Final

Catch Me If You Can

Henry glared at the woman in front of him, who was not meeting his eyes. He then gazed at the girl she was holding, his gaze immediately softening. 

"Amber." He called.

The said girl looked up, eyes wavering as if debating whether to run away or not. "Yeah?" Her voice stayed the same, Henry concluded. She was still boyish, but there was a different aura surrounding her. An warm aura that reminded him of his mother.

"Why did you disappear?" He asked, truly curious. He's been finding her for almost 4 years, and what great luck he has when he saw her walking near the SJ building. 

Amber smiled, but it never quite reached her eyes. "Because I'm tired of pretending, Henry." 

He furrowed his brows. Pretending of what? He was about to ask when the girl woke up and started to cry. Her cries echoed inside Henry's office. Amber shushed her, softly humming a lullaby. It seemed to calm the girl down, as her cries lessened.

After making the girl go back to sleep, Henry asked. "What's her name?"

"Amy." And Henry saw how she smiled after saying it. How her eyes softened every time she gazed at her daughter. How they sparkled every time she talked about her. It took his breath away at how beautiful she is, and he smiled. Then, she turned to smile at him, and Henry forgot how to breathe for a moment. "Her name's Amy Charlotte Liu."

And just like that, Henry's smile vanished. His brows furrowed. "Liu? Her surname's Liu?"

She nodded. "Yes, her surname's Liu. Is there anything wrong with that?"

"Amber, tell me the truth. Is Amy my daughter?" He asked, and he saw how her eyes widened. He saw in her eyes the panic and anxiousness that she was feeling. Henry doesn't know how he remembers or even know these things. He doesn't know why he knows Amber so much.

She stood up. "I think I b-better go now." She hastily walked to the door but Henry stood in front of it, blocking her exit. "Let me hold her, just once."

Amber squinted her eyes at him, as if analyzing if his request is okay or not. "Why?" 

He said nothing, opting to just smile at her charmingly. She nodded, carefully giving her baby Amy. He carressed the girl's cheeks and hair, his heart immediately feeling warm. He feels-no, he knows- that this baby is his. But why would Amber deny? Why wouldn't she answer his simple question?

Without Amber knowing, he plucked a hair strand from baby Amy and hid it. After a kiss on the forehead, he gave the little girl to the mother who was watching them with hawk eyes, waiting to see if he would hurt her precious daughter.

"Goodbye Henry."

~.~.~.~

"Dude, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked his intoxicated friend. He hauled him up and assisted him on getting to his room. Henry laughed, swaying from side to side, making Kyuhyun curse. "Yah, stay still! We're going to fall if you keep on swaying!"

"I-isn't...it...f-funnyyyy?" He slurred. "I di-din't know I had a daughteeer!" His words were becoming harder to understand the more he talked. "Kyuhyuuun-ah, she doesn't want meee in Amy's liiife! It's sooo unfaiiir!"

Kyuhyun shook his head, sighing in relief as he opened his friend's bedroom door and dumped him on the bed. "Yah, did you know Sungmin and I were doing something important but then you interrupted? Aish." He sat on the edge of the bed, taking the paper that Henry was holding. "What is this?"

"DNA teeest." A sleepy Henry answered. 

 

Amy Charlotte Liu                        MATCH

Henry Lau                                   MATCH

 

Kyuhyun took a look at his sleeping friend. "Wow, you've got a daughter. So the rumors are real then. Such a life." He clicked his tongue and stood up, not bothering to cover Henry with a blanket. "Bye hyung,  I'll talk to you tomorrow again. You'll see me in the company, anyway."

~.~.~.~

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, why aren't you ready yet? Your performance's in an hour!" Henry hit the back of the idol's head. The latter rubbed the part where Henry hit him. "Yah, who told you to hit me?"

"Who told you to be lazy? Leeteuk hyung and the others are already ready, why aren't you?" Henry posed to hit the idol again, and the latter cowered. 

"Fine, fine! I'm getting ready, no need to be harsh."

Henry sat down and massaged his temple. He swears that he's gonna grow old faster because of the maknae of the group. In the silence, he managed to think of his problems. He never saw Amber again after that day. He's so stupid, he didn't even ask for her number or her address at least.

"Thinking of 'The One Who Got Away' again?"

He jumped at the voice, and saw Kyuhyun smiling mischievously at him. "How did you become ready so fast?" He ignored the question thrown at him. "Sungmin, you can put make up and fix Kyuhyun's hair now!"

"Yes sir!"

As Kyuhyun was getting fixed by Sungmin, he asked the question again. "Hyung, you didn't answer my question."

"What question?" He feigned innocence, preferring not to discuss his problems with this blabber mouth. He made a mistake of telling Kyuhyun his problems when he was drunk and voila, his secret became known to the whole company.

"Don't fake innocence, Henry Lau. Are you thinking of Amber again?" 

Henry met Kyuhyun's eyes through the mirror. He shrugged. "Not her. I'm thinking of Amy." He denied. Okay, he lied. He IS thinking of Amber, but in his defense, it's because of baby Amy. He saw Kyuhyun smirk and Henry rolled his eyes. 

"Omo, it's true then?" Sungmin covered his mouth, staring at Henry in shock.

"What's true?"

"That you really have a baby!" He said. "I though Kyuhyun was only bluffing."

"Yah!" Kyuhyun protested at the same time Henry said, "Yes, it's true."

Kyuhyun grabbed ahold of Sungmin's hand, making him look at the idol. "Don't focus on Henry, Sungmin-ah. Don't you remember? I want your undivided attention."

"My attention's all yours, Kyuhyun-ah." Sungmin smiled, caressing Kyuhyun's cheek.

Henry rolled his eyes. "Sungmin, finish it up. For heaven's sake, stop flirting you two! You can do it later after they finish their performance!" He said, to take the couple's attention from his problems. The two just smirked at him and went back to flirting and styling.

Sometimes, Henry really think that he's chosen the wrong people. Or maybe it's because he's too kind to them that they sometimes abuse his authority. Either way, he's just happy that his employees are working happily under the SJ Entertainment.

~.~.~.~

Amber laid Amy down on her bed and the baby mobile. That should keep her attention while she hums softly to lull her to sleep. When the mobile stopped and all she could hear is her baby girl's soft breathing, she stood up and laid down on the bed.

She thought of what Victoria told her...

 

"Amber-ah, when are you gonna tell Henry about Amy?" Victoria told her one day when she was working at the cafe. Victoria knows how Amber hates this conversation, but she deemed it best to open it up to the single mother. 

Amber stopped wiping the table and stared at her friend. "Why does Henry have to know about Amy? I can take care of her alone. Ever since he said that, he already gave up on Amy. He already gave up on us." Her eyes sparkled with unshed tears, yet she stood her ground. She was not going to cry over that matter again. She shed enough tears over that man, she cannot let him cry again.

"But Amber, Henry has the right to know. Amy is also Henry's blood and flesh!" Victoria said, stopping her from walking away. "How long are you gonna hide Amy from Henry?"

Amber's voice was as hard as steel. "Forever."

"You can't hide forever."

"Watch me try."

 

And Victoria was right, he did find her and Amy. Yet, she was careful in where she goes because she doesn't wanna meet him again. Once is enough. She cannot let him know that Amy is his child. Heaven knows that he'll take her away from Amber and she doesn't have the money to fight for Amy's custody. 

Henry could take Amy away from her anytime she wants.

Just thinking about it made Amber bolt up from the bed and gently took Amy in her arms. She hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go.

"Baby, please don't leave me." She whispered to the sleeping child. "You're all I have. Please don't go." Amber would do anything to hide from Henry. To hide Amy from him, even though he has the right to Amy. Oh wait, he never treated Amber like a wife anyway, so what right does he have to her daughter?

Catch me if you can, Henry Lau. 

~.~.~.~

"Henry, how did you and Amber even get married?" Donghae asked. They were celebrating the group's success in promoting their newest album and the question came naturally. Henry quite expected it, but he was never ready for storytellling. 

Henry shook his head, smiling bitterly. "We were in an arranged marriage."

"Woah, that's still done? It's the 21st century!" Hangeng exclaimed, downing a newly opened bottle of beer. Henry silently agreed, shrugging. "What can I do? My parents wanted it that way."

"So you just agreed?" Kyuhyun asked, his arms around Sungmin who was talking to Heechul and Eunhyuk. Henry chuckled, shaking his head at the painful memory. "I did. But I made her life a living hell."

"What?! Why?" They asked.

"Because that's my way of rebelling. I was hoping that she''ll tell her parents that we want a divorce, and I can have my freedom back." He stated. He is not proud of what he'd done in the past. He would do anything to correct his mistakes, but he can't do anything now.

Time is a . It waits for no one. And before you know it, time has already past and you've already done things that you don't want or didn't mean to do. You see, time is a great teacher; the misfortune is that it kills it's students. 

Heechul looked at him disapprovingly. "That's harsh. It isn't Amber's fault that she got married to you. She probably hated it too."

"She didn't hate it. She is in love with me." Henry said, his voice full of confidence and pride. His smile was bright when he remembered her saying that she loves him.

"Correction, she WAS in love with you. Not anymore." Eunhyuk said, shaking his head. "I mean, if Donghae made my life a living hell too, I'd probably hate him."

Donghae pouted and pulled Eunhyuk closer, resting his head on the choreographer's shoulder. "Hyukkie, I wouldn't do that!" 

They dropped the topic for that night, but Henry knew that his friends were still curious how he made Amber's life a living hell.

~.~.~.~

How they met again was by chance. Amber was walking towards her house after grocery shopping with baby Amy when she met Henry, who was running away from the press. As Amber was opening her door, someone grabbed her hand and pulled her inside. 

"Yah, who do you think you are, going in other people's house?!" She screamed, making Amy startled and ask, "Mom?". She shushed her with a soft, "I'm sorry baby. Let's talk later." while caressing her cheeks. When she looked up, she nearly screamed again when she saw how close Henry's face was to her.

"Henry?!"

"A..Amber?"

"What are you doing here? How did you find out where I live?" She backed away from him instantly. She put down the grocery bags on the couch, unknowingly holding Amy closer to her chest.

"I didn't know you live here." Henry said, eyes looking around her house. "Look, I was running from the press, and you were opening your door, so naturally, I'll go in to hide." He explained, eyes finally landing on Amber and Amy.

Amber just nodded, going to the door to peep outside. "I think you can go now. There are no more press outside." Oh how badly she wants him to go. What luck does Amber have? She mentally groaned at the fact that Henry now knows where she lives.

He shook his head. "Can I play with Amy first?" 

And Amber cannot resist those puppy eyes that he was giving her. When can she ever resist those eyes? Probably never. "Okay fine. But, go home after you play with her." 

Henry smiled triamphuntly as Amber urged Amy to go to him. She kissed Amy's forehead before going to, what Henry assumed, the kitchen with the grocery bags. He turned his attention to Amy who was staring at him with wide eyes. He realized that Amy's looks were so much like Amber that she can be her mini-me.

"Baby girl, you haven't been naughty to eomma, right?" He asked as he her cheeks gently. "Be good to her, okay? Protect her for me while I'm not here yet. I'm gonna get you two back, I promise."

"Ahjussi, who are you?"

"Me? I'm a friend of your mom." Henry smiled, ruffling the little girl's hair. 

After a few minutes, the father and daughter immediately clicked and laughter echoed in the small living room. Henry wiggled his finger in front of Amy's nose, tickling her.

And Henry's heart was filled with joy when Amy held on his forefinger and laughed. For Henry, it was the most adorable sound he ever heard. It's only now that it's sinking in him that this is his daughter. He was filled with pride and joy.

My daughter will be the most beautiful girl in the world.

He sang "Isn't She Lovely" softly, still admiring his daughter. He was so entranced with her that he didn't notice Amber staring at them from the entrance of the living room.

She smiled sadly, her heart beating faster at the image of Henry and Amy. She quickly took out her phone and snapped a picture. I'm gonna show this to her when she grows up so she won't think that he abandoned us. She thought.

She shook her head, and walked closer to them. She cleared , causing Henry to look up at her. "Hey, is the little monster asleep?" She asked, taking a sit next to him. Henry laughed softly, "Yeah she is. She's so adorable." Amber nodded, smiling. "But don't let her looks fool you, she's a devil in an angel's face."

Henry turned to look at her, eyes softening at the serene air that Amber has around her. He raised a hand and cupped her cheeks, making her look at him with wide eyes. "W-what are you doing?" But he didn't answer for he was too enchanted with her.

Their faces slowly became closer to each other, and Amber had nowhere to go to. She was trapped between the arm of the chair and the man she once loved. Her heart started beating fast, and how badly she wants Henry to kiss her. She wants to feel his arms around her again. She wants him to make her feel loved and special.

But her brain stated the opposite. It was giving her warnings to get out of there, because that's the man who almost wrecked her! That's the man who stripped her of her dignity! 

Then, Henry whispered. "She's my daughter, isn't she?" 

And then, all those memories came flashing.

 

"Amber, hurry up!" Her mother called as they were at the entrance of a fancy restaurant. Amber frowned, but obeyed her mother's orders. "And what are you wearing? I told you to wear a dress and stilettos! I even laid it out on your bed! Why are you in sneakers and t-shirt and pants? And for the love of gosh, would you please remove that annoying hat?" Her mother nagged, throwing a disappointed look at her.

"Mom, you know I don't like wearing those kind of things!" Amber's frown deepened. "And what's wrong with what I'm wearing? It's decent! And I'm not removing my snapback, this is swag!" 

Mr. Liu cleared his throat and grasped his wife's hand. "Let her be, Josephine." Mrs. Liu frowned, "But she's dressing like a tomboy! What if the Laus disliked her because of that?"

"That will never happen. They'll love Amber, no matter what she wears or how she acts." Amber smiled and sent a grateful look to her father. Her father really understood her and she loves him so much. She's a daddy's girl, what can she do?

They entered the restaurant and sat down on a six-seater table where three of the chairs are already occupied. As much as Amber hated it, they were here for a marriage interview. 

As the elders greeted each other, Amber's eyes wondered to the boy beside Mrs. Lau. She thought he was very handsome and has such a nice smile. Their eyes met, and she immediately looked away, blushing as she was caught staring. 

Throughout the whole meal, Amber thought she was gonna die. Her heart is beating so fast, and she doesn't know why. As they bid goodbye to the Laus, the boy, Henry, gave her a quick hug. Her reaction was immediate. Her face was so red, she could be compared to a tomato. 

To Amber, it was love at first sight. And when her parents asked her if she was okay with marrying Henry, she immediately agreed.

~.~.~.~

"Yah, Amber, get me another bottle of beer!" A loud and tipsy Henry ordered. Amber bit her lip, contemplating the request. Henry was gonna be drunk already and she doesn't want to deal with that. 

"I think you've had enough for the night." She announced, clearing all the bottles on the table. Henry grabbed her wrist and pinned her to the wall. She squirmed, trying to escape, but he only tightened his hold on her. "O-ouch, Henry, i-it hurts!"

"I don't care if it hurts, I. Want. You." He grabbed her chin using his other hand and made her look at him. "To. Get. My. Beer!"

She squirmed, trying to get out of the situation. When did she get weak? She wasn't weak, but when it comes to Henry, everything about her changed. "Henry, let me go!" The boy only smirked, leaning in closer. "You'll do that for me, right babe?"

"After all..." He leaned in closer until there was only an inch between them. One wrong move and their lips would be smashing. Amber held her breath. "You love me, right?" Henry closed the gap and kissed her passionately. And Amber kissed back, because who wouldn't? She loves him so much and his kisses are the only thing that reassures her that Henry still has a soul.

They parted after a while, and Amber rushed to the kitchen to get Henry's bottle of beer. Henry smirked and patted her head. "Good Amber."

~.~.~.~

Amber endured all of Henry's actions, even if it's hurting her. If you would ask her why, she'll answer, "I love him. Isn't that enough reason to be with him?"

On every parties, they acted as if they were a happily married couple. They acted as if nothing's wrong when in fact, everything's falling apart. But it was all too much for Amber after Henry hit her. He punched and kicked and slapped her as if she was not a human being. He treated her like a punching bag. 

"You're nothing to me, Amber."

She was beyond unrecognizable after that. And she hated him. So, she ran away, never looking back. She hid from the people she knew. And it was hard for her, having to start from scratch. She lived a miserable life, and it was all because of her husband. Can she even call that being her husband? Because to Amber, he was the spawn of a devil.

