Final

A Sick Day

(Early in the afternoon)

 

“Kookie~” Jimin croaked as he cuddled closer into the blanket and sniffed. He heard feet shuffling into the living room and saw his beautiful boyfriend before him, wearing an apron and holding a ladle in one of his hands.

 

“Yes, hyung?” Jungkook asked as he raised an eyebrow once he saw Jimin’s smug smile peeking out from under the blanket.

 

“C’mere.” He said, his feet lifting up and down, lightly hitting the arm of the sofa as if he were a child whining.

 

“Hyung, you know I can’t. I’m making soup for you and I can’t let it overcook or burn because of you.”

 

Jimin pouted and sneezed. “Fine.” He sniffed. “Can I get a kiss then?”

 

Jungkook sighed but had a small smile across his lips before swooping down and giving his boyfriend a peck on the lips and leaning his forehead against his. “Happy?” He felt the other nod and smiled. “Okay, I need to get back to the soup. I’m almost done, alright?” He mumbled against the others lips. The older nodded and sniffed again. Jungkook pulled away and gave a small smile before disappearing in the kitchen.

 

***

“Baby, wake up.” Jungkook spoke softly as he lightly shook Jimin’s shoulder. The older stirred awake and looked around the room before landing on the other’s face and smiled. “Aish, you can’t even stay awake for a few minutes before falling asleep again.” The younger teased. “Here, sit up. I have your soup.”

 

Jimin pulled down his blanket and sat up, rubbing his eyes in the process. “Thanks Kookie.” He mumbled, taking the spoon in his hand and lazily dipping it in the bowl, bringing it back up to his lips, and sipped on the remaining liquid that didn’t slip back into the bowl.

 

The younger sighs and sits down next to the other, taking the spoon out of his hand. He picks up the dish and makes Jimin face him. “You are never ever going to be sick again because this is tiring.” Jungkook mutters before feeding him a spoonful of the soup.

 

This goes on for a while, comfortable silence in the air with only the noise from the rain pounding on the window. Jimin watched the other adoringly and smiled after finishing. Jungkook set the bowl back on the table and took the other in his arms, wrapping the blanket around both of them. He took the controller that was lodged into the side of the sofa and the television, looking for movies or shows that they could watch together.

 

Jimin snuggled closer in the other’s arms, his small figure easily fitting. He held the younger’s hand, their fingers intertwined together in a great fit. He drew circles around the other’s palm and leaned his head against the younger’s shoulder. Jungkook leaned his head forward and placed his chin on the other’s head and continued channel surfing.

 

They eventually found a show that they liked and watched quietly, Jimin sniffing or occasionally stealing kisses from the other that broke the silence.

 

“Yah Jungkookie-ah.” Jimin said when the film went to commercial.

 

The younger looked down and raised an eyebrow. “Mm?”

 

“You’re mine.” The older said, giving a cheesy smile.

 

“Hyung! You’re so weird today.” He giggled.

 

Jimin shrugged. “Just felt like saying that.” They looked at each other and it showed just how much they loved and cared about the other.

 

The older sneezed and brought the other’s arms closer to him, enjoying the warmth that he brought. “Don’t you have homework to do?” He asked, looking back up to his lover. Jungkook pursed his lips and then shook his head from side to side.

 

“Eh, nothing important. I just want to take care of you for today.” He said.

 

Jimin frowned and swatted the other’s hand. “Yah, even if it’s not important it’s still work. And don’t you have an exam coming up too?” Jungkook shrugged. The older gave a piercing look, but his nose soon scrunched up and his eyes closed, ending with another loud sneeze.

 

The younger chuckled and pinched the other’s nose. “And don’t you have to make a choreo that you need to make for your next class?”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened before he muttered a “” and tried to leave the sofa in a rush, but instead got his feet caught in the larger blanket, almost falling face first into the carpet if it wasn’t for the other’s strong grip around his waist.

 

“Aish.” He mumbled, trying to untangle the blankets that seemed to be glued to his feet frantically, panicking because he couldn’t just teach his class without a single dance to teach. With a few more seconds of hoarse cursing, he finally was free and tried to get up again, but this time was held back by the arms that were around his waist. He turned his head around and saw his boyfriend smile innocently.

 

“Yah, I need to go get my notebook.” The older said, tugging at the other’s hands to let him go.

 

Jungkook shook his head and brought Jimin even closer than what would be considered physically impossible (but of course giving space to breath).

 

“Kookie.” He demanded.

 

The younger shook his head again. “You’re sick. You need to relax. It’s fine.” He explained.

 

“But still I can’t jus-”

 

“Nope. You will stay here and you will get better so you can do your work productively. Besides, you’ve done a lot of work already.” Jimin pouted, but began to have a coughing fit instead. “See, it’s hard to think with a sore throat and stuffy nose. You need rest.”

 

The older gave one last glare before leaning back against Jungkook’s chest again. “Well you still need to study.” He muttered.

 

“I will hyung, I will.” Jungkook said, burying his nose in the other’s hair and smiling.

 

***

“Thanks for taking care of me today, Kookie.” Jimin spoke, brushing the hair away from the other’s face. Jungkook smiled and pulled the blanket over themselves, resting his head back on the pillow to look at Jimin’s face.

 

The sun finally set and now it was just the moonlight that was shining through the windows. The light shined from the bedroom window and across Jimin’s face and it just made him look even more angelic than usual, even though he was sick.

 

“Of course I would take care of you hyung. You don’t have to thank me.”

 

Jimin’s eyes softened and he wrapped his arm around the younger’s waist. “I want to thank you.” He murmured before bringing his face closer and lightly kissed the other’s nose, making his face scrunch up from the ticklish feeling. “I love you.” He grinned and pecked his lips this time.

 

“I love you too.” Jungkook said before a ticklish feeling traveled throughout his nose and he sneezed. Jimin giggled, knowing what that meant, as Jungkook was glaring at the other.


“You , hyung.”