"CHOU TZUYU, you're so DEAD!" Part 1

Animosity For Two [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The cruel reality was never ending. Normal, why was it so difficult to be normal? That's the one question that Jeon Jungkook had yet to figure out. Was it seriously this hard to become a normal 18 year old high school student? The answer was clear as day. That dream of wanting and hoping to be a normal kid for once unfortunately shattered the moment Jeon Jungkook had stepped foot into Seoul High 3 months ago alongside his dearest "lovely" Royal Guardian, Chou Tzuyu; who has seemingly made his life a living nightmare.  

Sure, it might have been inconsiderate of him to put all the blame on her but to be totally honest it was the ultimate truth and they both knew it. There were no spoken words created in this lifetime to describe how much Jeon Jungkook loathed Chou Tzuyu at this exact moment. A few seconds prior, he had angrily left her standing alone in the middle of the crowed hallway, as he reluctantly made his way back to class while keeping his head hung low with a sharp pain shooting through his left eye. He hated her more so now than ever before as he heard faint but discrete whispers coming from all around him. Jungkook didn't want to gain any more unwanted attention than he already had but it was already too late, the damage was done. It was one thing for Tzuyu to follow him into the bathroom but his pride got shot down even further the moment her fist unexpectedly came charging at him, gifting him with an unpleasant black eye. She was supposed to be protecting him, not harming him that's for sure. But knowing her ruthless personality, she probably didn't even think about her actions until after it had already happened. 

Jungkook let out a long exasperated sigh as he finally made it back into his classroom, soullessly taking his seat while shaking off all the stares that he had gotten at that moment. It was a common daily routine for him but today the circumstances were exceptionally harder for him to overcome because of Tzuyu's unnecessary acts. He was definitely more pissed off than usual and he was for certain that his classmates were all aware as they were suddenly being extremely judgmental, seeing him in his current state (black eye and all). Thanks to that brat, he was now going to be deemed even more of a weakling, a guy who let a girl beat him up. Jungkook knew that as of right now, he didn't want anything to do with her. He swore that if he sees or hears her speak to him at any given moment, he'd definitely take a swing at her without any hesitation. But of course, things never went his way and in a matter of seconds, he knew that that devil of a brat had entered the vicinity as the faint chattering inside the room automatically became nonexistent.

Tzuyu quietly stepped foot into their now eerie silent classroom, as everyone's' eyes immediately landed upon her. Everyone's' piercing gaze was directed at her, except for one person. She let out a small sigh, instantly halting in her spot. Tzuyu knew that she had messed up big time as she spotted Jungkook's statue like figure sitting way too inattentively at his desk. She could tell that he was fuming with anger moments later as she saw him clenching his jaw tightly together (a habit in which she only knew about). He wasn't even acknowledging her, which left her feeling a tad bit remorseful for what she had done earlier. She knew fairly well what he was thinking at that point in time and instead of walking towards the front of the class (the way she normally took to get to her desk), she decided to head to the back without giving it much thought. 

While a dozen pair of eyes followed her every move, Tzuyu seemingly made it to her desk trying really hard not to make a single audible sound. She cautiously took her seat behind a stoic looking Jungkook, but knowing fairly well that she's probably the last person that he'd want to see as of right now. Tzuyu knew that she should perhaps apologize to him but at the same time, she didn't feel as though she was that wrong to begin with. For what it's worth, she admitted that hitting him might not have been the smartest decision but he needed to get it through his head, why she was the way she was. She didn't care about other peoples' opinions, everyone could think whatever they wanted to think about her but Jeon Jungkook should know better. He was her responsibility, she did the things she needed to in order to keep him safe. Even when she had the slightest doubt about entering the guys' bathroom, she didn't hesitate because her whole life revolved around following Jeon Jungkook and that's exactly what she did. Instead of thanking her for being there for him, he was ungrateful. Yes, she did concur starting the whole "" situation but still...

