Final

Netflix and Cuddles

“So you’re telling me you bought a 300 bucks tent.”

“A trampoline tent.”

“Instead of buying school books. Do you know how reckless that is? Spending your money so carelessly?”

Jongin ignores this. “You should come over so we can netflix and chill.”

“—How are you going to get textbooks for your next semester?”

“But my parents aren’t hom—”

“—Do you think free textbooks will pop out of the sky, Jongin? Are you going to magically pull them out of your ? How the hell are you going to study?”

“No! Listen to me! You’re supposed to say ‘I’m on my way.’”

Taemin pauses at this, realizes that he has been nagging continuously, and then says with plain blatant, “Sorry, I’ve been distracted by your stupidity.”

Jongin rolls his eyes, despite how the other couldn’t see it anyway. “Are you coming over or nah?”

“I’ve got my car keys.”


///

 

Jongin likes the scent that carries around Taemin, though he could never pinpoint exactly what it is.

Deodorant? Cologne? Shampoo? Clean laundry?

All he knows is that he really likes it, a familiar, addicting freshness that had been there since forever. Taemin enters his house with damp hair, bangs drooping on top of his forehead and Jongin knows that it will dry in a fizzy mess later. Yet it’s pointless to tell him, because he never does anything about it. Jongin trails behind as though it’s Taemin’s house they’re walking through.

Despite his earlier disputes, Taemin’s unable to hide the impressed look that lit up his entire face when he approaches the tent stationed in the middle of the backyard. Jongin notices, and he’s fighting the urge to say “I told you so” to Taemin. Not because he likes to be right, but Taemin hates to be wrong, and it never fails to amuse Jongin whenever he witnesses.

“So, what do you think?” Jongin prompts.

“You pay for what you get, and I have to admit, this is one fancy tent.”

Taemin stares at the spacious interior in awe. The inside fits around ten sitting adults at most, and having only two people is big enough space to roll around freely. Taemin crawls into the entrance at ease, and Jongin after him. The steps are unsteady due to the bouncy surface, and that makes them feel like children all over again. Jongin has blankets and pillows ready, with an addition of his laptop.

There’s a plastic opening that reveals the orange sky outside, and Taemin lays on a pillow with a contented release of breath. “It’s like this tent has a sleepy spell casted inside. I could just doze off right now like this.”

Jongin frowns. “I thought we were going to netflix and chill?”

“Wait.” Taemin sits up. “We ing or are we watching a movie?”

Jongin sputters, “Movie! How did come into this conversation?”

“Well, ever since ‘netflix and chill’ became an internet meme, I am very confused on which one you’re implying. Because you see, we do both—”

“No! I meant it in the literal term when I called you over.” Jongin’s really red. Like super red. So red Taemin is tempted to take out the phone stored in his back pocket just to snap a picture. Jongin probably knows he’s resembling a tomato of sort, and tilts his face downward so his fluff of hair would obscure his cheeks.

Instead of disappointment, Taemin is happy for some strange reason. Partly because Jongin has proved himself to be a cinnamon bun, and also because Jongin had invited him over for the mere purpose of spending time together, despite being inside an overpriced trampoline tent. Taemin wraps his arms and legs around Jongin, like a koala hanging onto a tree. And Jongin is so used to Taemin’s weird shows of affections that he isn’t really surprised. They’re so close to the point Taemin’s shampoo is distinguishable and his damp hair tickles Jongin’s neck.

“I’m staying in this position for the whole night,” declares Taemin.

It’s such a ridiculous idea that Jongin smiles. “Even after four movies?”

“Even after four movies.”

“You’ll have terrible muscle cramps later.”

“I don’t care.”

Jongin laughs fondly at this, while simultaneously struggling to lift his laptop’s screen open due to Taemin’s arm in the way. “Alright.”

 

 

 


link to read this on tumblr x
other tumblr drabbles