THE INTERFERING MOMENTS

THE INTERFERING MOMENTS

2010

Soo Jung looked on as she sees a boy around her age looking straight at the big mirror before spinning on his hand stand and left his body die on the floor, empty from exhaustion. She heard herself asking, “What are you doing?”

He looked up and she hasn’t seen much but pure cold stare. “Dance.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


2014

“You know we need to make a good comeback even without Sulli, agreed?” she heard Victoria giving her usual leader lecture. Her friend Sulli was drowned in exhaustion of the negative attention. Soo Jung knew for a while that Sulli was exhausted. It wasn’t a group problem, but Soo Jung had known Sulli was tired with her innocent little girl image. The company sets that to her, so when she fell in love with a person that had a complete opposite image, it became a problem. People started to throw negative comments and it exhausted her. She didn’t want that.  

And now she started questioning, does she want this. She was pulled in when her sister was spotted by the agency. She was just 6 and how would she know if this is what she wanted to do. The problems that arise between her sister, Soo Yeon and her company S.M Entertainment did not help either. Soo Yeon didn’t tell her the whole story because Soo Yeon had said to her, they will always be sisters no matter what and even if Soo Yeon’s career was on the line, they should separate their amenities and Soo Jung should go on and live on her own career.

Soo Jung looked back at her unnies and she realized that it was not only her career but theirs too. She had grown too fond of these unnies that she thought Sulli was being selfish. Were the years they have been together was not enough for her friend? Or maybe she was just jealous Sulli knew what she wanted and went for it.

It was pretty exhausting. The ‘Red Lights’ promotion was almost done and all she can think of was to sleep off everything. But then her manager came and ruined things. “You have a reading for My Lovely Girl tomorrow. Don’t forget.”

Drama. Right. She had work. Work. Work. She too was exhausted and maybe she should be like Sulli. Choose.

She arrived at M Countdown and sighed. Another day. Their new album actually excites her in an artistic way, she liked the look, she liked the concept, everything was amazing. Even without Sulli, Victoria’s positive attitude leads them to do their best.

While waiting for rehearsals, she stood by the stage, waiting for their turn. Then she heard rumblings of boys behind her and she sees a boy group teasing each other.

“Oh GOT7 is also promoting!” Amber suddenly walked towards the boy group and high fived them. Soo Jung wasn’t really following the newer boy groups especially the ones from other companies.

Then her eyes sees him, the one she met before in a dance studio in JYP Entertainment. Jet black hair, chic image, serious glare and strong shoulders. Im Jaebum of GOT7 or his stage name, JB. She remembered him as a trainee when she went to JYP’s company once for a meeting about 2pm’s Hand’s Up (which she regretted not doing till now). He was practicing hard, dancing and bboying with all of his might. But then she realized something was a bit different.

He was warmer.

The person she met before had a strict icy glare and even coldly answered her. He was a boy. Now he is definitely a man, a handsome one at that.

“What are you looking at?” Soo Jung was startled when Victoria sneaked up behind her. “Yah, checking out boys?”

“No. What are you talking about,” Soo Jung quickly looked back at the stage, embarrassed and tried to hide her embarrassment. She did not just check a guy out.


Done, Soo Jung sighed. “Ah, so hungry!” If anything, food always calms her down. She craves for ramyun, somehow. “I want ramyun.”

“Yah, Soo Jung, let’s eat together after this!” Amber puts her arm around Soo Jung. “The guys are heading to Han River to eat some ramyun. Lets go!”

“Guys?” Soo Jung looked at Amber. Soo Jung weren’t exactly fond in meeting new people and being in crowds as well. Well, a group of people aren’t crowds but she don’t really do well in groups either. The last time she had meetings in groups was with her sister and a couple of fans for her reality show. If it wasn’t for her sister she would have been awkward as hell.

“Just a couple of the GOT7 kids,” Amber answered in English. Soo Jung made her face of not complying. “Come on Soo Jung! It is just 2 guys! I promise you, we’ll eat and we’ll leave whenever you want to!”

To be honest, she was very hungry and she only complied because Amber promised her they would leave when she wanted to. Plus, the GOT7 kids were about her age, she should be able to at least relate to some of the topics.

They arrived at the simple Ramyun Restaurant first and Amber was excited looking at the menu. Soo Jung’s stomach were grumbling as well looking at the other’s dishes. Amber took her phone and called up. “Jackson, where the hell are you man?! We’re starving!” Soo Jung take it Jackson is one of the people coming. He is a mood maker so she relaxed a bit, at least she won’t be awkward with one guy. “Seriously, guys don’t know they need to be punctual. Well, Jackson and Jaebum should be on their way.”

Soo Jung’s ears perked. He’s coming too? Then a series of questions hits her. What kind of person he is? What’s he like? She shakes her head. What is wrong with her?

“Ommonim! Can we order first?” They have waited but they got too hungry. Amber didn’t seem to notice that Soo Jung is fidgeting. She posted her order and Soo Jung followed suit. She just needs to eat fast and leave. She had a schedule tomorrow anyway, that would be her excuse to leave.

Just as she gives her order, a figure hovered behind her, looking at the menu in her hand and somehow ignoring that he was too close for a stranger.

“I’ll have that, and the ddukbokki,” Soo Jung hears a deep voice and she looked up to a man in a Simpson’s cap and hoodie. Im Jaebum is handsome in deed. “Noona, at least wait for us.”

“Yeah Amber, you should’ve wait!” Jackson came bouncing beside Amber. “Ommonim I’ll have whatever she’s having! She’s paying anyway.”

“What since when am I paying?” Amber scoffed.

“Since you’re the oldest here! Aha!” Jackson squealed. Jaebum sat beside Soo Jung and slowly nodded. She nodded back. “Ah, Krystal right! Hi, Jackson! Been a fan for years.” He held his hand up to her.

“Yah, where are your manners?” Jaebum hits his hand. “Anyeohaseyo, I am GOT7 JB. And this is Jackson.”

“We’re not on broadcast, hyung,” Jackson whined and he sees JB glaring at him. He retreated. “Nice to meet you.”

“Ah, it’s okay. Please be comfortable,” Soo Jung said.

“Jackson and Soo Jung are the same age, right?” Amber asked.

“Are you a 94-er?” Jackson asked.

“Ah yes,” Soo Jung answered. She was always so introverted so she was glad Jackson was very friendly. However the person next to her, he made her fidget. For some reason.

“We’re friends!” Jackson smiled. “Now this guy, hyung-nim is actually a 94-er but because of the early birthday thing he’s a year older.”

“Ah,” Soo Jung commented. “So you’re an oppa?”

She had a lot of early 94-ers telling her “Nah, it’s okay you can be comfortable!” and she had thought he would say that too. But he looked at her in a cool attitude saying, “Ah, I’m an oppa.”

“Jaebum hyung is very strict about these stuff so make sure you don’t forget the oppa term,” Jackson joked which received a hit from his hyung.

“You can be comfortable too, I don’t expect the conversation to be formal. That is alright,” he smiles a bit.

“Yah, you know how I told others younger than me to just call me Amber. This guy insisted to call me noona.” Amber eyed Jaebum.

“That is because you’re a noona,” Jaebum reasoned. “I have my own principles, leave it at that.”

That had Soo Jung. Principles. The subject actually had bothered her for days now. Principles. Sulli leaving. Her sister leaving. She looked down a bit, a bit unsure again.

“Is this the first time you guy’s met?” Amber asked.

“I’ve seen Krystal a lot on tv,” Jackson said.

“We actually met before right?” Jaebum suddenly looked straight at her and her heart stopped for a bit. “She went by our company for 2pm hyung’s Hands Up song.”

“Ah yes,” she can’t believe he remembered that brief meeting. “I thought you didn’t know who I was back then.”

“Of course I knew you. You were a celebrity.” Jaebum iterated.

“Well, you did came off with a really strong glare, I thought I was just there to ruin your training,” Soo Jung explained and she realized she had just break her own wall to this stranger. She finds herself from being very uncomfortable to just simply talking to this guy like she had known him for years.

“You mean that very mean chic look?” Jackson asked. “That is a camouflage. This guy is very cute, he does awesome aegyo.”

“Yah, Jackson, careful,” Jaebum could only warn him while smiling warmly. Jackson laughed. “But I’m not the chic style. Since I look like a cold person, I guess that modifier just stuck to me.”

“Actually you two are very similar.” Amber noted. “You both have this chic mysterious look and usually that first impression either makes you a mean guy.” Amber points at Jaebum then to Soo Jung. “Or a flat out rude .”

“Yah!” Soo Jung relented as the others laughed.

Somehow, the decision to turn in early was gone. Soo Jung find herself in comfortable conversations with friends, old and new ones and her problems went away for a bit. She didn’t think about Sulli or her sister. She was just living. So when Amber yawned and decided to call off the night, she wanted to pout and asked to stay.

“Yah, next round is on you Jackson!” Amber pointed out and Jackson feigned a shocked look.

Soo Jung felt a tap on her shoulder. “Can I borrow your phone?” She took her phone and unlocked it, giving it to him without hesitation. He dialed a number and suddenly his own phone rang. He gave back her phone. “Let’s hang out more next time, Soo Jung-ah.” He smiled and went on towards Jackson, who squealed ‘So manly’ to him.

She looks at her phone and sees his name, Im Jae Bum with his number on it.

“Aigoo, that is our Soo Jung!” Amber pats her head.

“What do you mean?” Soo Jung looked away. “It’s just his number.”

“Yah, the one thing I know about Im Jaebum is, he doesn’t hold back when he has interest in something.” Amber smiled at her friend. “Or someone.”

Soo Jung did not know how to react. It wasn’t the first time someone had shown interest in her, in fact a number had actually asked her number. Though she was always rejecting since she had withheld her work first. But Jaebum had actually put his hands on the situation first, and exchanged their numbers swiftly. It was not romantic, never cheesy and straight to the point, very much her style.

Damn you, Im Jaebum. Jung Soo Jung cursed under her breath. He got her.


Another promotion for Red Lights and she sighed as they waited in the waiting room. Victoria was seen entertaining Luna with Amber watching and laughing. Her schedules were full and just wanted to lie down. The unnies understood and stayed off her way.

GOT7’s A came about and she looked up seeing his smirk on TV. She decided to hate him a bit. Really, her heart was already in a roller coaster and he is not helping. Sure his interest in her flatters Soo Jung very much but the fact that her heart flutters on the situation just makes her limbs go weak. Damn you, Im Jaebum.

She looked at his performance and he is dashing. He was very smooth and just enough energy packed into the performance. His voice was smooth like an R&B singer would have.

Her phone suddenly buzzed and she looked at a message coming in. It was her sister, giving her a ‘fighting’. Soo Jung smiled. Soo Yeon was in the middle of a battle with the company but she stops by to send her a cheer for her group’s comeback. It is a weird place she was in right now.

Then she absent mindedly texted her back. “Unnie.” She looked at GOT7 finishing their act. “I think I like someone. What do I do?” She deleted her text. She shouldn’t bother her unnie with such thing. Everything will be fine if she just ignore the number lingering in her phone.

About 2 months went by and her drama started. Her character in the drama actually helped her a lot to not focus on the messy life surrounding her. Funny of how all the mess didn’t actually include her but affects her a lot. Sulli had begun to approach the company on not returning to the group anymore and her sister had definitely been ousted from SNSD and actually tells the whole world. Soo Yeon again insisted that even if she is in a battle of her own, Soo Yeon should just stay out of it.

It was mid October with the cool weather approaching in Seoul and Soo Jung looked into her script seriously. Everyone thinks she should break down right when Soo Yeon is in every headlines but she stayed strong and stayed focus. The producers and director applauded her for it. Though she can feel her heart breaking every second she heard her sister cry.

