Fate

Time and Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have the power to stop time. She has the power to see the future. We complement each other; she can see but doesn't have the ability to change it. I have the ability but I wasn't able to see. We met on a snowy day, on that particular night where the streets were covered in snow and everything was pure white. She was crossing the street and so am I. I accidentally brushed my fingers at her and felt a sudden surge of electricity run through my nerves. I looked at her and she was already looking at me, smiling.

"I have found you." she said. The stop light was about to turn green, I stopped the time and everything froze. The trees covered in snow had their second batch of freeze. I walked closer to her but stopped when I saw her blink. How can she possibly blink when I already froze time?

"How can you do that? Who are you?" I asked

"I'm Chorong and you are Bomi." She stated like she was the one who gave me my name.

"What are you?" I frowned.

"A human, just like you." she said

"But I can see the future." She added She took my hand and pulled me for a kiss. I was caught off-guard. Just what kind of person would do this on their first meeting?

"I saw it, our future. You will be my lover, and you will bring me tons of happiness." She whispered on my ears after broking the kiss. I shivered. Just who does she think she is? I pushed her away and turned my back, walking away from her.

"You're not going to run away, are you? This is our fate! We are going to meet again.." I heard her scream a few centimeters away. I returned the time and everything went back to normal. People busily moving like ants, the cars that waited for the lights to turn green went forward. I was on the other side of the road while she was on the opposite. I turned back to look at her.

"..soon."she mumbled before she turned and walk away disappearing on the sea of people. Lunatic. She was able to see the future huh?

"How insane." Said by someone who can freeze the time. I thought to myself. The next day, I decided to eat on my favorite spaghetti house.  I halted when I saw her eating on my favorite spot.

"What are you doing here?" I approached her.

"That's my spot." I pointed at her seat.

"Didn't I already tell you? We are fated to meet." She answered not even bothering to look at me.

"There's no such thing as fate." I coldly stated.

"There is." She stood up.

"I am the one who's going to decide on my fate." I stared at her as if boring holes. "No. You're not." She stared back

"Then watch this."

I froze the time and took a glass beside me. I dropped it on the floor and a loud crashing sound follows. I took a shard and held out my arm for her to see. I placed the shard on my arm and sliced it gently. A crimson blood dropped on the floor and two more followed.

"See this wound? I'm the one who decided this on my own."

I lifted my arm for her to see clearly.

"No. it's not. Fate already decided that you will do this. And it will leave a mark." She took my hand and studied the wound.

"We should treat this immediately, you sliced yourself to deep." I took my hand and glared at her.

"Who are you to decide for myself?"

"SHUT UP! IF I SAY THAT I'M GOING TO TREAT, I'M GOING TO TREAT IT!" she snapped.

I froze. So scary. This girl, she has this magnetizing effect that makes me want obey her. Before I realized it she already dragged me out of the restaurant. I click my finger and the clock ticked, must make the time move before this girl makes me forget.

"By the way, that spot is not yours. I wrote my name on the chair before you even asked." She said while still dragging me to who-knows- where. We arrived at an old apartment, looks like it's her home. The place was shabby but it was clean. She took a medicine kit and treated my wound. Her hand was gentle and warm. I didn't felt a single pain while she's treating my wound. I just stared at her during the whole process. She has a beautiful hair, her eyelashes were long that complements her shining eyes, her nose were perfect and she has very cute lips. To sum it all, she was like an angel. Why would someone as pretty as her will declare me as her future lover? I just don't understand what she saw in me. I was just an ordinary person. Yes, I have a special ability but that wasn't enough to fall in love with someone. After she was done, I also broke out from my thoughts. I stood up and headed to the exit.

"Let's not meet again." I said when I reached for the doorknob.

"Oh yes we will." She answered I raised my hand and showed her the bandaged area.

"Thanks for this." And I closed the door. I went back to the restaurant and headed to the spot where she sat a few moments ago. I pulled the chair and read the words written on it.

‘Park Chorong. Your future lover. You came back right? I saw it.'

I chuckled. How interesting. This girl named Chorong.

The next day we met again, the following day, and the day after that. It's like everything had been all planned. Sometimes we would meet on the bus stop, or in a laundry shop, even in a convenience store. Of all the convenience store in the world, how could this happen? I'm starting to believe that what she said was true about fate. We became closer. We got to know each other better because of our constant meetings. We didn't even have to plan in order to meet; we would just constantly bump into each other and then she would ask if I want some coffee, a conversation will follow afterwards. Sometimes, it is me who will ask if she wants something to drink. The distant and foreign feeling that I had when I first met he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter