Ten

The Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

Trouble

 

 

A week later, Joonmyeon sent the royal couple off at the harbor, along with King Chanyeol’s entourage. Throughout the journey back to China, Yeonhwa kept getting severely seasick, so when they finally set foot in China, she was feeling faint and tired. Yifan immediately ordered the royal physician, Zhang Yixing to brew a medicinal compound to cure her motion sickness.

As she settled into bed to rest, Yifan sat by her and ran his fingers through her long hair soothingly.

 

“You should go, Yifan. I’ve kept you from your work long enough.” said Yeonhwa. Yifan was quick to refute her.

“How could I leave my wife in this state? What kind of husband would I be then?” he asked, smiling gently. Yeonhwa rolled her eyes playfully.

“Go, Fan. I promise you I’ll be fine. Besides, Yixing is here to take care of me, right?” she smiled at the royal physician, who smiled back at her before bowing.

“Yes, Your Majesty. I assure you that Her Highness shall receive the best of care and be back on her feet in no time.” he replied.

 

Yifan frowned and hesitated even though he would trust Yixing with his life. Nevertheless, he stood up and kissed his empress on the forehead, whispering his love for her before turning back to Yixing.

 

“Make sure she drinks the medicine, Yixing. She may be a bit stubborn.” Yifan smirked, eyeing Yeonhwa.

“Go already.” Yeonhwa pouted, earning a chuckle from Yifan.

 

Yifan patted Yixing on the shoulder before leaving the room, but not before winking playfully at his wife. After the Emperor left, Zhang Yixing stepped forward towards Yeonhwa, offering her a cup of freshly brewed medicine. Yeonhwa hesitantly took it and sniffed it, only to cringe.

 

“Do I really have to drink this, Yixing?” she pouted. Yixing laughed. She may be an empress, but she was undeniably adorable. It was really no wonder that the Emperor adores her to death.

“I promise you it does not taste as bad as it smells, Your Highness.” he replied. Yeonhwa eyed him skeptically before clenching her eyes shut and downing the brew immediately.

 

The moment the warm liquid went down , she felt it rise right back up, along with the rest of the contents in her stomach. Yixing immediately handed her a bucket, and softly patted her back as she vomited. When she was done, he gave her a wet cloth and a cup of water.

 

“I’m sorry Yixing, I don’t know what has gotten into me. I’ve never been seasick before.” she grumbled.

“No worries, Your Highness. I will do my best to heal you.” he replied.

 

Yixing stared at the empress for a moment and suddenly an idea popped into his mind. He raised his eyebrows and furrowed them, immediately getting serious.

 

“Your Highness, if it’s not too much to ask, may I run a check up on you?” he asked.

 

Yeonhwa was surprised, but agreed to it anyway. Whatever had to be done to get her to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter