Rejection

The Series In Our Finale

Jeonghan was getting ready for his dramatic prom-posal to a girl from the cheerleading club, "Are you and Hoshi really not going to prom?" He askedbut Woozi seems to be so indulged in whatever he was doing, added by the fact that he has his earphones on.

Jeonghan went to him and unplugged the earphones from his ears, "I'm asking you if you're really not going to prom"

"I already said I'm not"

"You are fully aware that you and Hoshi are the only ones not going, aren't you?"

Woozi nodded lazily.

"Ahuh and can you give me atleast one valid reason?" Jeonghan asked as he took out two neckties from his drawer, "Which is better?"

"I don't even have anyone to go with so why bother?" He scratched his head, "The one on the right" he pointed.

"Same goes for Joshua and Chan but they're still going anyway cause they ain't party poopers, am I right?"

Joshua nodded and laughed, "Why don't you ask Dani? Aren't you two close? Are you worried you guys would get awkward?"

"Oh they're already awkward" Jeonghan laughed.

"We're not!"

"Sure you guys are~"

"We really aren't! We just had a little misunderstanding, okay?" He sighed, "Besides, I bet she's already going with Vernon"

"Oohh so this is how the salty Woozi tastes like" Jeonghan acted like he's spitting making Joshua laugh."How about Hoshi?" He asked again.

Woozi shrugged, "You know he hasn't been talking to anyone and if he would, he won't talk about these things"

"He hasn't even been answering Yeseul's calls" Joshua added, "She's so worried about him"

"Speaking of calls! This guy here..." Jeonghan put his arm around Woozi as if choking him, "..hasn't been answering Dani's calls either."

"Really? Dude, I barely say this to anyone but wow you're sooo stupid"

"See! That's already Joshua speaking. Joshua, the love guru"

Jihoon's eyebrows twitched.

"Man, he wants you to ask her to prom!!!!" Jeonghan exclaimed.

"That doesn't automatically mean that" he laughed, "As you just said, Yeseul has also been calling Hoshi. Pretty sure she's already going with Mingyu"

"Oh my god, I barely say this to anyone twice but man you're sooo stupid"

Jihoon sighed, "Ahhh what is it again?"

"Did Vernon beat you to death?" Joshua cannot believe the younger's idiocy. He isn't normally this dense.

"Bottomline! Joshua and I dare you to ask Dani to be your prom date" Jeonghan grinned.

Jihoon shook his head in disbelief.

"C'mon, man. We're doing you a favor here"

"Do you want us to help you? Like set up a plan or what?" Jeonghan asked, "We'd be willing to"

"Aish" Jihoon surrendered, "Whatever, I'll just ask her out....casually....in private"

****

"SEUNGCHEOL!!" Seokmin ran towards Seungcheol in the hallway covered with sweat, "I....." He tries to catch his breath,"I GOT BAD NEWS FOR YA!!!"

"Just make sure it's something i'm interested in. I don't wanna waste my time. I still have something important, probably more important than this, to do" he said as he smelled the bouquet of roses in his hand and smiled.

"SUJEONG!!! She's......she's!!"

"She's what?"

"She's going to prom with Wonwoo!!"

Seungcheol's eyes widened, his grip on the bouquet tightened, "What? A-Are you sure about this???"

"Vernon and I heard it!! Just this morning!!!"

Seungcheol's jaw dropped..

"I-I don't believe this.. I'll have to hear it from her"

"It's normal to not believe this but I'm telling you, Cheol. You'll just get hurt."

Seungcheol's eyes twitched and walked past him as Dokyeom looked at him in pity.

"Poor boy" he shook his head.

 

"So you're planning to ask her today?" Yeseul asked as they were walking upstairs. Vernon nodded as a response. They're planning to do an ambush promposal to Dani but turns out she's already in school, "You can just wait here in front of our room's door. I'll bring her back" She said and flee.

"I'm getting nervous, Dokyeom oh my god It's now hitting my spines!!" Vernon jumped up and down, "Dokyeom! Dokyeom! Hey--" Dokyeom dragged him down, the both of them now ducking.

