyun feels proud to know that his Yeollie had become the student council president. His Yeollie is genius and hard working student. He deserves it.

“Whatever you say, prez.” The female student stuck out her tongue, “I’m going to my class. Bye!” The female student then run toward the north building.

Chanyeol shook his head. He didn’t realize that Baekhyun was clenching his fist after watching the scene.

Who does that girl think she is? She thinks by acting cute can get my Yeollie’s attention?

“Okay, okay, you’re obviously burning in jealousy, green-eyed monsters of envy consuming you, et cetera, et cetera, but please do try and control your temper, Baek-hyung.” If D.O didn’t interfere, he might have run the girl with his car, “We don’t want to cause a commotion simply because you’re jealous that someone was getting close to your crush.”

“I can’t help it. His handsome face is attracting too many suitors.”

“Ahh… so he is the one? What is his name?”

D.O’s only teasing, might be fishing some little information, however he gets his second shock that morning when he saw adoration and love inside Baekhyun’s eyes.

“His name is Park Chanyeol, the love of my life.”


Author's note: Merry Christmas to all my Catholic readers.