007

Her Darkest Secret

 

      "Dude, what happened to your face?" Hoseok's eyes widened as he examined Jungkook's face. "Probably he tripped and fell into the drain." Yoongi joked. 

 

      Jimin responded at the joke with a laugh while Namjoon quietly left the scene to get the first aid kit. "It's just a small bruise and you wish." Jungkook rolled his eyes as his finger ran through the bruise to check if the swelling had gone down. 

 

      "Don't tell me.. Haneul was the one that did that to your face?!" Taehyung turned towards Jungkook. 

 

      Jungkook remained silent which eventually led Taehyung to confirm that it was her. He teased, "Seems like our Jungkook isn't as cool as we thought." 

 

      In the midst of all the commotion, Namjoon passed him some medicated oil for his bruise and a Band-Aid for his cuts. 

 

      "But.. I don't understand, how can she beat you up? I mean... you're a guy, and she's a girl and so she's weaker." Jimin said. "You and your stereotypes. You'll wait for the day when a girl actually slaps you upside down." Seokjin scoffed.

 

     "You'll be surprised at how strong she is." Jungkook said.

 

      "What happened?" Yoongi asked.  

   

  FLASHBACK

 

      Taken aback by Jungkook's remark, Haneul kicked the back of his knee and threw a punch on his face as he fell on his knees. She placed her hand on his shoulder, holding him down. 

 

      "What's that for?" Jungkook winced. 

 

      "What do you want? Or what's your motive?" Haneul stared at Jungkook, waiting for an answer. "I'm just interested in buying this place, no other motives!" Jungkook explained. 

 

      "It's not even up for sale." She tilted her head. "Well, if you don't want to sell it then I'm not forcing you." He shrugged. 

 

*****

 

      The Got7 members were at their office, laying around. 

 

      Still feeling pissed at what had happened earlier, Haneul barged into the room with a black face. "Wooah, are you on your period?" Youngjae managed to dodge in time with his hands up in the air.

 

      "I want you to check on Jeon Jungkook's background." She pointed at BamBam.

 

      He nodded and went straight into working on it. "Do you want us to check on the others too?" Mark raised his brows as he spun himself on the office chair.

 

      Haneul nodded in annoyance. "He's obviously up to something." She thought. She wanted to know why Jungkook was aware of her owning that warehouse and why was he there in the first place.

 

      "Got it. Both from school and the government." BamBam turned towards Haneul. She dragged a chair with her and sat beside BamBam as she scanned through the information.

 

     Sevit High School -  Jeon Jungkook [18]

  • Both parents passed away when he was four.
  • Has a younger sister whom he claims he 'lost' contact with.
  • Currently staying with another student;  Kim Taehyung.
  • Punishment Points; 160.
  • Conduct; Jungkook is a nice student although he frequently ditches school. He should focus more on his studies instead of working full-time. 

 

      "That's all the school have about this douchebag?" Haneul raised her brows. "Well.. he doesn't attend school much so that's all they had." BamBam scratched the back of his neck. 

 

      She then moved on to the data from the government. 

 

  • Jeon Jungkook - Age 18, is a student from Sevit High School.
  • Has no kin here in South Korea. His sister Jeon Somi is no where to be found as well.
  • His parents were murdered one after another - Case File J207.
  • Has worked at numerous places, both part-time and full-time. 
  • Criminal record - Underage smoking(15 times), Shoplifting(8 times). 

 

      Haneul sighed at the lack of background information about this guy. Seems like she has to get everything she wants by getting close to him. "Anyway, what about the others?" 

 

      "There's nothing much about them too. Their profiles are more or less like Jungkook's." Mark said. "Then can you try searching for Jeon Somi?" She asked.

 

      "As for Somi, nothing comes out." 

 

*****

 

      'Can we meet? I would like to apologize to you.' - Haneul 

      'Let's get this straight. You're buying me dinner.' - Jungkook 

      'Whatever. 6.30pm at the restaurant of your choice.' - Haneul 

 

      At least she managed to get Jungkook to go out with her. Now, she had to pick an outfit that actually makes her look sincere in wanting to apologize to him. "Going somewhere?" Jaebum peeped into her room. 

 

      "Yeah, just gonna grab dinner with a friend. Can you help me out with the outfit?" Haneul dragged him into the room. "It's a guy right?" Jaebum raised his brows. "Ah, no. There's nothing to wear!" She said, pointing to her overflowing closet. 

 

      "Ya right, here you go." Jaebum picked out a white neck top which was slightly cropped and a pair of denim jeans. "Thank you!" She beamed as she grabbed the clothes from him and made her way to the bathroom. 

 

      Haneul sighed in relief as she leaned back onto the door. Jaebum was the only person she wanted to avoid at all cost this particular moment. She knew how protective he was over her and how annoying he could get with all the questions. 

 

      After washing up, she applied just a little make up to look presentable and styled her hair into those beach waves curls you would see on tumblr. She decided to forgo the accessories just to keep it simple. 

 

      She got her purse from her room, leaving Jaebum behind. "DON'T COME BACK TOO LATE!" He shouted. "Probably be back when you're gone!" Haneul replied.

 

      Jaebum could feel her smirking, "WIPE THAT SMIRK OFF YOUR FACE AND BYE." 

 

      Haneul slipped her sneakers on and left the house, her driver was already waiting at the front of the mansion.

 

      "Where are you heading to Ms Park?" Mr Kim asked. She gave the address of the restaurant that Jungkook had chosen as she settle herself down. 

 

      6.31pm. She was certain that she would arrive first but Jungkook was already seated at a table nearer to the corner. "Table for?" A waitress asked. "I'm meeting my friend." Haneul smiled as she pointed towards Jungkook. 

 

      Jungkook was wearing a white plain tee with a cardigan thrown over it and a pair of jeans. He had his hair gelled up to one side (his hairstyle in dope mv) and it was a hairstyle that she would never imagined Jungkook with, considering his hair was messy almost all the time. 

 

      "Curse you, Im. Jaebum. Now what? We're gonna look like some couple who planned to wear the same?" Haneul mumbled to herself.

 

      To be honest, she couldn't deny how good-looking Jungkook was. With his fringe up, he looked pretty decent and smart. She could clearly see his facial features and understood why girls would go crazy over him. Come to think of it, this will probably be the first and last time she saw his forehead.

 

      Haneul took a deep breath as the distance between the two of them shortened. Soon, she found herself right in front of him. 

 

      "Hi." She smiled.

 


 


Apologies for the slow updates! Really stressed out with school recently and i was having writer's block so i couldn't update. But I still wanna thank you all for subscribing and waiting <3