It was even harder for her when, 2 months later, she found out she was pregnant. And of course, it's Henry Lau's child. Amber never had with anyone, except for Henry. Only Henry.

And now, she hated Henry Lau.

 

Amber pushed Henry away, quickly grabbing Amy from him. The baby gil was suddenly jolted out of her sleep, causing her to start crying. "Mom, what happened?" She hiccuped.

"What's wrong?!" Henry asked.

"Get out." She stated calmly.

Henry looked at her, confused. "What?"

"I said, get out!" She yelled, only to have Amy cry louder. "Get out of my house, right now!" Her eyes glinted with disgust, and anger. Henry stood up, walking to the door, even though he was confused why she suddenly wanted her out. One moment, they were being peaceful, the next, Amber was telling him to get out of her house. What did he do wrong?

As Henry looked back, from in front of her door, he saw how her eyes glared at him menacingly. "Don't you ever come back again." And she slammed the door on his face. 

Amber slid down the door, trying to shush the hysterical girl in her arms and trying to wipe away her tears. Damn, Amber, when did you start getting petty? 

But she remembers everything. Her tears fall down her cheeks unknowingly, as she recalled all the pain she experienced. How it hurts to have no one going with her to the clinic to get Amy's monthly check up. How no one was there to fulfill her cravings. How no one was there to hold her hand when she went through the pain of giving birth to Amy.

Why couldn't Henry be there for her? Why couldn't Henry understand her feelings? Why couldn't Henry treat her like a decent human being, not his punching bag?

Amber composed herself. She couldn't be weak. She has to be strong for Amy. She stood up and gently rocked her back and forth, singing a song to comfort Amy, and maybe, herself too.

*~Baby don't cry, tonight

After the darkness passes by

Baby don't cry, tonight

You won't even remember why

I would never let you disappear into the sea

Won't you please listen to me?

So baby don't cry (cry)

I promise my love will protect you~*

~.~.~.~

Amber let out a string of profanity when she opened the door and found Henry standing in front of it with a bouquet of flowers. "What are you doing here?" She asked coldly.

Henry winced but ignored the tone of her voice. He held out the bouquet. "This is for you." But Amber only stared at it, then back at him. "What am I gonna do with flowers? I don't need it, you can give it to your flings whatsoever, I don't care."

She was about to close the door but Henry wedged his foot between the door and the door frame, causing Amber to unable to close the door. "Move." 

"No. Not until we talk, Amber."

"We have nothing to talk about."

"Oh yes we do." Henry squeezed himself in the small gap and managed to get in, locking the door behind him. "We have a lot to talk about." 

Amber was pissed. Who does he think he is, squeezing in her and her daughter's life when they're fine without him. "Nothing." She said. "Get out, I'm trying to rest."

"Where's Amy?" Henry plopped down on the couch, ignoring what Amber kept on saying. "She isn't here. Why are you so interested in my daughter anyway?" Amber crossed her arms. 

He stared at her. "You mean, OUR daughter?" He said, eliticing a laugh from her. "What do you mean, OUR daughter? As far as I know, Amy is only MY daughter. Who are you in our life, anyway?" She retorted.

"I'm your husband, Amber." He said, glaring. "You can't keep on denying me of my rights on Amy, jagiya."

"I can, and I will!" She said, eyes blazing. She was determined to never let Amy know anything about her father. This is selfish of her, she knows, but it's the only way to save her or Amy from possible heartbreak that Henry might bring. 

Henry stood up, sensing a heated fight on their way. "You know I can sue you for that right?" 

"I don't care. Sue me all you want, but I'm not giving Amy up!"

Due to the intense fight they were having, the two didn't know how close their faces are to each other. It wasn't until Henry stared at Amber's lips did they realize how much closer they moved to each other. No one spoke. They were analyzing each other and trying to predict what the other will do.

It wasn't until Amber's phone rang that they jumped apart from each other. 

"Hello, eomma?"

Henry knew that what Amber's mom said wasn't good when her face contorted into worry and panic. "I-is she okay? W-what happened?! H-how? W-wait, I'm coming. Wait for me!" 

