Worry

Im Family

The baby’s cry echoes in the room. A figure immediately sits up straight from bed heaving a sigh while taking a glance at the baby crib. The clock on the wall shows that it is 2 in the morning yet Im Nayeon is awake crying her lungs out and both of her parents are awoken because of her cry.

Another figure sits up and walks to the crib picking up the baby and starts rocking her back and forth.

“Just go back to sleep again Sica, I know you have a meeting early.”

“Are you sure you can take care of her,Yoongie?” Sica stares at her wife and daughter worriedly. She is feeling super sleepy but she remembers her wife just got back from her shift in hospital an hour ago, both of them are exhausted because of their work but their daughter is being fussy again and need attention.

“Don’t worry baby, I can warm up Nayeon’s milk and then make coffee for myself. I don’t have work tomorrow anyway.” Yoona is still trying to stop the baby from crying. She pecks her wife’s forehead and walks to the kitchen quickly. Jessica let out a long sigh again and lays down again on the bed and tries to stop worrying about Nayeon.

“Nayeon-aah. Let’s drink milk and change your diaper okay? Stop crying baby” Yoona wipes her daughter’s cheeks. They’re both at the kitchen, Yoona is warming up Nayeon’s bottle in the microwave. She can’t stay still though, she’s pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Apparently if she stops walking Nayeon will start to wail again.

“There are three bears living in a house” Yoona is singing her daughter’s favorite song in order to pacify her.

“Papa bear”

“Mama bear”

“Baby bear”

Only Yoona’s singing voice and Nayeon’s hiccup that can be heard there. Realizing her daughter’s cry has subsided, Yoona starts to relax a little. She sits on a chair and starts feeding Nayeon her milk. She hums the rest of the song while watching her baby’s face intently, a pair of the same exact doe-eyes are staring back at her own. Even though taking care of Nayeon is hard sometimes, Yoona still enjoys every moment she has, like now when her body is practically begging for a rest but she had to pacify little Nayeon first.

Yoona is a doctor in the city’s hospital and her amount of work is no joke. Although she gets 8 hours of shift, sometimes she has to work in ER too. Yoona’s wife, Jessica, has a fashion line that focused in sunglasses and denims. Even though she is the owner, she gets involved in a lot of things too, she mostly stays at home and get her work done there so she can stay and take care of her baby.

“Im Nayeon, my beautiful baby.” Yoona’s stare to the sleeping baby is full of adoration and love. She walks back to the room and put Nayeon in her crib gently. She kisses her daughter’s forehead and bids a soft goodnight before goes back to bed and backhug her seemingly sleeping wife.

“Did she give you a hard time?” Jessica turns to hug Yoona properly and whisper to her wife.

“I thought you’re alredy sleeping baby.” Yoona is surprised but still hug Jessica back nonetheless.

“I can’t sleep.” Jessica is clearly still worried about her daughter.

“Nayeon is already asleep now. She’s hungry and she’s teething. At least that’s what I think, let’s sleep too baby.”

Yoona reassures her wife and leans in to kiss her.

“Let’s take her to pediatrician tomorrow  so we can do some check up okay?” Once again Yoona convinces Jessica not to worry, finally Jessica nods and starts closing her eyes.

“Good night Yoongie.”

“Good night baby.”