Cynosure

Brood

 Im such a noob here. Anyway, if you haven't already, check out HyukOh bc THEYRE THE BEST AND THEIR MSUIC IS SO GOOD PLS LISTEN TO THEM!!1! I listened to them while writing this.

Sorry if it's horrible/many mistakes ++ please comment your thoughts :)

- 

  Scenery moved in long lines behind you. You sat in the passenger's seat and watched the towns get further and further away. Soft music bounced around the car. You reached to turn it up and lay your head against the seat and closed your eyes.

   It was dark when your eyes finally opened. You averted your attention to the person sitting next to you. His silhouette slightly highlighted by the lights of the cars passing. He murmurs song lyrics and taps his fingers against the steering wheel. The boy glances over at you, your eyes connecting for a second. He smiles and you return it even if he doesn't see it. He places his hand on top of your curled one. It's warm, making your heart beat a little faster. You let out a slow breathe and squeezed his hand. His lips turned up and he looked at you again.


   "Do you want me to drive now?" your hand that's not touching the boy finds your phone. Without a word he pulls over, letting go of your hand in the process. You check your phone and switch seats with the kid. When you get a closer look at him under the light, you see his eyes drooping and bags under his eyes. You pull his head towards you and kiss his forehead. He's too tired to do anything else as his body rests in the seat you used to sit. You ask him if he's cold and he responds with a head shake and a quiet exclamation that he's hot. You turn the air conditioning on and feel the air getting colder as time goes by.


   You start back on the road and occasionally check on the boy next to you. The nth time you look at the boy, he's staring at you. You didn't check on him the rest of the night.


   You enter a town after driving on an empty road for awhile and park in front of a store. You let out a long exhausted breathe. The boy stirs a bit. You admire the lines of his face. His pointed eyes and long nose accompanied by sweet pink lips. You leave the car on and lock the doors, leaving the sleeping boy in the passenger seat, and enter the store. Eventually you walk back out and see the boy wide awake and dancing around in the car. The two bags full of fruit and simple meals are put in the backseat. The boy  doesn't wait and digs around in the bags.


   You buckle up and pull out of the parking lot, the sounds of the kid chewing his snack joins the music coming from the speakers.


   Days pass and you and the boy continue to alternate shifts for driving. Finally, your destination gets closer and closer. The sun is melting into the horizon and you and the boy park in the grass. You grab some bags from the trunk and walk into a big field. His hand brushes yours once in awhile. Still unsure and awkward hands pull away everytime.


   When you assume you're far enough into the field, you pull a blanket out of the bag and spread it onto the flat ground. The boy sinks onto it and sits comfortably. Fresh air fills your bodies and pleasant vibes are shared. Snacks are eaten as you wait. You both watch the darkness spread around and you stare up at the sky. A black sea full of bright dots. No sounds are made except the breathing of the kid beside you and the natural silence of outside. After what seems like forever, you breathe in. 


   "I, I think I really like you Seunghoon..." you awkwardly push out.