"Ungrateful jerk." Tzuyu mumbled under her breath as she eyed the back of Jungkook's head, holding in the urge to give it a hard smack. He was being so stupid. They always fought and each and every time Jeon Jungkook made it harder and harder for her to continue as his Royal Guardian. It's not that she didn't understand how he felt, she of all people should most definitely understand him the most. Just like her, his life was already laid out for him and yet he kept wanting to defy it. That, she couldn't make sense of. He wanted an escape, he wanted to be free but has he ever thought that she too wanted the same? But she knew better than to chase after something that would never change, that was the big difference between him and her. 

Jungkook could feel the heat emulating from his entire body, he wanted to whip his head around and strangle the daylights out of that brat but he couldn't. A small part of him knew that what she had just uttered out was true. He was ungrateful towards her but he couldn't help it. He resented her for the things she did time after time but deep down he knew that she did so because she cared well, besides giving him this black eye (not so caring on her end). Neither would ever admit to it, but they had a bond that no one else in this world could ever fully understand, he couldn't explain it but it was obviously there. 

Jungkook bit his tongue vigorously on the verge of shutting his eyes, trying to cease his endless thoughts, when suddenly a small piece of paper caught his attention. It was slipped slyly onto his desk as his eyes fluttered towards and landed upon the said author. With a cheeky grin, this seemingly empathetic classmate quickly turned back to the front of the class at their teacher's sudden arrival. The boy who sat in front of Jungkook was someone he faintly knew but Jungkook could have considered him a "friend", possibly one of a few people at this school that had ever made an effort to talk to him (granted it was mainly due to the fact that they were assigned by their teachers to be partners more often than once). Jungkook stared down at the folded piece of paper, wondering what the context inside was. He briefly took a glance at the teacher, who was still preparing her things before starting on today's lecture. As his hands slowly unfolded the note, trying not to make a sound in case the teacher catches him, he quickly read what he saw to himself,

~~~~~~~
Hey Jungkook ah, 
Looks like you're having a pretty rough day today... Wanna go to a party tonight? Jung Hoseok is having one at his house, you should come! If you want, I can meet you somewhere and we can head there together? Just text me and let me know. The party starts at 9!  
^^
~~~~~~~~

A party? He was just invited to a party, a real high school party!? Jungkook looked up from the said miracle note, still held tightly in his grasp as he raised an eyebrow questioning its' authenticity. He was momentarily in disbelief. This was his first time ever being invited to a party by a so called "friend" and instantly a huge grin appeared ever so genuinely onto Jungkook's face. He couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Today was one of the worst days he's ever had but maybe something good had come out of it. He was finally invited to a party and the thought of how he was now one step closer to becoming a normal kid, a normal teenage kid had suddenly crossed his mind. And for that brief split second in time he had totally forgotten who he was. His troubles slipped away for just a split second and he felt happy for once in his life, genuinely happy that he had made an actual friend. He had finally made a friend who wanted to hang out with him outside of school. 

"Chou Tzuyu?" 

Jungkook's short lived happiness vanished into thin air as quick as it came. How cruel could reality really be towards him? He hadn't the slightest clue when their teacher had started taking attendance but it was clear that life was taunting him yet again. That name that he held such an animosity for, that person he so desperately wanted nothing to do with had somehow managed to immediately bring him back to the real world, a world he felt the need to escape from. A world he dreaded. He didn't have to turn around to know that she was sitting behind him obediently. He heard a soft "Here." coming from behind as he clenched tighter onto the not so crisp piece of paper in his hands now. He felt the hot tainted blood boiling inside of him as he finally turned around to face his sworn enemy, his one and only Royal Guardian, the girl he'd love to hate so much so.

