Chapter One

Chained Up {Sequel to Trapped in the Maze}

The hospital was calm. It was more peaceful than any of them thought acceptable given the current circumstances. Their leader shouldn't have been laying comatose in that stark white hospital bed. No, they should've been on stage, performing their new song together and relishing in the fan's roaring chants. Their leader should have been smiling proudly at them after another amazing stage. None of that would happen now. 

"I saw the signs," Wonsik let out a stressed sigh, his weary head hung low as his eyes were unable to meet the pale figure laying in the hospital bed. "I saw the signs, but I did nothing." He let out a groan, standing up fast enough that it pushed back the chair he was sitting in. The others in the room flinched at the shrill scraping sound but they didn't look up. They didn't look at Wonsik and the surely wouldn't look at Hakyeon. Wonsik stormed out of the room, the guilt in his heart suffocating him. He needed air, to clear his thoughts, anything...

Hyuk's eyes followed Wonsik's retreating back as it left the room. He watched the older man turn the corner through the windows to the hallway and continued watching that direction long after the rapper was out of sight. Maybe he was hoping that the rapper would come back? After all, the silence that had blanketed the room was stifling.

"There was nothing we could've done." Taekwoon said quietly, the silence amplifying his normally quiet voice. Although, the singer sounded sure of his words. Hyuk believed him, too. They had taken him to doctors, psychaitrists, had tried to help him any way they could. Nothing was enough. Hyuk knew better though. He knew that the maze had taken him. The doctors couldn't help because this was supernatural. 

"Hyuk..." Jaehwan called from the couch across the room. He sat with his elbows resting on his knees, and his chin rested on folded hands. "What did you mean when you said they took him back?" There. Jaehwan had asked the question they were all wondering. Hyuk was honestly surprised they didn't ask sooner. The maknae let out a deep sigh, trying to sort through the many thoughts in his head. 

Would the others believe him? Would they think that he was crazy? He hoped not, but he had no other option than to explain the situation with the hopes that the others would remember.

"You don't remember, but we were all trapped once." Hyuk tries, fear flashing in his eyes as he catches the attention of the others. Suddenly, the leaders cold grasp was the most interesting thing in the room. He focus on the way Hakyeon's fingers were limplu grasped in his own, cool to the touch. "We lost Hakyeon once before, and we all had to find him in this horror maze." Hyuk finishes simply. He doesn't look away from Hakyeon because he can't face the others. He doesn't want them to laugh or think he is crazy. There isn't a sound in the room, not even the sound of someone shifting in their seat, just silence. The silence stretches way longer than the maknae thought it would. He briefly glances to the others, watching as they were lost in their own thoughts. Did they remember something, or were they simply trying to keep their panicked maknae calm?

Hyuk wishes that their leader would wake up so that he could say he was joking, but the older man doesn't even flinch. His cold hand remains limp in Hyuk's grasp without a finger so much as twitching. "We all lost something in the maze, one of our senses. We had to find Hakyeon and fight our way out." Hyuk explained, but he was suddly cut off in his story. 

"We all died, before we got out." Jaehwan gasps, startled by the sudden memory. Hyuk looks at him, eyes widened with the shock that someone actually remembered.

"We tried to run, but...." Taekwoon drifts off, thinking back to the maze.

"I remember helping someone for a long time, feeling nothing until I collapsed." Hongbin chimes in.

"We found Hakyeon once before, we just have to figure out how to do it this time?" Wonsik says from the doorway. He leans again the door frame, red eyes act as clear evidence as to his whereabouts. Hyuk feels the burden lift off of his shoulders as the others remember. Alone, Hyuk felt useless. He couldn't beat the supernatural on his own. However, with the others they could get Hakyeon back, he was sure of it.

A beautiful woman stepped through a room of broken glass, her heels cracking the busted mirrors further with delicate crunches. She hovered ominously over the sleeping man, haphazardly strewn about the shards of mirror. She brushes he long black hair behind her shoulder as she peers down at her captive. He has no idea what he's going to face, blissfully sleeping, unaware of the terror standing over him.She kneels, gazing through long lashes at the man's long bare neck. She doesn't blink, holding out a slender delicate hand until dark shadows encircled her palm. The feathery darkness continued circling her hand until in settled in her palm forming something solid. She gathered the darkness together, brandishing a collar, black with a gold chain, and let the inky dark collar fall from her hand. It fell as water would, fluid and free, but regained solidity around the sleeping man's neck. 

Satisfied with her work, the woman stands, heels clicking solidly on an unbroken piece of mirror. She looks down, but the reflection looking back is far from beautiful. She doesn't flinch at the terrifying image and refixes her gaze in front of her. She strides out of the room silently, like a ghost, and never looks back at the still slumbering man. All that's left of her are wispy shadows dancing around the broken shards of glass.


Dedicated to the person who sent me a message nicely asking me to update this fic. I receives a message before, but that person wasn't so pleasant so I never got around to updating, (cuz asking and demanding are two different things). I honestly fell out of the VIXX fandom for a while, but I'm back and ready to finish what I started. I'm so sorry for all of you who have waited literal years for this story. I hope you can forgive me.

<3 Kitamea