Haneul!

Our Sunny Days!

Kibum looks between his son and his daughter, a small smile dancing along his lips as he watched them play with their friends. “Are you flashing back to when you were young?” Jonghyun asks nudging Kibum in his side. Kibum cracks a grin taking the steaming cup of coffee out of Jonghyuns hands. “Thanks.” He raises the glass to his nose and lets the bitter-addictive scent of coffee tingle his nostrils. “I was just thinking that they looked cute.” Jonghyun nods slipping his hand around Kibums waist and pulling him closer. He rests his nose in Kibums shoulder and inhales his scent. Kibum rests his head atop Jonghyuns and continues to watch he kids as they enjoyed their sleepover. “Iseul, Iseul! Paint my nails!” A girl with long hair giggles out, bouncing up and down on the couch. Iseul nods with a pleased smile. “Wait a second, there’s someone before you.”

“Aaaaw.” The girl pouts causing Iseuls smile to broaden. Joon was sitting on the floor with his friends at the opposite end of the living room away from the girls. “We’ll catch their disease.” One of his friends had said. Joon shook his head. “No, we’ll just die from the nail polish smell.” The boys laughed at that, but another boy, a year older than Joon, had his eyes on Kibum. “Is that your appa?” He points to Kibum and Joon nods. “Yeah, the one with the mug is Kibum-appa, the one leaning against him is Jonghyun-appa.” The little boy nods and after a while of thinking he decides to jump to his feet and bound over to the happily married couple. Kibums eyes brighten and he places his mug down behind him. “Hello.” He greets and the little boy smiles–teeth and all. “Hi.” The boy bows and Kibum unhooks himself from Jonghyuns hold to ruffles the boys head. “What’s your name?”

“Haneul.”

“That’s a sweet name.” The boy continues to show off his teeth looking over to Jonghyun with gleaming eyes, Kibum takes his hand and they walk off towards the living room. “Oh so that’s how it is.” Jonghyun mumbles rolling up his shirt sleeves. “I’m gonna have to steal my husband away from a thirteen year old.” Jonghyun rolls his neck. “Not a problem at all, I can understand, I mean,” He watches the little boy with keen eyes. “Kibum pretty much glows.” The sleepover was no longer a sleepover, it was a battlefield. Jonghyun had reverted back to his middle school self and was trying to outshine Haneul in everything he could.