Tzuyu flinched at the sight of Jungkook's deathly gaze. She didn't have to look twice to notice that the area around his left eye had now yielded light tints of blue and purple hues. Okay, so she admits that she was feeling quite guilty now. Even though they were always at each other's throats for only God knows how long and that was always a prominent fact about their relationship, she had never once physically took a hit at him. Well, unless you consider pushing him to the ground at the age of 5 an over the top act of physical violence? But hey, he was a 7 year old meanie at that time, who had stolen her newly bought pair of shoes for no apparent reason and tried to flush it down the toilet. You can't blame a girl for being upset because of that, right? She had held in her pent up anger since then and unfortunately, today had to be the day that she couldn't stand Jeon Jungkook's mockery any further. Of course, Tzuyu knew that Jungkook wasn't being serious but it was one of those "spur of a moment" type of situations, where she acted out before she even thought things through (to which she's been doing a lot of lately). It was his fault for irking her past her limit though. She tried her hardest to keep on a straight face as he continued to stare directly at her. But in the end, she knew he saw right through her.

There was one thing about Tzuyu that everyone at Seoul High stood witness to, she always had a resting poker face. Everyone feared making eye contact with her, well obviously Jungkook was another story. He didn't even know why at that exact moment he bothered turning around to look at her dead in the eyes as she was definitely the last person he wanted to see but he did so anyways. No one knew, but he was the only one who could (for the most part) read her like a book. As much as he says he hates her, he actually didn't or more along the lines of he "couldn't". Chou Tzuyu was just someone who he always forgave, no matter how wronged he felt. Okay, maybe forgave was not a good word to use but what can he really do? From the time she was born, up until now and for the remainder of his life, he was stuck with her as his Royal Guardian. How could he possibly "hate" someone who was evidently his life support? Even with the sharpened pain shooting from his pulsating left eye, Jungkook subconsciously already forgave her. It was all because he could sense how remorseful she was as her eyes slightly shifted. She was trying to hide her feelings, like she always did but he knew her all too well. 

He let out a defeated sigh knowing, what's done was done and nothing could change what had happened to him. Jungkook slowly turned back around seconds later with his eyes momentarily glued shut, thinking that no one saw his unusual attentiveness towards the girl he always ignored behind him. He was trying to regain the little amount of energy he had left within him to focus on the last hour of school, until he heard someone clearing their throat directly in front of him. His eyes quivered open, meeting the teacher's questioning look.

"Is everything alright, Mr. Jeon?" Their Economic teacher, Ms. Oh's voice relevant of not so much a concerned tone, rather she sounded a bit uninterested and annoyed that he hadn't been paying attention as she took attendance.

The entire classroom was full of on lookers as Jungkook immediately nodded his head, looking down while feeling extremely embarrassed for being called out by the teacher. He was thankful that his hands were out of view or else he'd probably get into even more trouble with the note exchange that had occurred a few minutes back. After what seemed like an eternity, he heard Ms. Oh clear once again and slowly made her way away from his desk as she continued on with the roll call. A small sigh of relief left his slightly parted lips as he peered up towards the front of the classroom, not wanting to think about anything. Today has seriously been a long day. He couldn't wait to get out of here, that's for sure.

Everyone dreaded the very last hour of school because it seemed to always drag on for forever, including Jungkook. But today, Jungkook noted that class surprising flew by rather quickly and uneventfully, For the very first time, that devil of a brat had left him alone. Not once did he feel a sharp jab on his back like he normally did, when she'd poke him with her pencil to try and get his attention. Of course, he'd never obliged to her efforts but honestly, in some weird way Jungkook couldn't say he liked the idea of being ignored by her all that much. He was so used to her bugging him all the time, that it felt kind of strange when she didn't.  

"Class, please be sure to read Chapters 19 through 21 over the weekend, there will be a pop up quiz on Monday." Ms. Oh firmly stated just as the bell suddenly rang through everyone's ears. Students hurriedly gathered their belongings and rushed out of the classroom, crowding up the hallways with loud chatters once again. The class cleared out in a mere two seconds, even Ms. Oh had vanished out of sight. Jungkook was about to stand up as he got his books together, ready to place them into his red backpack. 

"Pst..." Suddenly, Jungkook heard and saw his "friend" (the one who sat in front of him) turning around to face him still in his seat, smiling with a wide cheeky grin plastered on to his face, gaining Jungkook's attention. The said boy, tilted his head to the side a few times to make sure and take a glimpse or two at the girl behind Jungkook making sure the coast was clear, before whispering, "I'll see you later tonight, Jungkook." He slyly gave Jungkook a thumbs up before grabbing his things and headed out the door in a blink of an eye without looking back or saying anything else. 