"What happened?" He asked, but she ignored it, running frantically around the house. She gathered all of Amy's things and put it in a big bag before rushing to the door but Henry blocked her before she got out. 

"HENRY! GET OUT OF THE FREAKING WAY!" She yelled, getting hysterical. "AMY NEEDS ME, SO MOVE!" She said, trying to push him out of the way to open the door. At the mention of Amy, Henry immediately moved away, but not before grasping Amber's wrist.

"What happened to Amy?"

She turned to him, face full of tears. A new batch of tears rolled down her cheeks as she said, "She's in the hospital."

~.~.~.~

Amber rushed down the hospital hallways, finding the room that her mom and baby was in. When she found it, she hastily opened the door. "Eomma, what happened? Wh-why is Amy here?"

"I-I'm so sorry, Amber. I went to the bathroom for a while, when I came back, she was coughing and she was really warm. I immediately came to the hospital. The doctor said she's got an asthma attack, and they needed to keep her here in case the asthma worsens."

Amber nodded before going to her daughter's side. She grasped her hand, kissing it gently. Please let my baby be okay. Henry went in, nodded to her mother, and placed a hand on Amber's shoulder.

For the first time, she didn't react violently. Instead, she held it tightly, as if asking for support. Henry was more than willing to give it to her. He hugged her tightly, and she hugged back as she weeped on his shoulder. 

It was heart wrenching to see the one he loves crying. And it was even more heart breaking that the reason is about their child. "Shh, she's gonna be fine. She's gonna be okay." 

"A-am I a bad mother? I don't get h-how she got sick." Amber cried, glancing at the sleeping form of their baby girl. Henry cupped her cheeks, making her look at him. "Hey, listen. You're not a bad mother, okay? You did everything that you think is best for our daughter. So don't blame yourself." 

Amber stared at him, her heart beating fast as Henry placed his lips on her forehead. She just closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment, nevermind the past. Nevermind the curious look of her mother. Nevermind the trouble they went through. Nevermind it all.

~.~.~.~

"I'm sorry."

She laughed bitterly. "Sorry? You're sorry?" She glared, pushing him a little. "For what? For being a jerk? For being insensitive? For not treating me as your wife? For not treating me like a damn human being? What?! Be specific, Henry! I can't read your mind because I'm definitely not a mind-reader!"

Henry lowered his head. "I'm sorry for not being there throughout your pregnancy. I'm sorry for not being there when you gave birth to her. I'm sorry for treating you bad. I'm sorry for making you suffer. I'm sorry for everything, Amber!" He lifted his head and Amber could see how tears were gathered at the edge of his eyes. He took a step closer to Amber.

"Please forgive me. Please." He cupped her cheeks, longing for the warmth she once provided when they were together. "I love you so much, Amber. Please take me back."

Amber closed her eyes. She wanna be angry at him. She wanna hate him, but it seems that the hate she once harbored for him disappeared in an instance. He was here. He wanna be with her and their daughter. And Amber really missed him. She can't deny that she still loves him. She never stopped loving him.

"Just promise not to hurt me again." She took a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. "Promise to treasure our daughter and to always put us first."

She opened her eyes and saw how tears had fallen down Henry's cheeks. She knew he was so happy when he hugged her tightly, thanking her repeatedly. "Thank you. I promise I won't hurt you again. I promise to treasure you and our daughter. I promise to always put you first."

She laughed, Henry's cheeks gently. "I love you Henry Lau."

"I love you too Amber Lau." He said cheekily. He slowly closed the distance between them and kissed her sweetly. 

~.~.~.~

Breaking News!

Henry Lau confirmed to be married and has a child!

After rumors surrounding the CEO of SJ Entertainment after the commotion that happened a few months ago, Henry Lau finally breaks his silence. He confirmed that he is married for 5 years with a non-idol named Amber Liu. The married couple confirmed that they have a daughter of 4 years, Amy Lau. Wow, this is certainly shocking but even if it's late, congratulations neverheless to the couple. We wish you a happy marriage life!

Sorry to all the ladies fantasizing to be with Mr. CEO. He's not single anymore!

~.~.~.~

"Amy, you brat, come back here!" Amber screamed, trying to run after the hyperactive 5-year old running around the mansion's garden. 

"Eomma, catch me if you can!" The little girl laughed, teasing her mother. She loves teasing her mother because of all the funny expressions she shows. 

"Yah, come back here!"

Amy giggled, turning her head to look back at her mother, only to trip after failing to notice the stone in front of her. She immediately fell and started crying. "Eomma!" Amber picked up her pace and crouched down beside the crying girl. "That's why I told you not to run, Amy!" She scolded, dusting the girl's knees. A bruise was forming on it and she grinned secretly.

"Are you guys fighting again?" Amber jumped at the new voice and turned around, only to be met by the amused face of his husband. "Appaaa!" Amy squealed, jumping on her father's arms, who caught her, thankfully.

"Hello, baby girl. Are you giving eomma a hard time again?" He asked, the girl's hair. Amy shook her head and snuggled in Henry's chest. Amber gave the two of them a disapproving look. "Yah, don't baby her. That's why she's becoming so spoiled!"

Henry just laughed at her and put Amy down. "Baby, go with Youngjae oppa, he'll treat your wound." He said, patting the girl's head. Amy nodded obediently and went with her father's most trusted trainee, hugging him. "Annyeong, Youngjae oppa!" 

"Annyeong, Amy~" Youngjae crouched down, pinching her cheeks lightly. The little girl's cheeks immediately went red. Youngjae bowed towards the two before assisting Amy inside the house. Amber nudged Henry. "What's wrong with Youngjae?"

"Bullies." Henry sighed, enveloping Amber in a hug. "They're envious of him for being able to be chosen for the group I was going to debut. It doesn't help that Youngjae has problems with dancing. I brought him here to be tutored by Jaebum."

"Really? How awful. Youngjae's such a sweet kid." Amber clicked her tongue. Injustice never really sat well with Amber. 

She jumped when she felt Henry's breath on her neck. "How are you today? Did Amy give you a hard time again?" He asked, lightly kissing the skin. She shivered and chuckled. "Not much today." Henry looked up to give her an amused look. "Well, that's a first. I guess she really listened to me when I scolded her."

"What did you tell her anyway?"

"I told her that you were pregnant and you could lose her baby sister or baby brother if she keeps on being naughty." He laughed, placing a hand on Amber's slightly swollen stomach. Amber smiled. "She's taking the news well, huh? Other kids would have thrown a tantrum after finding out about a baby sister/brother."

Henry smiled back, and closed the distance between them to meet her lips in a sweet kiss. But they were interrupted by the little monster who shouted, "EWWW!" Youngjae sent them an apologizing look, leading the kid back into the house.

Henry and Amber looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. "I love that kid so much." Henry muttered. "Me too." Amber agreed.

"How's things back in the company?" Amber asked, caressing the baby bump. Henry grinned. "Catch Me If You Can became such a big hit and SNSD's popularity grew. EXO's coming back in a month. I'm planning to debut GOT7 a few months after. Everything's going great."

Amber laughed. "That's good."

The doorbell sounded and a few minutes later, a young man bowed to them. "Good afternoon sajangnim. May I know where Youngjae is so I can start teaching him?"

"He's inside with the little monster." Henry responded and Jaebum bowed to them again before going inside the mansion.

"Amber?"

"Yeah?"

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" He asked, caressing her cheeks. He loved how her cheeks immediately went red after.

Amber blushed. "Every single day."

"Well then, I won't get tired of telling you how beautiful you are." He said and she laughed, hitting him softly. "You're so cheesy."

"You love me anyways." 

Amber smiled softly. "I love you Mr. Lau."

"I love you too Mrs. Lau." He pecked her forehead, holding her close to him.

"EOMMA, APPA, I'M HUNGRYYY! STOP FLIRTING AND LET'S EAT!"

"YAH, WHERE DID YOU LEARN SUCH WORD?"

"FROM YOUNGJAE AND JAEBUM OPPA"

"ANIYO, I DIDN'T TEACH HER THAT!"

"ME TOO, I DIDN'T TEACH HER THAT!"

"YAH, YOUNGJAE AND JAEBUM, YOU--"

 

Ah, a normal day for the Lau family.

 


 

Baby Don't Cry English Lyrics from Silv3rT3ar ^^

Hope you liked it! 

~PandaLover11