Final

Thunder

78d899343fe795013a43900936a666de.jpg

Author POV

 

  Normally Mya would be able to keep calm whenever thunder was happening. She never once thought she was afraid of it. Thinking about it, she probably never felt scared since she would have someone by her side. Today Junhyuk wasn’t coming home early, because of practice. It randomly started thundering today, so that left Mya and her dog, Aria, at home scared.

 Mya was trying to distract herself by watching some TV with Aria on her lap. She was going to text Junhyuk to see what time he was coming home, but she didn’t want to bother him. The television didn’t really help her. She was going to try to sleep, but she kept tossing and turning. It was currently 12:42am. “I guess it won’t hurt to try to fall asleep again.” Mya said out loud from seeing Aria sleeping peacefully. She curled up on the couch and watched TV trying to doze off. All of a sudden the thunder got stronger. Mya started shaking out of fear. She decided to go in their shared room and hide under the blankets. All of a sudden she felt the bed move, so she looked out of the covers. She saw Junhyuk looking at her with a frown. He hated seeing her so vulnerable and scared. Junhyuk put her head on his lap and covered her ears while he leaned against the headboard. He started her hair hoping she would fall asleep, but she kept squirming. Junhyuk put his lips to her ear and whispered, “I’m here everything will be alright.” Then kissed her cheek and her hair. That’s all it took for her to calm down and fall asleep. After Mya feel asleep Junhyuk dozed off.

 The bright light woke up Mya the next morning. She looked up and saw Junhyuk was still sleeping. All she could think was how much she loved him. He made her feel protected and loved. She looked at the clock and saw it was only 7:00am. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt to sleep some more.” Mya thought. She gave Junhyuk a kiss on the cheek careful not to wake him up and went back to sleep on his lap.