Chapter Nine (Final)

The Dragon Gang

 

Jongup stopped the car a few blocks away from the port’s entrance, in a shadowed and hidden space. He turned off the engine, hurrying to get Zelo’s suitcase out of the backseat and go around the car to hand it to the boy.

“Before I picked you up, I checked with a few of your father’s men.”

Jongup started, looking at the tall boy, who just stood still beside the car, with a blank expression on his face. Jongup wanted to talk earlier, while they rode there, but as soon as Zelo entered the car, he put his headphones on, and blasted some loud music, completely ignoring the man’s presence.

“They already have Bang Yongguk, and they’re torturing him. It won’t be long before they realize it’s all fake.”

Jongup talked, and he knew the boy was listening, even though he didn’t respond, and his face didn’t change. It was a difficult moment, and Jongup knew it.

“You have to go now, Young Master.”

The man said, but Zelo still didn’t move. The boy was deep in thoughts.

He had to kill Jongup. He said it himself, no liabilities, he can’t have anyone knowing what he did or where he’s going. He trusted Jongup, knew the man wouldn’t say anything, no matter how much they torture him. But still…

It was hard, too hard for him. He grew up next to Jongup. The man was always beside him, guiding him, helping him, serving him. And he was loyal to the end, even with all that was happening.

Jongup knew it. He knew very well that Zelo intended to kill him before he left, and he rationally agreed that it was the smart thing to do. He wasn’t scared. He wouldn’t try to avoid it, or beg for mercy, he’d accept it. His entire life so far had been about Zelo, he knew nothing else. And if the boy was going away, there was no reason for him to exist anymore.

Zelo pulled out his gun, pointing straight at Jongup’s forehead, and the man didn’t even flinch. He was ready for it, and Zelo could see that. Jongup just looked into his eyes, calm and collected. There was no anger, no fear in his eyes. He agreed with the decision. But that just made it harder for Zelo. So far the boy had been confident everyone was disposable in order to achieve his own freedom, and he hadn’t realized how much he grew attached to Jongup, how important the man was to him.

He couldn’t pull the trigger.

“Damn it, this.”

Zelo spit words out through almost closed teeth, as he lowered his gun. Now Jongup looked surprised, he never expected the boy to want to spare his life.

Zelo started going through the backpack he was carrying, messing with the bundles of money he had in there. He took out a good generous sum, which was still not a third of what he was carrying, but more than enough for someone to make a good distance from Korea.

“Take this. Go far away, as far as you possibly can.”

He handed Jongup the money, only realizing his hands were shaking once they touched the man’s steady ones. He didn’t want Jongup to die. But if he just left him there, his father would definitely kill him after finding out he helped on the scape plan. So if he really wanted the other to stay alive, he needed to make sure he went away.

“Young Master…”

Jongup hesitated, looking at the money as if it was the most beautiful thing he’d seen. He couldn’t believe it. He was so sure he was going to die; he was so ready for it.

“Take it. Don’t hesitate; just go away, as far as this money can take you.”

Zelo said, reassuring him, sounding very serious and grown up. But still, his eyes filled with tears, and that just made Jongup feel emotional too.

“Thank you Master.”

Jongup couldn’t help but cry. Zelo was all grown up, he wasn’t the little kid he knew anymore. He wasn’t his Young Master anymore, he was responsible. He felt proud, and grateful. It was a great feeling to see that he was special to his Master.

With no goodbyes needed, Zelo walked away with a faint smile on his face. He wiped his tears away and headed for the port, knowing that after he got on that boat, and a few planes after, he’d be free for good. His father couldn’t control him anymore, and no one would be able to find him. He was going to do whatever he wanted with his life.

 

 

The water made beautiful splashing sounds, and added with the deep blue sea in his line of sight, Zelo felt completely relaxed. There were very few moments in his past were he felt like that, and he loved it; especially knowing that the future would be like that most of the time. It was paradise.

Laying in one of those chairs by the side of the huge cruise boat, he enjoyed his now found freedom. He was a few hours out of Korea, and all his troubles were left behind.

He focused on the sounds of the ocean, but something got in the way. He clearly heard the noise of a woman’s high heel clicking on the wooden deck, moving towards him. He opened his eyes, and saw Hyosung close to him, only stopping a few feet away. She had a thin red dress over her white bathing suit, and high and powerful red heels. Her figure was impeccable; she was definitely a lot more attractive that way than when he last saw her.

Zelo only met her once, but the woman’s face was not one that was easy to forget. Surprised to see her, he sat up quickly. She was staring at him, and he started to feel nervous.

“Hi?”

She greeted, her voice masked to sound cute and sweet, but her smile showed a darker side to her feelings. It made Zelo uneasy, his heart racing faster and his palms starting to sweat. Why was she there? How did she find him? Or could it be that it was just a coincidence, and she knew nothing about him? He just couldn’t tell at first glance, but her face made him want to assume the worse, and her words quickly confirmed it.

“You see, it took me a while to remember who you are, Zelo, but even so, I was letting you go because I thought you were harmless.”

She started, looking down at the boy like he was a small vermin. He didn’t like that, but she clearly didn’t seem to care. He felt scared; he was used to always being in control of the situation, and know exactly what was going on, so he felt uncomfortable to see her there.

“Who are you? How did you find me?”

He asked, trying to sound rough, but his voice trembled, as his insecurity gushed through. He placed one had over his gun, not wanting to pull it out just yet, but being ready in case she became a real threat.

“Now, ignoring you was my mistake, because ends up that the man I love is dead now. But no more, I’ll pay more attention from now on. No one’s going to pull my leg like that again.”

She goes on talking as she wanted, ignoring his questions completely. Zelo started to get confused, because if she knew who he was, it meant she was in the gang business, and anyone in that area knew that he was dangerous, so there was no way they’d be so bold like that. Everyone knew how well trained he was.

But he also felt the fear increasing, since there was a possibility she did know what he could do, and how good he was, but her skills surpassed his anyway, and that’s why she wasn’t at all shaken by his presence, even after seeing him reach for his gun. He really wished that wasn’t the case though.

“Unfortunately for you, I’m a very vindictive person.”

She pulls out he own gun from the slip of her dress, as it seemed to have been placed on her small back the entire time. But Zelo was ready for that, and pointed his own at her head.

“Who are you?!”

He asked one more time, very aggressively. She smiled, an extremely wicked expression resting on her beautiful face. She didn’t seem affected at all by the fact he had his aim on her.

“Say hello to the real heir of the dragon gang, kid. Because that’s the last thing you’ll be able to do.”

She answers, pointing her gun and shooting without hesitation, not giving him any time to react.

The shot’s fired, and Zelo’s dead, a bleeding hole smack down in the middle of his forehead showcasing her beautiful aim. The rest of the innocent people on the cruise would have panicked over such a noise, if it weren’t by Hyosung’s men keeping them far away enough.

“It’s time to wipe out this stupid little worm gang and take back the crown.”

She talked to herself, putting her gun back in place, and sitting down on the chair next to Zelo’s lifeless body. She looked over and reached for his drink, taking a sip of it.

“I bet daddy will be so happy. His precious little daughter finally accepted to enter the gang business.”

She laid back, pulling out some sunglasses to cover her eyes, and starting to relax. She had a long way ahead to the boat’s destination, and a longer way back to Korea. And all she had to do now was relax and have some fun; along with planning the downfall and complete destruction of the snake gang.

 

THE END.

 

Author's note:

And that's it guys XD

Thank you for all the comments, it was really fun to see the reactions as each chapter came out!

Now to some business! This story was mainly the story of Zelo, and his attempt at escaping (failed... ouch). I didn't really plan to do more than that, but recently I've been planning a sequel to this. It would focus on a more broader story line, like the imminent war between the two gangs, and what happened to Himchan, Jongup and etc. But this is something I'll probably only work on during late 2016 (sorry...), so when I finally start it, I'll add a link to the sequel in this story ^^ If you're interested in reading the sequel, just stay subscribed and sometime during 2016 you'll receive the update!

Once again, thanks to everyone who supported and read this story! Goodbye!