Chapter 1.

You are a blessing in my life!

Monghyun:

 

Monghyun noticed that her husband wasn’t home at all, she thought that maybe if she goes to hang out with her friend she might get things off her mind. She decided to dress up to meet up with her friend that she hasn’t seen since he went to study abroad. As she got her bag, she went downstairs to find her father in law sitting on the couch while his wife, Deuk Hee was serving him tea.

-Hello father.- Monghyun bowed to her father in law

-Hello Monghyun, are you going somewhere? Are you going to meet with Hyuntae outside?- He asked.

-No father, I actually wanted to ask you if I could go out to meet with an old friend of mine who I haven’t seen since we were in college.- Monghyun said.

-Yes go ahead! Go meet up with your friend instead of being locked in here. Go and have fun!-He said laughing. Monghyun bowed to say goodbye and she felt the glare that her step-mother in law was giving but she just ignored and walked out the door.

 

Monghyun was at the park waiting for her friend, she checked her phone to see if she was at the right park that her friend had told her to go to. She was waiting and waiting, until she saw a huge bear creeping up on her. She yelled in shocked and behind the huge bear there was the person who she was waiting for. Lee Jong Suk.

-Oppa!- Monghyun yelled in excitement and gave her friend a huge hug! He was dressed in a nice suit, just like a chaebol.

-Monghyun! I missed you so much!- Jong Suk said as he hugged her tightly. They broke their hug and gave each other a huge smile.

-Since when did you get here?- She asked.

-I just got here yesterday and I asked all our classmates to see if they have your number and they gave it to me. I wanted to see you so bad, Monghyun!- Jong Suk said as he ruffled her hair.

-Well then, now that we are here! Let’s not waste time and have fun like we use to.- Monghyun said as she took his arm to pull him to go.

-Let’s go!- Jong Suk said.

 

The good friends were catching up on everything, but Monghyun did not mention she was married she just didn’t want to bring her marriage up. They went to go eat yummy food, went to the arcade to play games as how they use to go, and did many things together as how they use to do. Time was going by fast and it was past 9:00 pm, but Monghyun hasn’t had this much fun since she got married to Hyuntae. The two good friends finally went back to the park where they met and sat down to talk some more.

-Monghyun there is something that I have to tell you.- Jong Suk said while Monghyun was all ears. –When I was studying abroad and whenever I felt lonely, you will always be the person I would be thinking of. And I thought I was missing my friend but as the days went by, I realized that my feelings weren’t for a friend but for you to be part of my life. Monghyun I am confessing to you that I am in love with you.- Jong Suk said as he looked at Monghyun’s face that looked confused. –I’m sorry, maybe I should have given you a heads up.

Monghyun felt so heartbroken that it was too late for him. –Lee Jong Suk, I didn’t know that you felt that way for me. But I’m actually married. – Monghyun showed him her hand. –I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you before.

Jong Suk was in shocked but something in him told him that it’s not too late. –Since when?

-Two months ago.- Monghyun said.-I really don’t know what to say but I’m really sorry. I think I have to go. – Monghyun stood up and was about to leave until he held onto her hand and turned her to give her a tight hug.

-Why don’t you sound happy? Is it really too late for me? Monghyun, I crazily thought about you every day. I actually knew that you were married one of our college friends told me when I went to go ask for your number.

Monghyun separated from his embrace and just left without saying goodbye, she was shocked by his sudden confession.

 

 

 

Hyuntae:

 

Hyuntae arrived at his house at 11:30 pm and his father was waiting for him in the living room, Hyuntae bowed at his father to say hello.

-Where have you been?!- Father shouted. –Do you not know what time it is?! Where were you!

-I was at my mom’s house, I had dinner over there and I just lost track of time father. – Hyuntae answered his father. Father look at him suspiciously and Hyuntae was getting nervous because might know that his girlfriend is living at his moms house.

-Well father I’m going to upstairs to see my wife. –Hyuntae said as he was about to leave upstairs.

-Your wife isn’t home. –Father said and made Hyuntae stop his steps.

-What do you mean? She is not home? Where did she go? – Hyuntae asked. Father looked at him angry. –You are her husband you should know where she goes and what she does?! She probably is on her way, you wait for her here until she gets back, UNDERSTAND!!!- Father yelled and went inside his room to go to sleep.

Hyuntae looked at his phone to check if he hasn’t any text messages from her or miss calls. He didn’t have any missed calls, not even one. He started to wonder where she is and started to worry for her. He dialed her number but her phone was off. At the moment, Monghyun came home.

-Hey where were you?- Hyuntae asked but Monghyun ignored him and went upstairs to their room, Hyuntae followed her. As they were in their room, Hyuntae noticed that she was bothered by something. Monghyun put her bag away and noticed that Hyuntae was staring at her.

-When did you get home?- Monghyun asked.

-A few minutes before you did. Where were you? – Hyuntae asked. –Why do you look bothered by something?

Monghyun was going to tell him what happened but she thought it shouldn’t matter. –It’s nothing, I’m tired I’m going to sleep.- Monghyun didn’t even bother to change her clothes she just got under the covers and just went to sleep. Hyuntae knew something was wrong with his wife and he didn’t like seeing her this way.

 

The next morning everyone was at the table eating breakfast and Monghyun was still bothered by the sudden confession of Jong Suk. Hyuntae was looking at her and was worried for her and knew that she wasn’t in the right state of mind to do anything and if she stays and does chores she might cause an accident. Which is why he had the idea to take her out the whole day and maybe she might tell him what is bothering her.

-Father I’m going to take out Monghyun the whole day.- Hyuntae said. Monghyun was surprise that Hyuntae was going to take her out.

-No! Who is going to help me around here?- Deuk Hee said. –She already went out yesterday and came home late, what kind of manners are those.

-Sorry for coming home late.- Monghyun apologized.

-Is it wrong for a married couple to go out? That’s fine Hyuntae, go ahead take your wife out.-Father said.

-Who is going to help me clean?- Deuk Hee asked.

-What is there to clean? This house is always clean and don’t worry about it!- Father said.

-Thank you father!- Hyuntae said .

 

As Hyuntae took Monghyun to an outside mall, to see if she wanted to buy something. But Monghyun didn’t seem interested she was just walking past the stores and thinking and thinking. Hyuntae couldn’t take it anymore and took her by the hand and led her to a place where there aren’t many people.

-Monghyun tell me what’s wrong?- Hyuntae asked.

-It’s nothing!- Monghyun yelled out of frustration. Hyuntae grabbed her by her two shoulders to stay put. –Don’t tell me it’s nothing, when you are like this?! – Hyuntae yelled. At the moment someone pushed Hyuntae hands off Monghyun shoulders. Monghyun looked at person and it was Lee Jong Suk.

-Jong Suk!- Monghyun was surprise to see him. Hyuntae was surprise to see that his wife knows this man.

-Are you being bothered by this man?- Jong Suk asked Monghyun.

Hyuntae laughed a little. –Excuse me but you shouldn’t in other people business!- Hyuntae said annoyed.

-Jong Suk, don’t worry my husband and I were just talking.-Monghyun said.

-Let’s go talk somewhere else Monghyun.- Hyuntae took Monghyun’s hand and as they were about to leave, Monghyun felt her other hand being grabbed which made them stop. Hyuntae looked at him grabbing her hand and he was feeling fire inside of him.

-Monghyun remember I’m here whenever you are having a hard time.- Jong Suk said.

Hyuntae pushed his hand off her hand. –Don’t worry she has me.- Hyuntae said and left with Monghyun. 

 

 

…..