stay.

Stay

Momo came from a rich family. She has everything, that’s the simplest explanation. She even studies in the most popular university in their country. Her parents are really kind and they spoil her. (She’s not a brat tho.)

 

Momo dances really well, she’s great when it comes to dancing.

 

Everything was fine. She’s fine with everything that she has, she’s more than contented. But everything crashed up when she met her housemate, Myoui Mina.

 

Because the university where she studies was far from their house, she had to separate from her parents in order to study. That was the reason why she met Mina.

 

“So you’re the housemate my mom was talking about last time?” Mina asked kindly as she smiles.

 

Momo smiles back and nods. She was just really speechless because of the younger girl’s beauty.

 

She’s gorgeous. –Momo thought. And it all started because of it.

 

They became friends.

 

From friends to..

 

Strangers.

 

Momo knew that Mina was the daughter of their family’s business rival. So everything that she feels, she has to keep it. She has to hold it until it fades. She thought she will just wait until it’s all gone.

 

But what happens is the opposite. Her feelings just get deeper and deeper each day.

 

So instead of liking, admiring or loving Mina, she decided to just hate the girl.

 

She started to ignore Mina and look for her mistakes only. She would just look for that, nothing more and nothing less.

 

For Mina, it’s okay. Why? Because she doesn’t know about her parents being rivals with Momo’s.

 

Momo doesn’t want the younger to know about it too. Mina will ignore her too for sure.

 

Ignoring Mina hurts her so much, what more if Mina also ignores her?

 

One day, Mina cooked meal for the both of them but her father called her on the phone and she left those on the stove. Until Momo noticed an unwanted smell, she checked it out and the foods that Mina was cooking became black and toasted.

 

“Look,  if you don’t know how to cook, you can just leave it to me or call for a delivery.” Momo said looking at the younger girl with her cold eyes.

 

“S-sorry—“

 

“You wasted all of those! Do you even know how much those cost?!” she yelled, not wanting Mina to finish up her words. She’s afraid that Mina might make her feel guilty.

 

So the younger girl just sighed and looked down, “I-I’ll just pay for them.”

 

“You don’t need to.” Momo refused, “Just clean it all up. I will just call for delivery.”

 

So Mina did it. She felt so unwanted, not important, not worthy. She tries everything to make Momo like her and care for her again like a girlfriend the way she does before. Though she doesn’t even know why Momo suddenly acted like that months ago.

 

Maybe she really just doesn’t like or want me. –Mina thought.

 

Saturday, they don’t have class. Momo was tired because of school stuffs that past week and Mina isn’t the type to go out or have dates when Saturdays and Sundays. She always wants to spend these days reading a book or writing stories.

 

So basically, they’re both at home that day. But of course, it feels like they’re not together. Ignoring each other, if they’ll talk, it would be called YELLING and not TALKING.

 

Mina rose up from her bed; she suddenly felt hungry and decided to go to kitchen to get some food. She got shocked when her eyes spotted Momo, going out from the place where she’s going. Her heart started to race, she feels so nervous that she didn’t know that she actually just bumped Momo.

 

Momo likes it. Mina’s skin just touched hers. But hey, do you think she would make it obvious to Mina that she liked what just happened? No. It’s a BIG NO. So Momo looked at the younger girl with blaze in her eyes.

 

What the hell, Mina?she said in an arrogant tone.

 

Honestly, Mina just wants the ground to eat her by that moment. “I’m sorry.” Mina looked down again. She always does that; looking down while Momo is yelling at her.

 

“You always say sorry but you keep on making the same mistake!” Momo yelled. It’s because it’s not the first time that Mina bumped her.

 

Mina bites her lower lip, trying to hold the tears that want to get down. She knows she’s not perfect, but hearing Momo say those words? She really got hit so much.

 

The older girl notices it: Mina holding her tears. So she decided to just end their conversation even before she hug the girl because of guilt, but of course she ends it in a harsh way.

 

“You’re so clumsy. I hate you.” And then Momo turned her back from Mina and started to walk away. She closed her eyes tightly, feeling guilty for what she said to the younger girl, and for her real feelings.

 

Momo doesn’t know how long she could take it. Hiding her feelings, yelling and ignoring Mina and all of the things that she does everytime Mina is around her.

 

“I love her. But why do I keep on doing this? AGH!” Momo facepalmed and her tears started to fall.

 

It’s not only Mina who always gets hurt, she’s also hurt. More than Mina, actually. If you just know how hard to ignore and be harsh to the person that you really love.

 

The next day, Momo woke up because to the sound of a bag being zipped. She yawned and get out of her room to see what it is.

 

Her eyes became bigger when she saw Mina packing her things.

 

“W-what are you doing?!” Momo asked though it’s obvious that Mina is already planning to leave.

 

Mina smiled (a sad one) while looking at the bag, “I’m leaving.” She simply answers Momo.

 

“Y-you’re leaving?” the older of the two walked towards the younger slowly. “Is it because of how I treat you?”

 

“No. It’s because of me, I always make mistakes and I’ll just be a problem here if I stay longer. I’m not perfect enough for you.”

 

That answer stabbed Momo’s heart really hard. No, Mina. Don’t think of it. You’re not perfect but you’re more than enough for me. –Momo wants to say that while looking at Mina’s eyes but, how? Her face wasn’t that thick to say those words after all of the harsh things that she had said to the girl in front of her.

 

“I think I must change my attitude first before staying here with you again.” then Mina chuckled. “So.. yeah. Bye, Momo unnie. I really had fun staying here with you. Though you’re just yelling at me everyday, still, it’s really fun. At least the person that I like talks to me, somehow.”

 

Was that a confession? Maybe. But whatever it was, Momo is happy.

 

Mina likes me too? Seriously? I am not dreaming, right? –Momo thought. But still, she doesn’t know what to do. She wants to stop Mina from leaving. She won’t just let Mina go. Not now when she knew that the other girl feels the same way towards her.

 

Mina started to carry her two bags and was about to walk away but she felt a hand holding her wrist, stopping her.

 

“Put those bags down, Mina.” Momo ordered which made Mina face her with confused face.

 

“What—“

 

“Stay.”

 

One word. Four letters. But it really made Mina’s heart stop beating for a while.

 

“W-what did you say?” Mina asked when she finally got back to her senses, wanting to be sure that Momo really said it.

 

“I said stay.” Momo answered and tighten her hold on Mina’s wrist.

 

Mina gulped.

 

 “You won’t leave me just like that, right? I thought you like me? Then why are you suddenly leaving? I know I’ve been really bad to you, but please let me make it all up before you leave. I mean, don’t leave me. Yeah I know what I’m saying is really non-sense but hey, are you really doing that? No. Don’t. I love you, Mina. And I’m so sorry for everything. It’s all because of that stupid business. Okay, non-sense again. I just—I only just want you to stay. Slap me, it is okay. If that’s the only thing to make you stay. Do whatever you want. Just please stay—“

 

Momo stopped saying her long-non-sense speech when she felt Mina’s lips connected to hers.

 

“You’re too noisy.” Mina said after pulling away from the kiss.

 

“Why did you do that?” Momo questioned really far from what Mina have said.

 

“You told me I can do whatever I want, right?”

 

Momo nods, “So.. you’re staying?”

 

“Yes. I can’t—“

 

“You’re amazing.” Momo butted in while grinning.

 

She wrapped her arms around Mina’s waist, pulled the younger girl closer and kisses her.

 

It didn’t take too long for Mina to smile and kiss the older girl back. She wrapped her arms around Momo’s nape. And they share a very sweet, passionate kiss.

 

Well, I guess you already know what they will do from that kiss. *winks*