Love at first sight AU: 'All of the cliche...'

Of Cliches and Coffee Shop AUs

Baekhyun let out a content sigh as the aroma of coffee flooded his senses. He swirled the cup a couple of times, oddly enjoying the patters the foam made in the cup before taking a long draught.

“Enjoying the coffee, Baekhyun-ssi?”

“Like always, Taemin, and I’ve told you before, just call me hyung. You’ve known Soo’s boyfriend for longer than I’ve known the kid so I don’t see why you always speak so formally to me.” Baekhyun said, tutting but giving a friendly smile to the younger while he shook his head. Sure, he may not have known Taemin for long and had only met him because he was a friend of his best friend’s boyfriend and the two of them had eagerly suggested the café to him (since they both knew how picky Baekhyun could be with his coffee) but he had taken a liking to ‘Why So Serious?’ (Though he had questioned the name of the café multiple times, only to get a response of ‘who knows why. Manager-hyung chose it.’ To which Baekhyun would laugh and reply with ‘Minho-hyung is a weird one, especially to employ a bunch of guys like you~’) and in turn had gotten to know the younger quite a bit.

And all of his friends, too.

“Aish, freedom at last! Yah, Tae, my shift’s up so see you later!”

Speak of the devil.

“Key-hyung, why do you always complain like working here is slave labour or something?” Taemin asked, shaking his head at the other.

“Because it is, I swear Minho’s a slave-driver- there’s a sale on a snapback I’ve been wanting for months just across the street and Minho wouldn’t let me take even a five minute break to go and get it- what if someone else bought it while I was stuck working here-” Kibum went on with the same rant until an amused voice called from the back of the shop to him.

“Yah, Kim Kibum if you think I’m that much of a slave driver then I can always fire you and you can just work somewhere else~” Called Minho from the back room.

“Nah, I’m good thanks old man, I like my money so I think I’ll grace you with my presence for just a little longer because I’m just that generous to you guys~” Kibum replied, swiping his ID card and making his way to the door, but not before he was stopped by Baekhyun.

“Yah, Key-hyung, you realise that calling Minho-hyung ‘old man’ makes you ‘older man’ right? You’re older than him, remember?” Baekhyun called before taking another sip of his coffee. Kibum simply laughed before responding.

“You’d better keep the sass in check, Byun, or I may have to go all ‘there can only be one’ on your because everyone here knows that’s totally my job here.” He called, walking out the door after having officially clocked out.

“Yeah, yeah, you know asking me not to sass is like asking you not to buy that snapback of yours~” Baekhyun called at him at him as he left receiving a laugh before Kibum was gone down the street. Baekhyun in turn chuckled to himself before going to take another sip of coffee only to find it was entirely empty.

“Yah, Taemin, can I get another coffee over here, I’m running dry~” Baekhyun called, lifting his cup to the other who took it and made his way over to the counter with the tills to brew some fresh coffee but not before the bell at the door rang indicating someone’s entrance to the café.

“Don’t look now but a freaking giant just walked in and he’s pretty hot too~” Taemin whisperd oh-so-subtly before finally standing up straight and bowing. “What can I get you?” He asked the tall man who waved his hand dismissively before conveniently taking a seat at the very same table as Baekhyun.

“Surprise me, I’m not too picky.” He said and Baekhyun was surprised to find that this man had a voice that seemed too deep to fit in with the rest of him. The rest of him? Well, he might have been some kind of giant but he was…well…freaking adorable, if Baekhyun were to tell the truth. Like, little-kiddy kind of cute. It was fascinating really how someone could be so cute and yet so attractive all at once and he certainly hadn’t noticed he was staring.

“If you’re going to enjoy the view then could you at least introduce yourself first? I’d like to know whose drinks I’m paying for~”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened for a fraction of a second when he realised that the giant was talking to him before he laughed and clapped his hands.

“Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun, and ten out of ten on the opener. Such originality, much uniqueness~” Baekhyun said and paused for a moment before adding, “What about you? I’d like to know who’s buying my coffee on this fine morning~” He asked, raising an eyebrow towards the other.

“It’s Park Chanyeol and are you always this sassy with people Baekhyun-ssi?” Chanyeol asked, also raising an eyebrow in return. At that moment Taemin made his way over to their table and placed both of their coffee’s down.

“Yeah, pretty much. He and Key-hyung –who left just before you walked in, you might have seen him going over excitedly to the store across the road muttering to himself about a snapback he wanted- are always arguing over who has more sass here. Key-hyung usually wins though. No one beats him and his diva-ness.” Taemin said and grinned at Baekhyun who flicked him on the forehead in response.

“Yah, Taemin! You know that’s a lie! I totally beat that hyung’s any day! Anyway you have other…work stuff…to be doing so go do that stuff!” Baekhyun said, huffing in a slightly childish manner which made Chanyeol laugh. Taemin complied with a roll of his eyes and went over to clean some of the equipment behind the counter.

“So, how old are you? It would be nice to know if you’re a hyung or not.” The giant asked Baekhyun who came out of his mini-sulking-bout at a surprising rate upon being spoken to.

“’92 liner over here. May 6th. You?”

“Same over here, actually, except I’m November 27th so I’m younger than you. Small gap but I met you all of ten minutes ago so let’s just go with hyung~” Chanyeol said, taking a long drink of coffee.

“That’s cool with me, so, college student, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, calling over to Taemin both for a refill on his coffee which had disappeared surprisingly fast as well as a cookie because he was feeling hungry and well, if he wasn’t paying, why not?

“Yeah, Culture and Art Management, you?”

“Vocal and Choral studies and Performing Arts combined honours.” Baekhyun replied oh so wonderfully through a mouthful of cookie.

“Oh?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the elder over his coffee cup. “So I’m going to assume you can sing?” He said, though it wasn’t really a question of whether he could sing as opposed to him actually asking the other to sing. Baekhyun seemed to get the message as he took one last sip of his coffee before setting the cup down and opening his mouth to sing.

“Dasi chajaon neowa naui gyejeore
Gieokhal su issgessni
Ttururururuttuttuttu oh yeah all right

Neoreul mannan geol haengunira saenggakhae
Uri dasi mannamyeon
Malhae jullae

Fly to you naegyeote isseojwo
You’re beautiful~”

When he finished singing, Baekhyun sort of awkwardly coughed as his face turned rapidly red and he spoke again. “I, uh, wanted to be an idol when I was younger but my parents couldn’t afford to send me over to Korea where the rest of our family is, so I’m just sort of stuck here really. It would have been nice though.” He then stopped for a moment before Chanyeol also placed his cup down and began to sing. “Wh-”

“Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you

I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh oh~”

His voice was a little rougher than Baekhyun’s and substantially deeper too but it still had a certain je ne sais quoi to it. When he finished, he didn’t miss a beat before he spoke.

“Yah, Taemin-ssi, can I get some foam and one of those metal stirring stick-things over here for my coffee?” He called and Taemin gave him an odd look but complied, going over to one of the machines and filling a pot with pure foam and taking over one of said stirring rods as asked. “Thanks~” Chanyeol said, grinning, and dipped the rod in the foam before seemingly pointlessly swirling it around the cup.

“Hey, Chanyeol, you have a really nice voice for someone who doesn’t sing much~” Baekhyun said after a moment or two.

“Why thank you. How’d you know I don’t sing often?”

“It’s just something I can usually tell by hearing someone’s voice. Not sure how, just can. But you have a nice voice anyway, it has emotion to it and it’s relatively smooth and quite deep, makes me think of the ocean, I could probably drown in it just the same and I just said that last bit out loud didn’t I?” Baekhyun said and it would seem his verbal filter decided now would be a good time to fail him. Chanyeol laughed however and put down the metal rod on the table beside his cup before standing up. “What’re you-?” Before Baekhyun got the chance to even finish his question, he was more than a little surprised to find a pair of lips on his own. Baekhyun was so shocked by the act that he didn’t really respond and it was over before he’d barely processed what was going on. Chanyeol laughed yet again when he pulled way far enough to see Baekhyun’s face –or more accurately, how red it had gotten.

“Byun Baekhyun, do you believe in love at first sight?” It took Baekhyun several seconds to process this before he could formulate an answer in his mind and even longer to get that answer from his brain to his mouth.

“Well I didn’t until today, but I didn’t know of the existence of Park Chanyeol yet so what did I know?” Baekhyun eventually said, essentially forgetting that there was another being in the room known as Lee Taemin who was recording everything to show to his hyungs later. Chanyeol stood up straight after that and grabbed his coat, put down the necessary money on the table for Taemin and made his way towards the door.

“Well then, call me Baek, I’d like to take you on an actual date that doesn’t consist of a stranger buying another stranger’s coffee~” Chanyeol shouted before walking out the door. Baekhyun stared at the door after him in confusion.

“How do I call someone if I don’t have their number?” Baekhyun asked to no one in particular as Taemin made his way over to pick up Chanyeol’s cup only to make an odd surprised sort of sound. “What on earth was that sound for?”

“Look at the cup, Baekhyun-hyung, there was a reason he wanted that foam and metal rod.” Taemin said, putting the cup back down on the table and pushing it towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked inside the cup to see what Taemin was talking about and instantly facepalmed. Sure enough, there was a series of numbers written in foam in the remaining coffee in the cup.

“Really Chanyeol? You couldn’t just give me your number like any normal guy?” He said, even though Chanyeol was long gone by now. “Oh whatever, I’ll just give him a call later anyway…that man is seriously all of the cliché…”

 

A/n: Okay…so…that happened. Welcome to the first chapter of ‘Of Clichés and Coffee Shop AUs’?

Most of this is absolute word vomit seriously wow

Hope you enjoyed this? The next chapter will be SEVENTEEN based (SoonHoon ftw~~~) and I’m the one after that’ll probably be SHINee? If genderbending happens I can almost guarantee it’ll be SHINee. Genderbending those guys is fun.

 

Anyway, comment subject over here is just general requests really and will be throughout the fanfiction. Any pairing from any group I listen to. I promise I will make a list and do as many as I can. If requests get closed then I’ll let you know. But for now, go wild! Any and every cliché is welcome as is literally any pairing- this is a girl who ships Lay and Tao. And has two really odd cross-band crack ships. I’m cool with literally anything so go wild~

As for updates of TVATC- I had written about half of the next chapter but it got deleted when someone turned my laptop off and I hadn’t saved so I lost most of it- I’ll have to rewrite it when I have the time and motivation.

In case anyone doesn’t know- The song Baekhyun sang was ‘Beautiful’, the OST for EXO Next Door which was written by Chanyeol and Sung as a solo by Baekhyun. The song Chanyeol sang was ‘All Of You’, which he did a cover of not too long ago now(?) and his English is freaking amazing. Yes I could definitely drown in the voice please and thank you I would gladly take that as how I go when I die.

~Little Miss Otaku~