For a split second, Jungkook sat there utterly confused as to what the boy had been talking about but then, it dawned on him. He remembered the note that he had secretly stuffed into his school uniform jacket pocket earlier on during class. It totally slipped his mind that he had gotten invited to a party tonight and so right then and there he decided that he was going, no matter what. He hadn't the slightest clue how, but he was going to that party! Jungkook stood up immediately feeling the hyped adrenaline rush, stuffing his backpack and zipping it shut without a fail this time around. He turned his head, expecting to see Tzuyu looking at him like he had gone insane for his brief abruptness just a second ago but it was dead silent. A small evil smirk appeared onto his handsome face as to his surprise, his loyal Royal Guardian wasn't doing her job at all. He could have taken this to his advantage but he for sure needed her to get out of the house tonight and so he went on doing what normal people would do if they witnessed someone sleeping soundlessly in front of them like this. He quietly cleared his throat, leaning as close to her ear as possible as her head rested peacefully on top her desk. Without a warning Jungkook lifted his right foot up with a sinister grin now painted on his lips as he whispered loudly into her ears, "Yah! If you don't wake up, I'm gonna go home by myself." giving her desk a huge obnoxious kick at the same time while trying to suppress his internal glee of joy. His successful little revenge had just occurred. 

Not even a millisecond had passed by as Tzuyu shot up off of her seat, eyes nearly popping out of their sockets as she subconsciously hit her right knee in the process. She was in a frantic state of mind as she was still half asleep but wide awake at the same time, feeling distraught while clutching ever so tightly to her banged up knee. Tzuyu pouted angrily at the pain that shot through her leg as Jungkook kept a straight face, staring and shrugging at her unamused. She quickly glared at him but realized that it was her own fault for falling asleep, but to tell you the truth it really wasn't on purpose. Class was seriously so boring today, she couldn't bother Jungkook like she normally did on a daily basis because Tzuyu knew that Jungkook was mad at her. But was that act of his just now necessary? She was about ready to confront him when suddenly something clicked in her head. Wait? Aside from the rude awakening, Jungkook just spoke to her... Tzuyu suspiciously eyed the boy in front of her, who had his arms crossed over his chest unmoved by her sudden behavior.

"You're not mad at me anymore?" Usually it took a good 10 minutes or so before she'd be forgiven but due to her hasty outburst during break time, she figured that it would take much longer and so she decided to leave him alone during the last hour of classes. Instead of getting the response she predicted that would automatically come through, Jeon Jungkook didn't say anything whatsoever. Tzuyu blinked a few times, trying to process what had happened or rather lack of when she finally zoned back from her daze, realizing that Jungkook had already made his way out of the classroom door. "Wait for me, you stupid jerk! Yah, Jeon Jungkook!" Once again in a panic state, Tzuyu hurriedly gathered her belongings, barely being able to fit them properly into her backpack as she rushed out of the door after him.  

From a short distance away, Jungkook clearly heard her plea out of utter frustration but he didn't bother to stop and/or wait for her. Just the thought of suddenly looking directly at her made Junglkook's "injury" that more agonizing. He could feel the heightened throbbing sensation shooting through his left eye as he tried his hardest to not think about it anymore, hoping that the pain would somehow disappear miraculously like it did before a minute ago. The hallways were relatively clear as most of the students had already left the school grounds. Jungkook lowered his head a bit as he spotted a group of girls waiting at the school entrance gate. Honestly speaking, it wasn't because he was being shy. He didn't even know who they were but rather he didn't want to have to deal with more rumors spreading if they got a glimpse of his now visible black eye. But by the time he had left Tzuyu in the hallway during break time, the rumor mill had already escalated beyond anyone's control. 

