Beep beep madafaka, got mails to deliver!

Mailman

Its just a normal day for the mailman Kang Seungyoon. Riding the company's bike, he rode all over the place to deliver mails.

 

Lately, he had been sending some mails to this one house everyday. It was like going to his house was a daily thing for him already. He had never met the owner of the mails but he knew one thing, the owner's name was Kim Jinwoo. (He remembered it by heart since he had to read his full name and address on letters' envelopes.)

 

So, like usual, he would stopp his bike in front of house to insert the letter in the mailbox. But his routine was stopped when he saw a man in front of the house. This man was so beautiful, Seungyoon had to put his hand over his chest to check his fast pacing heartbeat.

 

The man looked older or the same age as him, Seungyoon wasn't sure. He was wearing a bathrobe over his body and Seungyoon can see his polka dots printed pyjamas pants. The thought of the man just rolled out of his bed disturbed Seungyoon. The man had one hand playing with his messy bed hair, another hand opening and closing his mailbox. (Seungyoon gulped at that soft looking hair. He could run his hand over it anytime.)

 

Just when he was about to drool, the man turned and the light shone over his beautiful face. His big round eyes sparkled as he saw Seungyoon.

 

Seungyoon's heart skipped a bit when the man gave him that face. After a moment of hesitation, he came closer to the man with a letter in his hand.

 

"Mr Kim Jinwoo?" Seungyoon asked hesitantly, handing him the brown envelope.

 

Jinwoo smiled politely as he took the envelope. "Yes. Thank you, mailman-sshi. I've been waiting for this one for awhile now."

 

"Seungyoon," Seungyoon blurted out. "I mean, my name is Kang Seungyoon. And its all my pleasure, Kim Jinwoo-sshi," he mentally scolded himself. He admitted his weak point was pretty men like Jinwoo.

 

Jinwoo's eyes widen a bit at his words. "Just call me Jinwoo, please. Thank you for your hard work, Seungyoon." His eyes turned into two crescent moons as his smile widens.

 

Seungyoon was in awe at the cute smile. He cleared his throat when he noticed he was staring. "Its nothing really…" he looked down at his fiddling fingers. He was really nervous.

 

"Oh no, I've noticed you've been sending my mails over the pass few weeks," Jinwoo looked down and started to fumble with the envelope.

 

He noticed, Seungyoon thought and he felt something funny fluttering in his stomach. What do they call it? Butterflies? but Seungyoon was certain this is not just butterflies he felt but instead a whole flock of bird flipping his guts upside down.

 

Jinwoo managed to open it expertly without tearing it apart — as expected of someone that gets too much mails. His smile dropped. "Oh, this is not the one I've been waiting for," he mumbled under his breath.

 

 "Maybe it haven't arrived yet…"

 

Jinwoo looked up and smiled a bit. "Yeah, you're right." He sounded disappointed. Maybe it was from someone special.

 

A girlfriend? Seungyoon felt something weird in his chest. It felt painful. Maybe he had overworked? Or maybe it was just his lunch churning ?

 

"I hope it arrives soon," Jinwoo said after a long silence. "Are you still working?"

 

Seungyoon jolted back to his senses at the questions. "Yeah…I still have some more mails to send." 

 

Jinwoo pouted and Seungyoon felt the pain vanished. "Aw, too bad," Jinwoo said.

 

"Yeah," Seungyoon scratched the back of his neck. "I think i gotta go. See you tomorrow?" 

 

Jinwoo smiled softly. "See you again, Seungyoon."

 

 

Seungyoon bowed. He went back to his bike. He saw Jinwoo waving at him and he waved back shyly. Quickly, he turned his bike and rode away. Out of the blue, he almost jolted off his bike when a dog barked at his way from inside someone's lawn. But he managed to get a grip on his handles and the balance his body just before the bike managed to hit a trashcan. Then, he drove away from that mortifying moment because he swore he heard someone laughing ㅡ probably Jinwoo ㅡ as he speed away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Seungyoon need to send two letters to Jinwoo. Jinwoo was waiting outside again, looking perfect as he zoned out to wherever his mind was. He looked serious as he thinks and Seungyoon found it cute. This time, instead of looking like Jinwoo just rolled out of bed, Jinwoo looked fresh with casual clothes — a T-shirt and a pair of jeans — and combed hair. Seungyoon wondered if Jinwoo was shy to appear dishelved again.

 

"Seungyoon," Jinwoo beamed and waved.

 

Seungyoon felt his cheek reddens but he ignored it. It stopped his bike right in front of Jinwoo. "Delivery for Kim Jinwoo. Cash upon recieved" he joked and gave Jinwoo the letters.

 

"I dont have cash, but is a kiss accepted?" Jinwoo asked nochalantly.

 

"N-no im just kidding. Its ok" seungyoon stammered and his cheeks turned the red shed of ripe tomato. 

 

"Me too, dont take it seriously." Jinwoo chuckled. It sounded like music to Seungyoon's ears. "Thanks, Seungyoon."

 

"You're welcome," Seungyoon smiled and was about to continue his work when Jinwoo's comment stopped him.

 

"You have a very beautiful smile."

 

Seungyoon paused to look at Jinwoo. Blinking in a daze, he tried to process his words. 

 

Jinwoo laughed at this point. "Your face is priceless," he laughed and tried to cover his mouth.

 

"Y-yah," Seungyoon felt flustered. "Stop laughing at me. You think this is joke?"

 

Jinwoo shook his head while laughing. When he calmed down, he said, "No, no, I'm very serious!" He chuckled. "But your reaction is epic. People don't praise you that well?"

 

"Not really…" To be honest,Seungyoon was always praised for his good looks. He never really bothered by them since he never believed them. He just thought he looked pretty average. But when Jinwoo said it, it was different. 

 

"Hey, you okay? I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh at you like that…" Jinwoo looked sincerely guilty right now, and Seungyoon hated that look.

 

"No, Jinwoo. Its fine. Thank you for the compliments," Seungyoon smiled widely for him, hopefully his smile was really beautiful.

 

Jinwoo smiled back. "So, see you tomorrow?"

 

Seungyoon nodded. "See you tomorrow." He felt giddy to come back to that one house with a handsome man as its owner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since then, it felt like a routine for both of them. Seungyoon would be sending mails while Jinwoo would wait. Seungyoon noticed that lately, Jinwoo liked to wear a grey hoodie and it always covered his soft looking hair.

 

Seungyoon decided to ask about it. "Hyung," they figured out Jinwoo was older than him, "you seem to like this hoodie a lot. "

 

"Hm? Yeah…someone gave it to me a long time ago," he said while pulling the string of the hoodie lightly. "It makes me feel warm so that's why I like to wear it." He had a weird expression on his face and Seungyoon doesn't like it.

 

"Who? A girlfriend?" Seungyoon teased then wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Ey, this kid," Jinwoo pushed Seungyoon's shoulder while laughing shortly. "No…I don't have a girlfriend."

 

Seungyoon looked interested at this detail. "Then," he paused and leaned a little closer to whisper, "a boyfriend?"

 

Suddenly, Jinwoo's face reddens.

 

Seungyoon was surprised. "Hyung, your face is like a tomato now."

 

"What? Really?" He fanned his face with his hand. "Maybe its getting hot." He cupped his face with one hand and sighed.

 

Seungyoon doesn't know why but he felt his heart constricted in pain. He smiled anyway, "Hyung, your boyfriend is so lucky."

 

"What? No, Seungyoon-"

 

"I got some more mails to send. See you, hyung." Seungyoon looked away and started to stabilize his bike so he can quickly get away from there.

 

"See you, Seungyoon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After that, Seungyoon fell sick. So he can't send the mails for a few days. And for these few days, he would be thinking if he was sick physically, or it was just his heart.

 

Putting his hand on his chest, he sighed when he feel the pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he gets better, he had to get back to work. He was reluctant to meet Jinwoo again so he decided to send the older's letter the last.

 

He reached the house when it was almost evening. As expected, Jinwoo wasn't waiting so he could quickly put the letter in the mailbox.

 

However, right after he put the letter in the mailbox, he heard his name being called. 

 

"Seungyoon!"

 

He stopped his bike and looked back. There he was, Jinwoo. Panting while his hand was still on his doorknob. Seungyoon didn't expect to see Jinwoo looking like hell.

 

"Seungyoon…" Jinwoo was hesitant to go to him but he did. He ran to Seungyoon and paused. "C-can I hug you?"

 

Seungyoon frowned in confusion. He stabilized himself on the bike then nodded.

 

Jinwoo quickly wrapped his hand around Seungyoon. "I missed you."

 

Surprised, indeed he was. Hesitating to hug him back, he smiled while his cheeks gettin redder and redder. "Sorry, I was sick."

 

"Haish, you should take care of yourself," Jinwoo tighten his hug and burried his face on Seungyoon's shoulder.

 

"Okay, okay, i will," Seungyoon felt like the world is more beautiful than usual. The sun shine brighter than before. Even the birds chirps were louder and melodic to his ears.ㅡ wait what?

 

"And don't just disappear again."

 

Seungyoon nodded. "Okay…"

 

Jinwoo pulled back and a wide smile was on his face. "When you're done with your job, would you like to have lunch with me."

 

Seungyoon blinked. "Y-yes! Yes, I'd love too." 

 

 

"Great," Jinwoo grinned.