001

The Comeback Games [on-hold]

Tao hurriedly walked towards Kris’ room, looking back to check that nobody had seen him. He didn't know why, but he had an extremely bad feeling that something horrible would happen if he was caught. Just as he was raising his hand to knock on Kris’ door, he heard a slight rustle coming from Baekhyun’s room, causing him to jump. “Don't worry, you are not doing anything wrong, you are just being paranoid,” He assured himself and quickly knocked on Kris’ door, which opened straight away.

“What are you doing here?” Kris frowned, but quickly dragged Tao inside and slammed the door shut. “You better have a good reason for waking me up from my nap.”

Tao leaned against a wall and glanced at Kris. “Look, I know we haven’t been on the best of terms these past few years, especially after you left and I erm… you know... said some... not so nice things about you. But now we are in the Games, which are deadly. And… I don’t know what the others are thinking, they could be teaming up against us right now.”

“So what are you suggesting? That both of us team up?” Kris raised an eyebrow, and Tao nodded his head, pleased that Kris got the idea so quickly.

“Yes, we team up. With Luhan, and maybe... Lay? I’m going to Luhan’s room to talk now, come with me,” Tao headed towards the door and motioned for Kris to follow him. Kris sighed, but followed him out of the room.


Chanyeol peered out of his room, making sure that no one was roaming around. He wanted to talk to Baekhyun, but his room was at the other end of the corridor. Even though Chanyeol was confused about the Games and what was happening, he wasn't stupid enough to not know that suggesting the idea of teaming up so early would lead to consequences.

Chanyeol quietly exited his room and locked it, before brisk walking to the end of the corridor. “One of the many perks of having long legs,” He muttered to no one in particular and smiled. However, he was deep in thought and did not look at where he was going, causing him to bump into someone.

“OUCH!” Both of them yelled simultaneously.

“Jongdae?” Chanyeol rubbed his head and asked. “What are you doing here?”

Chen groaned in pain and replied, “I came here to find Baek. What are you doing here?”

Just then, the door to Baekhyun’s room flew open, and both Chanyeol and Chen looked up to see Baekhyun staring at them expectantly. “I knew you guys were going to come,” He said with a mysterious tone, which the other two boys rolled their eyes at.

“Of course you would know, everyone would know if we continue talking so loudly,” Chanyeol muttered and pushed past Baekhyun into his room, Chen following behind.  

Chen laid on the bed and stretched his legs, treating Baekhyun’s room like his own. “What do you mean though? That you knew we were going to come here?”

Baekhyun didn’t reply, but instead switched on the television, and pressed “552” on the remote control. The television immediately changed from a news report to what seems to be a CCTV footage of the corridor outside their rooms. “This, my friends, was how I found out. I saw the both of you coming out of your rooms and walking towards mine,” He proudly announced.

“How the hell did you discover that channel?” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and stared at the television screen. Baekhyun shrugged and picked up a stack of paper from a table nearby.

“The television guide,” He replied.

“Oh, that. I didn't bother looking at it,” Chanyeol took the television guide from Baekhyun and started looking through it. “This is cool. Can someone pass me the remote?”

Chen reached over the bed to hand Chanyeol the remote, but pulled back when he noticed two figures on the screen. “Guys, why are Tao and Kris entering Luhan’s room?”


“Ah, so you managed to persuade Kris to come,” Luhan smiled and opened the door wider for the other two to enter. “But why do you want to talk to us?”

Tao gently shut the door but just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, Kris interrupted him. “He wants the three of us to team up against the others,” Kris said coldly.

There was an awkward silent between the trio. Luhan opened and closed his mouth a few times, but no sound came out. After an excruciating minute, Luhan finally managed to choke out a sentence. “And… you agreed?”

Tao nodded, but stopped when Kris glared at him. “Not yet, I wanted to see what you think of this plan first.”

“Well, Tao, I don't know what the heck were you thinking, but no way am I going to join in! I left once, and I am not going to leave again!” Luhan said angrily.

“No, but what if the others are going to turn against us? Then what do we do?” Tao yelled back.

Luhan rolled his eyes at Tao. “Huang Zitao, you are not making any damn sense. Why will they turn against us? We apologized, and everything is fine now. I'm pretty sure Suho wants us to be a team and have a group comeback as OT12 again, and I am with him. Don't try to ruin this, Tao.”

“No, you listen to me. You think everything's okay now just because we apologized? NO! I know Chanyeol and Chen are still pissed, and probably Kyungsoo too. We left, and that's why EXO lost too many fans to the point that the company doesn't want to manage them anymore! We ruined their careers. Do you think they still want to be with us? They are probably rejoicing now that they have a chance to kill us!” Tao spat angrily. “This is the bloody Games! It's a life and death matter, and I am not going to die.”

“No one said that you were going to die. We all have pretty good superpowers, if we stick together with the others, we will last a month in the arena and we will all survive,” Kris stepped in between Tao and Luhan.

Tao turned to Kris, his nose flaring in anger. He then turned back to Luhan, and without any further ado, he turned towards the door and slammed it.

Kris chuckled, “I thought he said that we must be quiet. Now he's the one making the whole world know that something is happening in this room.”

“What's wrong with him? Where did he get that bloody idea from? No one is going to turn against anyone. Seriously! And now he's trying to get us to betray the group again. No way, man, no way. Tao is crazy,” Luhan spat.

Kris walked over. “Don't worry, he was always a drama queen.” He then handed Luhan a glass of water. “Calm down, Lu. He will get over it. Anyway, I am not going to be part of his stupid team, so you don't have to worry so much.”

“Well, I seriously hope he doesn't try to convince Yixing. God knows what Yixing would do to him,” Luhan took a sip of the water and sighed.

“He won't be able to do much to Tao, because Tao would stomp off once Yixing rejects Tao.”

“Yeah, like you said, he is a drama queen. That boy, he seems to be getting dumber and dumber every year.”


Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen sat on the bed, munching on the box of popcorns that they had ordered. “Why are Kris and Tao inside Luhan’s room for so long? I smell something fishy,” Baekhyun commented.

“I wish there were cameras in the rooms. Then we can see what they are doing inside,” Chen replied, grabbing six popcorns and stuffing it into his mouth.

Suddenly, on the television screen,  a furious Tao appeared and stomped off towards his own room, without Kris. “Bam!” The door slammed at the same time.

“Nice, there are sound effects too!” Chanyeol cheered, and Baekhyun whacked him on the head with a pillow. “On a more serious note, though, I think they are forming an alliance.”

Chen let out a series of sentences that nobody could understand, due to the amount of popcorns in his mouth, but judging by the expression in his face, they could tell that he agreed with Chanyeol’s statement. “Definitely. They betrayed us once, they won't hesitate to do it again. Those three are sly fellows. That's why I came to find you, Baek. Because I wanted to form an alliance with you two.” He said after swallowing with much difficulty.

“Oh yea! That was what I came here for, too!” Chanyeol laughed, and fist-bumped Chen.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Stop being so bitter about them leaving, it has been like what? Two years? Seriously, you have got to let it go.”

“Let it go? Baekhyun, seriously? Them traitors leaving was what caused our downfall! You are being too generous to them. The evidence is right in front of you! They are forming an alliance, and we should, too,” Chanyeol scoffed and Chen nodded in approval.

“Yeah,” Chen added. “We should form an alliance, and add the K members, and Xiumin. Just drag everyone in the alliance, kill off those traitors, and we will win this.”

Baekhyun opened his eyes in shock. “No matter what they did, they don’t deserve to die. And also, without them, we might die, too. The mutts in the Games are so deadly, and the Chinese member’s powers are powerful. They need to stay alive.”

Chen and Chanyeol shot a glance to each other, and Chanyeol shrugged. “Yeah, you got a point there. You know what, let’s just ask the other K members, and Chen, you ask Minseok hyung, okay? We are probably eating separately because those SHINee people wants to train us separately or something, I didn’t really listen to them… Anyway, let’s go down to dinner, I think we are late."