"Yah, I said wait for me..." Tzuyu, who had been trailing a good foot behind Jungkook mumbled out as she ran and caught up to his side. She instantly pulled him to a halt with one of her arms as she tried to zip up her disheveled backpack with the other. 

As much as he wanted to fight back, he knew it wasn't the time to do so. Jungkook stopped without any hesitation, not wanting to draw in unwanted attention from the girls just a few feet ahead of where they were standing now. He glanced over at Tzuyu who had gotten her backpack zipper stuck due to her messily organized papers and books that she literally shoved into it just moments prior. Jungkook rolled his eyes, gawking at how dumb she was as he without a fair warning yanked her backpack right off of her shoulder. Without a word, Jungkook miraculously worked his magic and zipped up her backpack in less than a minute. He didn't bother looking at her again as he harshly rammed her bag into her chest and walked his way towards the school gate. The group of girls ahead hadn't noticed the two said shadows that were slowly approaching them as they continued on with their interesting conversation about a topic that became very popular among the students at Seoul High about an hour or so ago. 

"Did you guys hear about what happened between Jungkook oppa and that crazy girl, who follows him around all the time? I heard they broke up..."
"I heard they were arguing in the guy's bathroom during break and he said he wanted to break up with her, but she got angry and ended up punching him ."
"Why would she go in there so shamelessly like that in the first place? That's the last place I'd ever want to go into and what kind of girl hits a guy? That's seriously crazy."
"Well obviously she's not like you or any of us, is she? I heard she's an Iljin (Gang) Princess or something and that her dad is the top Ganglord in Seoul." 
"...no wonder Jungkook can't really do anything, he'd be dead if he even tried."
"Looks like he did try though... Did you see him during break after the bathroom incident, more along the lines of did you see his eye?"
"Someone even heard Jungkook oppa admitting that they live together too. Poor Jungkook oppa... I hope he really ended things with that crazy ."

It was true that ever since their first day of school and up until that very second, Jeon Jungkook and Chou Tzuyu always had rumors spreading about them but this time it hit home pretty hard. Biting his tongue, Jungkook nearly lost it as he held in his anger and frustration. Of course, none of this would have started if it wasn't for Tzuyu but at the same time he wasn't just thoughtlessly blaming it all on her at that moment. He rightfully admitted that he shouldn't have been so careless. He was angry with himself for not drawing the line hard enough on himself as well as to stop Tzuyu from doing what she had done. But as much as he couldn't stand Tzuyu, he honestly didn't like it when people talked bad about her. He wasn't too fond of other people referring to her as his "crazy psycho girlfriend" but truthfully it didn't bug him all that much. But somehow, he really didn't like the sound of someone calling her a "". Before he even had the chance to think of how to handle the situation, he heard loud gasps coming from the group of girls who were now in total utter shock a foot in front of him as he realized that Tzuyu was no longer next to him. 

"Excuse me, do you guys really have nothing better to do than to talk about OUR business like it's your own?" Unlike Jungkook, Tzuyu wasn't so much of the observing type as she straight up walked over to the girls and confronted them right then and there. She heard word for word clearly and she just couldn't stand to not say something to them. Sure, everything they had said was somewhat true, she did indeed follow him into the bathroom and gave him a hardy punch but because of those reasons everyone just made up their own assumptions (well aside from the whole living together part, but that's all on Jungkook). Everyone filled in the missing gaps with ludicrous ideas that didn't even make sense. She knew from the very first day of school that almost everyone, even the teachers thought that she was Jungkook's crazy over possessive girlfriend but it didn't bother her because it wasn't true. What right did everyone have to talk about them, like they knew them personally or something? Tzuyu once again bore her infamous blank stare poker face for a good 2 minutes but there was absolutely no reply as the group of 6 girls looked genuinely horrified like they had seen a ghost of some sort right in front of them. After having a closer look, Tzuyu had then realized that they weren't just a group of ordinary girls but rather they were the Queenka group of Seoul High. Not that it mattered to her who they were as she had no idea what their individual names even were to begin with but she remembered them as the most popular girls at Seoul High. On her first day, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter