The time where she keep secrets

Times and Leaves

Hyejung laid flat in her stomach and sighed sadly. She took her phone and scrolled her social medias but that didn't distracted her enough. She keep taking glances at her study table to make sure the letter won't fly away. She really want to open the envelope but she restain herself from doing that. She threw her phone away and laid at her back , stared at her room ceiling. The house a bit noisy that day because all Chanyeol's friend started to learn how to play the guitar so the noise break all the silence in the house. She sighed again and closed her eyes just to make sure she's distracted enough. But the face keep appearing and it's bother her much and that she shrieked. She sat up and ruffled her hair furiously.

" Why? Why ?" She shrieked. She laid back and tears started to stream.

Someone opened her door with rush and she quickly wiped her eyes. She turned around and saw Chanyeol , in her door looked worried. She scoffed and laid back.

" Stop make that annoying sound" He said , crossing his arm on his chest.

Hyejung rolled her eyes and her phone started to ring. She took it and accept the call. She signaled Chanyeol to go away and he only sighed before turning around.

" Hello?"

" Noona !" Someone screamed.

Hyejung put the phone away from her ears and looked at the caller. Ah , it's Yugyeom.

" What?" She said , put the phone on her ear.

" Are you at home?" He asked sounds a bit excited.

" Umm yeah.. why?"

" Nothing ! Bye !" He said and quickly ended the call. Hyejung stared at her phone and sighed. She reallyy don't know what the boy want. She rose from her bed and went downstairs. How horrid the sound was ! The guitar didn't make any beautfiul sounds like other guitar would do. She stared at disbelieved when all of them tried to play the guitar. She shooked her head and walked to the kitchen without them noticing. She saw her aunty cooking something and she patted her shoulder. Her aunty turned around and smiled softly. Hyejung only grinned and sat on the counter, munching the cookies.

" Mum" She said with mouth full with food.

She hummed in responed.

" Don't you think they going to be good within this year?"

Her aunt glanced and only smiled when Baekhyun whinning at Chanyeol that his hands already hurt.

" Who knows" Her aunt said while shrugging. Hyejung's phone chirmed and she looked at  it and saw a message from Yugyeom.

From : Yugyeom

Do you want anything?

To : Yugyeom

If you brought me some expensive shoes the answer is yes. ( and some food) and why are you asking?

From : Yugyeom

Nothing just wondering.. what shoes?

To : Yugyeom

The one where Sandara Park always wear..

From : Yugyeom

Hah ! Typical noona

Hyejung raised an eyebrowns and shrugged.

" Yah Hyejung ! Why are you eating my cookies !" Chanyeol shouted from afar.

Hyejung stopped eating and put the last piece on the plate back. " Sorry"

" You better help me teach them guitar ! " Chanyeol shouted and Hyejung followed his order. His voice sounds scary and stress. When she arrived at the living room , she looked at them and their looks still confused. Hyejung took the guitar from Jongin and strummed it lightly.

" You can play it?" Jongin asked.

" Yes she can play it " Chanyeol answered instead Hyejung.

" You should teach them other instruments" Hyejung said , strumming.

" I got no hope from them already"

" Ouch ! That burns" Baekhyun said , earning laughed from all of them.

" You can teach them violin or piano" She said again , setting the guitar beside her.

" So you teach them?"

Their family are famous with his dad who can all sort of instrument and he used to be in a band when he was young. Chanyeol clearly took his dad step and learned all sort of instruments. Mr. Park has a room where all the instruments there. There's guitar , violin , bass , piano , keyboard and such. At first Mrs. Park it's a wasteful to buy such things when none of them can played it. But with Chanyeol it's not wasteful. Hyejung also liked to play and she learned to play guitar from Chanyeol and went to class for violin. Sometimes they even argued when Chanyeol want to play the guitar but Hyejung was practising for her violin examination.

" You teach them violin and they already puke even before started" Chanyeol said sarcasticly.

Hyejung ignored Chanyeol and hold the guitar back. " This is C " she said , strummed. All of them followed her and it's turned alright.

" See you all got it ! " She said and all of them smiled shyly. " This is E " . All of them followed her again and it's turned alright. " Okay now continued do both of the note till you get it"

" Wow.. that's easy" Chanyeol murmured.

Hyejung smiled and helped Suho with his . The doorbell rang and her mum quickly opened it. There's some rustling sounds at the door and mum peeked. " Hyejung your friend is here"

" My friend?" she said.

" You bring your friend?" Chanyeol said. Hyejung shrugged and walked to the door.

" Noona ! " Yugyeom screamed.

" Yah Kim Yugyeom ! " she said and hugged him. " What did you bring?" she said and looked at his hand and stared at the plastic bags but one of the bag attracts her.

" No way.. did you?"

" Yes ! I brought you shoes ! " He said excitedly.

" Let me take the food first and open you shoes honey"

" Yes ma'am" Yugyeom said.

" Why are you here?" Baekhyun shouted when he saw Yugyeom.

" I'm meeting with my girlfriend , can I ?" Yugyeom answered.

" Stop kidding around kid" Sehun said.

" Aren't we the same age?" Yugyeom said and Sehun was boiling inside. Hyejung quickly kicked his legs.

" Ouch honey !" Yugyeom whinned and all of them stared at them.

" Honey?" Chanyeol practically shouted.

" Don't think bad guys.. We are completely nothing" Hyejung said , pulled Yugyeom up. 

" Oh really?" Kyungsoo said.

Hyejung only shooked her head and took Yugyeom to her room.

" Yah ! Where are you going?" Chanyeol shouted. " We still haven't finished yet ! "

" You just let them repeat the two notes until you satisfied ! " Hyejung shouted from the stairs.

Chanyeol was speechless when Hyejung treat him like that. She leave him in the living room with his friends who keep staring at the couple while still confused with all this guitar thing. He felt betrayed and he hate it soo much.

leavesdivider.jpg

" So the shoes fit or not?" Yugyeom asked , munching some chips he just brought.

Hyejung who was on the floor trying the new shoes that Yugyeom brought unexpectedly for her. She pushed a little bit and stand up and walked around the room " Yah ! It's comfortable okay ! No wonder Sandara Park keep buying this brand !" She exclaimed. Yugyeom only smiled and opened a new bag of chips and continued munching.

" I know you like it . The color also pretty " Yugyeom said , drinking some water.

Hyejung took it off and put the shoes in the box back. She sat beside Yugyeom and took the chips on his hands and took a handful of it and munching it. " Why did you buy it for me? It's expensive" 

Yugyeom shrugged. " Just to cheer you up.. after..you know.."

Hyejung nodded solemnly. " Don't you have class today?"

Yugyeom stopped munching.

Hyejung already know what it's mean. She shooked her head sadly. " You shouldn't do like that"

" No worry ! I already top of the class so the teacher won't worried anything about me !"

" But-"

Yugyeom shooked his head happily. " Mum already knew about this ! She quite excited because it's been a long time you went to my house"

" You mean your mansion?"

Yugyeom only laughed and continued eating. Regarding with Hyejung that always went to Yugyeom's house ( or more specificly his mansion ) , she don't really want too actually. But with Yugyeom's begging and plea she agreed. His mum was suprised when Yugyeom brought back home a girl but soon she got comfortable with her as Hyejung is a smart kid and she also make Yugyeom's score good every examination. His mum always offered her some money but she declined as she only want to teach Yugyeom sincercly.

" If there's anything you want just give me a call " Mrs. Kim said to Hyejung and handed her one of her business card. Hyejung accept it with an open arms.

" Did you used your mum money to buy the shoes?" Hyejung said , eyeing at Yugyeom

He nodded. " And she said to me that if I brought back the shoes , my allowances will be cut out next month" He added.

" You are kidding?" Hyejung smirked.

Yugyeom turned at her and show his not-so-kidding face.

" So you are not kidding" Hyejung mumbled.

Yugyeom smiled and ruffled his noona's hair.

Someone coughed at the door and they both turned around and saw faming Chanyeol at the door. He feel betrayed by Hyejung and look what happen. Sit next to each other , in the same bed , his legs on her thigh and Hyejung's hair was messy. Chanyeol feel like punching the boy but he took a deep breath and smiled forcefully. " Mum told me to invite your friend some tea"

"Oh..Okay.." Hyejung responded and that's it. No movement or anything.

" So?" Chanyeol questioned.

" We will be right in a minute" Hyejung said , picking some trash on the floor.

Chanyeol nodded and went downstairs. He sat at the dining table where all his friends indulged snack which her mum made. He drank the whole glass of mineral water and put it down with some force. All of them stopped eating and stared at the tall boy. They all wondering what happen upstairs that makes him like that. Baekhyun nudged Suho and he shooked his head.

" You okay?" Kyungsoo asked carefully.

" Of course not ! " He snapped.

They all looked at each other and Jongin patted his shoulder as he's the nearest.

" Yugyeom-ah !" Hyejung shouted that makes all of them turned around. Hyejung was downstairs but her friend still upstairs.

" Wait I'm searching for my phone ! " He shouted back.

" It's here ! " Hyejung said , waving it.

Then Yugyeom went downstairs and hugged his noona." Aihh ! I thought it went missing like last time !"

Hyejung broked the hug but her arms still on his waist. " It wasn't missing ! Jackson and Bam Bam played some tricks on you ! "

" Aih that bastards !" Yugyeom said and they both laughed while walking to the kitchen.

" Stop touching her you ! " Baekhyun shouted with mouth full with foods.

Yugyeom stopped his tracks and glared at Baekhyun. He look at Baekhyun from the head until his toe and smirked. " What ? Do you want to fight? I'm black belt at Hapkido ! " He exclaimed , standing up.

" Hyung don't" Sehun whimpered.

" Yes hyung.. He's not worth to fight" Jongin said , glaring at Yugyeom.

Hyejung shooked her head and headed out to backyard with Yugyeom. She galred at them and slammed the door. They jumped suprised with the action and look at each other with all with the same thought. Did we pissed her out for saying things like that to her friend? Meanwhile at outside , Hyejung was shivering but don't even bother to enter the house and picked her coat. Yugyeom notice that and gave her his coat. The petite girl only smiled gratefully. It's almost dark and maybe it's time Yugyeom to go home.

" Call your driver"

Yugyeom nodded and called the driver. He ended the call with thanks and looked at his noona. " I didn't do anything stupid"

" I know" Hyejung said,hugging herself to prevent any heat to escape.

" Should I get a reward?" Yugyeom said, pointing at his cheeck.

" ert .." She muttered and gave him a light peck. Yugyeom smiled ears to ears.

" My mum almost threw our picture" She said.

Yugyeom only looked at her sadly. He knows deep in her heart she was crying just she doesn't show it.

" He gave me a letter"

" Did you open it?"

No answered instead sobbing. Yugyeom only sighed sadly and stared at teary Hyejung.

" You still love him noona"

Hyejung nodded eagerly.

" Why did you let go of him ?"

Hyejung shrugged and quickly wiped her tears. She sobbed and coughed a bit.

" No more Incheon?" Yugyeom said.

Hyejung shooked her head.

" No more him?"

Hyejung hesitated.

" You lied yourself"

" I know"

Her aunt who heard the whole conversation , opened the door and telling that Yugyeom's car already arrived. Yugyeom only nodded and went inside so he can change to his shoes. Hyejung followed him to the car and looked at him sadly. Yugyeom hugged her for the last time and kissed the top of her head. Hyejung broke the hug and smiled at him.

" Be good"

" You too" He said , entering the car. He rolled down the window and smiled again. " Love you" He said and rolled back the window. Hyejung mouthed me too and waved at him. He waved back and the car started to move and Hyejung stared at it until it lost from her sight. She turned around and saw six boys who wants explanation. She don't have any mood to explain anything at them as they treated Yugyeom like that. She went inside the house without bothering saying goodbye to them.

" We really screw up right?" Sehun said sadly.

" Yeah.." Jongin replied.

" Maybe we shouldn't treat her friend like that although her friend such an " Baekhyun added.

" Cheer up guys.. atleast we learned something new today" Suho said , trying his best to make his friends smiled but none of them reacting.

" You will talk to her right Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked.

" Of course hyung" He replied. All of them started to go home and Chanyeol entered the house rather feeling sad and betrayed. Her mum ran to him and hold him before going to upstairs. " Cheer her up.. She cried just now" Her mum said sounds sad. Chanyeol only nodded and went to her bedroom. He hesitate whether he knocked or just barge in. He sighed and entered the room. Hyejung was on the bed facing the wall. Chanyeol looked around and the room still looked the same but there's a box of shoes laying on the floor and Chanyeol was suprised when he saw the brand. He entered the room and took the shoe and examined it carefully. 

" What are you doing here?" Hyejung said , realized the presence of her cousin that looking at her brand new shoes." Put the shoes back to its place"

" Who gave you the shoes?" Chanyeol asked curiously, waving the shoes.

" Just pu the shoes back to the box" she said,sitting up. Chanyeol did and stared at her.

Hyejung sighed . " Yugyeom gave it to me"

" Why?"

" Why do you care?" She snapped.

Chanyeol was taken aback but tried his best not to argue. " I care because I'm your brother"

" You are not brother of mine.. It's cousin" She said sarcasticly.

Chanyeol clenched and unclenched his fist. " I know but practically I lived with you for all of my childhood"

She scoffed. " You used to hate me"

" I was a little boy Hyejung-ah"

" What the you want from me actually?" She snapped. " I'm tired okay ! You guys treat my friend like he was a rubbish ! Yes he acted like snobbish because none of you giving him a good reaction at all ! He also there for me when I'm happy , sad or hurt but you ? No you don't" She shouted. Chanyeol looked at her disbelieved. He thought he's in a dream that he actually pinch himself but no it's reality . The reality where the first time her little sister snapped at him. He feel sad and the same time shocked.

" I'm sorry" Chanyeol muttered. That's the only word he can think at the moment.

" No I'm sorry.. I shouldn't snap at you" she said regretful. " I got many things on my head" she added.

Chanyeol sat beside her and patted her shoulder. " You could tell me"

" Maybe later not now" she said ." Now go wash yourself ! You don't smiled nice ! " she said again , smilling.

Chanyeol smiled again when he saw his cousin started to smile again that he ran to his bedroom and took a refreshing shower. After wearing his pyjamas , he laid on his bed and switched on his television. His room that only got television as he made a promise with his dad that if he got top ten in his class , his dad will buy him a television. His dad said yes because he thought his son won't got it but he did so promise is a promise.Hyejung opened the door while holding her favourite doll with her. Chanyeol smiled and patted the empty spaces next to him. Hyejung ran and laid back.

" I can't sleep"

Chanyeol only smiled and ruffled her head. " I know"

" I'm sorry"

" Me too" She said , pulling the blanket until her chin.

" My friends?" Chanyeol said , switch off the light and switch on the the sleeping light.

She yawn and snuggled. " Later I think"

" Why not now?" Chanyeol said , looking at her.

Hyejung turned around and snuggled at him. Chanyeol patted her back while her yawning getting longer. " I don't like Baekhyun"

Chanyeol smiled. " Me too"

Hyejung smiled in respond and closed her eyes completely. " Good night"

" Good night. Sweet dream" Chanyeol said. He closed his eyes and went in to the dreamland.

Outside of the room , their mum and dad eyeing at them carefully. Both of the smiled proudly and closed the door slowly.

" What happen?"

" Long story honey" and they both went to their bedroom.