"Did you hear that?" Dokyeom asked Vernon as he stick his ear to the door. Curiosity replaced the nervousness in Vernon so he also did the same thing.

"....and I've decided to man up before someone else does.. Sujeong, Will you go to prom with me?" A low male voice was heard.

"OH MY GOD????" Vernon and Dokyeom faced each other.

"We gotta tell this to Seungcheol!!!" Dokyeom stood up but this time, he was the one pulled down by Vernon.

"Wait! We haven't heard of Sujeong's answer yet!" He almost yelled. The two boys went back to their eavesdropping business.

"...I'd love to go to prom with you...."

Vernon and Dokyeom's eyes widened in extreme shock. They both stood up abruptly. Their jaws dropping, it's as if like they were the ones rejected.

"We really need to tell this to Cheol" Dokyeom muttered, eyes still wide.

***

Everyone was so busy for the prom night. It's the first time their school has set up an event like this that's why everyone is getting so worked up.

Mingyu and Yeseul arrived in front of their classroom that seemed to be vacant at this hour.

"Where is everyone?" Yeseul asked innocently.

"They all had their own schedule, most probably"

"Then what are we doing here?" Yeseul tugged at Mingyu but the latter replied not, and instead, opened the door.

Yeseul gasped, seeing that the room wasn't totally vacated, "Hoshi?" She looked at Mingyu. She was so nervous about this but he just showed a toothless smile at her which got her so confused.

"It's okay" he motioned for her to go inside but she was still hesitating, "I swear it's okay" he giggled, "I'll be waiting for you downstairs"

Yeseul pursed her lips and faced Mingyu one more time as she went inside.

Hoshi, on the other hand, was facing the huge windows. It was a bright afternoon, the sun lighting up the whole room.

Yeseul moved forward...towards him, "Hi"

"Mmm" he replied, without any signs of emotion.

"You haven't been answering my calls"

"I always miss it, I don't often use my phone" of course it was a lie.

"And you haven't been hanging out with anyone either"

Hoshi just his lips and looked down. He knew where this is going.

"I...just wanna apologize"

"Do you even know what you're apologizing for?" Hoshi laughed.

"I didn't mean to sleep on your bed. I wasn't in the right mind. And Mingyu was no good either. This whole thing was a misunderstanding The three of us--"

"Do you know why I got mad at you that day?"

"Y-you were drunk"

"You don't even have the slightest clue" he shook his head.

"Why are you being like this? What do you want me to do?"

"Did you think it's that easy? Did you think that was all? Do you know the reason why I got myself drunk? DO YOU REALLY THINK IM THAT SHALLOW?!" He slammed his fist on the desk.

Yeseul's hands were trembling.Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe Mingyu shouldn't have left them there.

"Yeseul, the fact that I got beaten by Mingyu physically?" Hoshi brushed his hand through his hair, "That was nothing compared to when he beat me in your heart" He was starting to lose his cool again, "You're asking me what I want you to do? Can you break up with him?!!"

She stayed silent.

"Speak up! Didn't you say you wanted to talk?" He looked at her. His eyes looking like they could pierce through your soul.

"You know I can't do that.."

"That's why just leave me be!!" He sat brushing his hands on his face,
"Leave me be!!" He shook his head, "You know It's....it's just so unfair.. Why do I have to work for everything I want and some people just get to have everything they want? Why am I being punished like this?"

His words were getting sharper every minute. She knelt beside him and cried, "I..i'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't know I am hurting you... I'm sorry I can't leave him."

"I know" he bit his lip and leaned his head on one of the chairs, "You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault that I fell for you...that's why I can't force you to love me back. And besides, I'm happy that you're happy" he breathed, "The reason why I isolated myself is because I wanted to move on....So let's not be friends for now. Yeseul, please, Help me get over you"

He stood up and dusted his pants, "By the way, I'm not going to prom" he smiled....for the first time in a while.