(Short) BONUS: Too Good To Be True

Om Nom, Nom?

Maybe consider this the prelude to the events of the last chapter? (It's actually just the original draft, so some lines might be familiar, but whatever, it's still cute!)

 

The minute Chanyeol got home from work he was under attack on all sides. There was a cool press of lips to his cheek, a one-armed hug around his waist, and a clinging tug at his pant leg that had him looking down in height order from Sehun, to Minseok, and finally to their household's newest addition: Kyungsoo.

 

"Hi, Yeollie," Sehun breathed happily as Chanyeol leaned forward for a return kiss of his own.

 

"We missed you today," Minseok added with a final squeeze to Chanyeol's middle and a gentle brush of his palm against the lines of Chanyeol's chin.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, not wanting to be left out, and gave Chanyeol's pants another tug before he released his grip to raise his hands.

 

"Missed," he repeated in agreement. "Up."

 

Chanyeol spent the least amount of time with Kyungsoo out of their family's three adults, so he was pleased that Kyungsoo treated him no differently than he did Sehun or Minseok and picked up the child willingly.

 

"Mm," Kyungsoo hummed contentedly with his little face pressed into Chanyeol's neck, "Appa."

 

Chanyeol just about died from the amount of adorable feels Kyungsoo was giving him in that moment; Sehun and Minseok looked unbearably pleased too. (Though their pride was partly tempered by the fact that they had spent all day trying to get Kyungsoo to say anything at all because they knew for a fact that he did speak. Not only had he refused in all his toddler stubborness, but now that he finally, finally said one of his names for them, of course it wasn't Sehun or Minseok's, but Chanyeol's.)

 

"We did a good thing," Minseok mused as he took a nuzzling Kyungsoo from Chanyeol so the taller man could remove his jacket and his shoes. "We're good for him."

 

"He's good for us," Sehun observed, his gaze lingering across his lovers' faces and observing their warm, glowy smiles with one of his own. He pecked the top of Kyungsoo's head and kissed Minseok's too--for good measure. "Come on, loves," he said as he grabbed both his lovers by the arms and dragged them all back to where they'd been watching TV in the family room before Chanyeol came home.

 

Chanyeol collapsed his exhausted body onto the couch and beckoned with a wide grin at Kyungsoo, who wiggled around in Minseok's arms until the elder sighed and tossed the toddler into Chanyeol's embrace. Kyungsoo's high pitched laughter echoed throughout the apartment as Minseok tucked himself into Chanyeol's side and Sehun laid down with his head in Minseok's lap.