“Krystal-ssi, we are moving to the next scene,” she heard a crew calling her.

Soo Jung was about to leave her phone with her manager when suddenly, a text came in and she couldn’t stop from reading it. It was her sister.

“I think you should know this from me. I am planning to annul my contract with SM.”

Soo Jung finds herself freezing at those words. Her sister is planning to leave. Really leave. She was about to hyperventilate but her manager gripped her wrist.

“We can stop for today if you want to.” Her manager was concerned. She didn’t know how to respond. Suddenly, another text came in.

“I’ve sent a food truck for you and the drama crew. Fighting, Soo Jung-ah!”

Soo Jung realized something. Soo Yeon was not planning to let her throw away everything.

“No, oppa. I’ll go ahead for today.” She forced a smiled. She is a professional. Let her be professional for today.

The filming went well and she thanked God that the scene weren’t a happy scene or else she would look like a wreck on camera. She laid in her car, trying to just let sleep took over but the news of her sister leaving is really making her squirm. She had been in the company with her sister for so long and now the chances of her sister not going to be by her side just breaks her.

Should she follow her sister like she usually does? Her head and heart is in pain.

“Oppa,” she called her manager. “Drop me at Han River. I need some time alone.”

There she was staring at the blank spot from a balcony in the restaurant. She wears her hood up and silently drinks her soda. She wants champagne or beer but drinking alone would cause her trouble. She was smug at it. Even with everything she was still thinking of her image. She looked at her untouched ramyun and decided she might as well eat now.

She sees two Lamborghinis passing to the parking lot and the cars made a lot of noise. She heard two guys beside her saying her ‘Woah, Lambo!’ at the sight of the two cars. She couldn’t agree with that, it was just a car. She ignored them and continues eating.

“Jaebum hyung, I think I forgot what we were talking about,” the guy laughed and the name made Soo Jung looked at them. Right at that moment, she sees him, Im Jaebum, now staring straight at her. Jaebum broke his stare and laughed along with his companion who she believed was Bambam, a GOT7 member. Soo Jung breaks her stare and realize that she was definitely not in her best state. Hoodie, no make up and frizzy hair.

“Krystal Noona!” she heard Bambam squealing behind her. “Jaebum hyung, you were right! I’m a huge fan!”

“Yah Bambam,” Jaebum grabbed Bambam’s neck. “I told you to stay put.”

“Noona, really, I have always been a big fan! Since La Cha Ta!” Bambam was excited.

“Yah, Bambam,” Jaebum warned him.

“Noona, promise me a sign when we meet again okay! Jaebum hyung, I’ll be going first!” Bambam waved back and left them alone.

“Soo Jung ah?” she heard her name again. She sees a worried face and of course like everyone, he will ask her the basic question of if she’s okay. “You want to talk about it?” Then it hits her no one ever did asked her that. People just assume she wouldn’t be okay about it but no one actually dares to sit down and listen. Actually no, maybe people around her actually do want to listen but she won’t let them. Though Jaebum always had his ways to just let it all out there.

She sees him sitting beside her and she just somehow blurted. “Yes.”


They walked by the river and Soo Jung looked down all the time.

“I just don’t know, really. My sister kept wishing me for the best and it’s confusing since she’s fighting a battle with the company. The same company producing the group I am in right now.” Soo Jung crossed her arms, feeling a bit cold. “It just felt like I had to choose or something.”

Jaebum looked down at her and sees her actually trying to not suddenly combust. He had read about the news and really, the first thing he notice was he was sorry that sometimes, people handle things badly, whether it was from Jessica Jung or SM Entertainment, they are living in a world where it was supposed to seem guaranteed but the people inside can never take things for granted.

“What do you think, oppa?” she asked quietly. She knew that he won’t speak unless she asked, since he had promised her to not ask questions.

Jaebum looked right at her.

“I think the question is what do you think? Soo Jung.” Jaebum looked at her. She stared back at him, confused. “You keep up with your sister and you keep up with your member but what do you want to do? Outside of the drama that is your sister and your member, what would you like to do?”

It dawns her that she really didn’t know. She had always followed her sister and ended up being here as a celebrity. It felt that way.

“Hey, you want to know something.” Jaebum stopped walking. “I uh, I was lost once too. I was a complete rebel. I had the chance to be a trainee in JYP but everything they gave me like lessons and all, I sometimes refused it just because.”

“Just because?”

“Yeah, just because,” Jaebum smiled. “I would really fight off someone else if they annoyed me. My member, Junior said I was called Im-rage back then. I liked dancing a lot and I have thought once to just keep dancing and not even think about being a singer. Then I asked myself, what am I doing here? Why am I still trying to be an idol? It felt like I was blindly following nothing. But then I can’t imagine myself staying inside of an office doing paper works and copying things. I can only imagine myself dancing on stage and I still put myself on stage when I close my eyes. That alone keeps me going and for some reason I actually enjoyed it more. I mean I don’t know if I am happy with just this but I know I am not unhappy with where things are heading. Looking on the bright side I have good members, good people working around me. Yeah sure some JYP henchman gives me headache but screw them really.”

Soo Jung looks up at him.

“Now you. What do you imagine yourself doing? Without your sister.” Jaebum asked sincerely.

She spoke without a hitch. “It might be selfish but I want to keep holding on to my career.” There, that was her answer.

She saw him smiling at her. “And I bet your sister knows this too. We are all growing to be adults and it feels as if the place you can lean on is disappearing. When you’re young, there are many people who can help take care of you, but when you become an adult, you need to be responsible for yourself.”

Soo Jung smiled, and suddenly her burden was gone. She felt so light. Now she realized why she hated the fact that Sulli is leaving. It felt like her own story with her sister. Sulli left her group by choice but if they force Sulli stay with her stressed out in it, wouldn’t that make them abandoning Sulli? Sulli took the responsibility to herself. The same reasoning with Soo Yeon. It had felt like she was leaving her sister if she stayed on but it would break her too if she had left. Soo Yeon had said to put amenities away but regardless they are still sisters. Nothing can change that. Now Soo Jung understands that.

“You know what antis is going to have a hell of a ride. They’d say I abandoned my sister or the other way round,” Soo Jung sighed. That is a given.

“Well, the hell with it. Some might hate you, but a lot of people out there loves you. Think of that,” Jaebum pointed out.

Soo Jung smiled. “Thank you, oppa.”

“You know what, this is too serious for a first date thing so…” he stared off to the river.

“Oh right that, listen I…”

“Relax, I was joking. I know what rejection after 2 months of no contact.” Jaebum keeps talking. For someone chic he is very talkative.

“Oppa. I…” she looks right at him. “I was just in this bubble of confusions and I just thought… I have always thought…” She can’t really put the words. “I just don’t think the timing is right.”

Jaebum smiled as he pats her head. “Well, I hope we would cross path when the timing is right.”

He sends her back to her parent’s home and she just felt honestly guilty. She knows something about him moves her heart but she just kept pushing it away.

“Yah, Jung Soo Jung,” she heard her sister calling. “Where have you been?”

“Unnie. Why are you here?” Soo Jung was surprised.

“Family support and really, you weren’t to be seen even if I texted you. It was a clear message of ‘Baby Sis, I need you’.” Soo Yeon crossed her arms.

Soo Jung looked at her phone and sees a few message on it.

“Sorry, I was just distracted.” Soo Jung apologized. Soo Yeon looks at her sister.

“I’m sorry things are messy, Soo Jung ah.” Soo Yeon pats her sister’s arm. “But don’t worry, just keep going…”

“I’m staying with F(x).” She had to state that immediately. Soo Yeon looked at her sister with wide eyes. “I realize that now I need to be responsible for myself. But I will always be there for you, for whatever you need.”

Soo Yeon smiled and suddenly she just felt like crying. “Since when does my baby sister grew up?” Soo Yeon hugged her sister. “Yah Soo Jung, unnie might not be in the same company as you, but remember, I can always send a food truck to you!”

She laughed with her. She thought of something. “Unnie, can I tell you something?”

“Anything.” Soo Yeon lets her go, looking at her.

“I…” Soo Jung started. “I think I like someone.”

“OMG!” Soo Yeon almost yelled. “Really? Who? It is not someone rebellious or dangerous right?”

Rebellious? Was. Dangerous? His staring was dangerous.

“He is an idol.” Soo Jung sees her sister sighing.

“Yah, idols are bad as boyfriends, bad.” Soo Yeon shakes her head. “Which group?”

“JYP’s GOT7.”

“Yah Soo Jung. I have had enough scandals with JYP and now you are fond with one of them?” Soo Yeon was definitely not pleased. “Which one?”

“The leader, JB-ssi.”

“Really, why JYP?” Soo Yeon really couldn’t get pass the JYP thing that she hardly heard JB’s name. “What do you like about him? First thing that came to mind. Go.”

“He…” she remembered the first time she met him and his words clicked in her memories. “He had a dream and drew passion for it.”


2010

Soo Jung looked on as she sees a boy around her age looking straight at the big mirror before spinning on his hand stand and left his body die on the floor, empty from exhaustion. She heard herself asking, “What are you doing?”

He looked up and she hasn’t seen much but pure cold stare. “Dance.”

“Aren’t you tired? You’re sweating a lot.” She didn’t know why she was talking to this stranger.

“No. I like dancing, I like music. So even if my body just fell down, at least it grew stronger in my mind.” She sees him looking back at her. “If you think people are forcing me to be here, I am here because I wanted to.”


2014

Soo Jung went to Sulli’s house, just to see how she was doing. They are friends, still are, always will be. She knocked softly and there she was, the sweet happy Sulli smiling at her. “Yah, I thought you weren’t going to come!”

“Seriously, for someone who had trouble, you sure seem fine,” Soo Jung throw her that. They were brutally honest with each other, that image of them both were the truth.

“I’ve talked to the company, Soo Jung-ah. And also to the unnies.” Sulli looked down, calm and burden free. “I’m leaving the group but you’ll see me around. As an actress.”

Soo Jung looks at her friend. “Yah, Sulli. If it’s about us….”

“You guys are still family to me. I mean I might not be promoting with you guys any longer, but fighting F(x)! I’m cheering for you guys!” Sulli smiled. “Really, if anti fans saw us two talking like this they will be like ‘Oh Sulli is just managing her already tarnished image’.”

Soo Jung smiled. “The hell with it. Some might hate you, but a lot of people out there loves you.”

Sulli eyed her. “Did something happen to our Soo Jung? You seemed wiser.”

“Yah, can’t I be wiser?” Soo Jung hits Sulli playfully.

“I only thought you grow older and denser.” Sulli laughed.

Soo Jung rolled her eyes. Then she sees a picture of Sulli and Choiza on the table.

“How do you know if the timing is right? With oppa?” Soo Jung looked up to Sulli.

Sulli eyed Soo Jung, smiling. “It’s up to you isn’t it?” Sulli held her friend’s hand. “There’s no such thing as good or right timing, it is just you, are you really up for it?”

Soo Jung looked down. She never thought of that.

It was almost December and Soo Jung slowly called a number in her phone. She sighed, she herself had said the things where timing isn’t right and but the talk with Sulli made her think. You got to do what you got to do. But maybe she missed the timing. Ugh she hates that word now.

“Hello?” she heard a voice, gruff and tired.

“Ah hey oppa. I didn’t mean to interrupt. It’s…”

“Sorry, but GOT7 are now having a fan meeting and heaps of schedule for the next full week. So whoever you are and however you knew this number, please delete it.” Then she realized, that must have been his manager.

“Right.” She heard the manager hang up and Soo Jung closed her face with her hands, whining. “What kind of a screw up are you, Jung Soo Jung!”


Soo Jung sat by the mirror, waiting the make up artist to finish up. It was her last day of filming and she sighed in relief. At least the drama in her real life was slowing down and she is keeping up with her professional life. Her sister had the whole he said she said going on with SM but Soo Yeon comes home with a positive attitude every time. Obviously things to hurt, but they had to go on for the best.

“Aigoo, so handsome!” the hairstylist looks at his phone. “Yah, daebak! This kids are really something!”

The make up artist looks up. “Who?”

“This GOT7 kids! Ah so handsome!” he kept giggling. Soo Jung perks up.

“Ah, I only know one, the Jackson kid,” the make up artist gives in. Soo Jung listens carefully.

“You see this guy!” he showed the phone to the make up artist. “His face is made to be a celebrity! Mark! My Mark!”

“Yah… the leader, he’s quite handsome too.” She didn’t know why she was offended that they didn’t talk about Jaebum. She wanted to seal up and curl. She shouldn’t say anything.

“Oh, Soo Jung-ssi likes GOT7 too?” the hairstylist looked at her.

“I’m… I can be considered a fan.” She looked down.

“Wahhh, idol also likes idols.” The hairstylist commented. “Which one do you like? JB?”

“I like them all just fine.” She really wanted to stay out of that topic.

“Looking at JB-ssi, he really seemed like a man version of Krystal.” The make up artist commented. “Both of you are so chic.”

“Yah, Amber said that too, unnie.” Soo Jung said. “She also said at first my image was as a rude .”

Both of them laughed. “Aigoo, that is why you have so many fans, Soo Jung.” The hairstylist swiped a bit of her bangs. “Even with that kind of image, people loved you. They loved you for Jung Soo Jung, they loved you for Krystal.”

Soo Jung smiled brightly. “I know that now.”

“Yah, do you feel like a celebrity now?” they laughed together.


She was dead tired, the dinner with the crew had gone well and they ended the drama successfully. Now she was heading home, her manager bidding goodbye in front of her building. She sighed and looked down. Looks like she had a few days of vacation before turning in for another project. She was about to enter when suddenly she sees a familiar face.

Im Jaebum.

At least a big poster of him. It was GOT7’s Smart endorsement. She sighed. The guy is literally everywhere. Though without music promotions she could hardly ever see him in person, let alone talk Soo Jung realized that part of Jaebum’s charm is he was far more mature than the guys around him, the feeling of an old soul. But then his charisma in being an artiste was also a charm, being youthful as he is. Her sister once said she should never go for the Jonny Depp type, always go for the steady and mature type. If anything, Im Jaebum was definitely both.

She looked down. Seriously, the timing thing was stupid.

Then her stomach grumbles. She just had dinner but somehow, she’s hungry again. Then she decided to go for ramyun. Her parents is still in California for the moment and her sister had gone to China for business. The other members is busy with their schedules, all alone for tonight.

She changed into a big hoodie and mask, rubbing off all make up and done a cap. She doesn’t care if someone recognize her really. It is what it is and she’s hungry so she had gone out to find food.

She recognizes the shop obviously, the time Amber had bring her and the time Jaebum had gone up to her and exchanged cellphone numbers. Soo Jung never called again since she gets a warning from his manager and decided maybe it is for the best. She silently eats and she looks up as others come and go with group of friends.

She, however, eats alone and in South Korea, if you eat alone it just looks sad.

Though the world moves in ways she never expected. She looks up and sets her eyes on the guy she had been thinking of. There he was, Im Jaebum looking back at her, smiling. It wasn’t a poster, it was him in his handsome stand.

“Yah, Soo Jung-ah. Having supper?” he asked warmly.

Timing is never there, only you could decide what to do. Is she up for it?


She was interviewed in a magazine, and she looked quite the charming girl. The question was asked, how did she feel about dating?

 "If I could, I would be open to the idea of getting into a relationship now, and I don't think my work would get in the way of that," said Soo Jung in the magazine. "I don't really want to date in public, though. I don't think it would be a very good idea."

Soo Jung finished her interview and sighed in relief. Today’s work, done.

Her phone went off and the screen showed her a picture of a very familiar guy. She smiled.

“Hi oppa!”

THE END