Chapter 7: That's NO NO

A Week with iKON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boys, boys, boys.

What do I expect from them? Of course none of them knows how to cook real food but I have nothing loud to say about that because kitchen is also totally not the place I would be. Apparently, Yunhyeong knows a little about grilling and Donghyuk knows when food tastes well so they we're involuntarily volunteered by everyone to be in charge of cooking.

"Choose two people to help you." Cooking is not an easy task so they will sure be needing more hands to work with.

"Uhm..." Donghyuk started thinking whilst tapping his foot on the floor and his left hand on his chin

"Hyerin and Hani!" Exactly pointing his finger to the two of us.

"Me?" She verbalized my thoughts. That is entirely what I am thinking. Why me?

"You two look like you're good at cooking." Tell me guys, do we resemble a pot or a knife or a chopping board for him to think that way? He's all wrong with his assumptions.

"I hope you won't regret this."

I can cut onions and taste food. Is that not enough? I've cooked absolutely nothing in my entire life yet, I have only watched my mother do it and she does it effortlessly and I doubt if it really is. Do you know the saying seeing is learning? Let's see if it applies to me.

"So, what's good? And at the same time, easy to cook?" Yunhyeong opened the fridge to check the available ingredients.

"Ramyun?" I agree. At times like this, having ramyun on the fridge is very much useful.

"No we can't have it. It's past 6, we'll get bloated and the shoot proceeds tomorrow so no, no ramyun."

"Hyung, I don't swell."

"I do." He put his index finger up to show strong rejection towards the ramyun. 

Poor idols.

Being no one is better than being an idol afterall. At least I can eat ramyun anytime without worrying about my appearance or my weight.

"I have no idea how we can make this task possible. I have never held a knife before." Her rants are quite useless. Thinking of a way to fill everyone's stomach is a preferable thing to do.

"How about ordering out?" My idea is so great. What is technology for? We can call any fast food restaurant now and poof, we'll satisfy ourselves in an instant.

"They can't deliver here."

"Why?"

"Let's say its too far from civilization." I didn't think of that! Relaxing places are always far from the city. Meaning we are far from accessibility. Too far that if bad guys force their way in and try to do something to us, we can't even call the police for help. How nice.

"Okay we have eggs, tuna, meat...Wait, do you really not know any dish?" He uttered out of frustration as he closed the fridge door feeling hopeless and pointless to enumerate the ingredients.

"Hyung, you know me well." Donghyuk smiled awkwardly.

I didn't answer but I guess they knew just from my expression. I'm no helpful in this area.

Then there we were waiting for a miracle to happen. We pondered with our thoughts even if we all knew nothing would come out of it. The long pause was put to a stop by an abrupt reaction from Hani.

"Oh!" Almost jumping from her feet.

"What is it?"

"I suddenly remembered I was taught to cook a simple dish but it's not Korean."

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?"

"I said I just remembered... besides I'm not sure if I recall it right."

"Doesn't matter. Any cuisine will do than starving to death!" I see a ray of light shining upon us. Are we desperate to eat? You tell me. Obviously, hunger would turn anyone to a predator. Hunger isn't even the term to describe it now, more like starving.

"It's a Filipino dish called Adobo." She walked to the fridge and selected the ingredients that she knows go in the dish. We don't know anymore. We are just letting her do what she thinks is right because right now, no one is better here than her.

Hani told us that she once went to the Philippines to spend summer and their tour guide taught them how to cook that dish.

How kind of me, I volunteered to chop. You know why? Ask these cowards. I kind of feel bad for these boys because even if they are masculine and manly on stage or on cam, they change 360 degrees in front of a knife.

"Be careful."

"Thanks, Donghyuk." I gave him a smile but seriously? I am an ace in chopping, no need to worry. I've done this million times when mom is cooking. I'm actually a helpful daughter you know.

I began washing the onions and the pork. After doing so, I placed them carefully on the chopping board and started working the knife on it. 

"Medium cubes for the pork, Hyerin."

"Got it." Then she continued prepating the other things that she will be needing.

I think we don't need the boys anymore. Their constant 'ooh's and 'woah's as they watch us do our tasks were just adding to the noise and are not much of a help either but since they were the ones who should be doing this instead, Hani told them to boil some eggs then wash and peel potatoes instead to prevent their amazement from bothering us.

•••••

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter