{ one. }

deuce, game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seulgi always peeks at the bright girl, though said person only appears during the occasional tennis training session. 

***

seulgi still remembers her first time joining a friendly exchange training with yeri's college team. the weight of being younger than everyone else had bundled her into nerves -- even if yeri leveraged her team captain authority and commanded everyone to welcome seulgi like their own, the attention made it worse, to be honest. to their credit though, everyone had been more than welcoming, maybe it was because seulgi looked so protectable and lost, maybe it was because they were plain good souls; or maybe it had been thanks to baekhyun, who had boasted, to the ire of the team, that he was going to win a medal soon and then proceeded to make a fool of himself by losing to seulgi, who'd been training for only six months. 

sweat lining her brow from both the workout and the relentless heat, she threw her head back and took gulps of the cold isotonic drink. seulgi was glad to catch a breather by herself under the shade while the school team was huddled a distance away, listening to the captain's debriefing. 

a frown formed instinctively as she put down her drink to see a shadow in front of her. when she looked up and met the eyes of the girl hovering over her, an arm outstretched, dimple stark on white porcelain skin, seulgi wondered if she might've missed something the girl said, because there was only an air of awkwardness as seulgi shifted her gaze from the girl's eyes to her arm, and to her eyes, and back again.

as unresponsive as seulgi was, the girl didn't seem to notice nor mind. "sorry, did you miss what i said? i shouldn't have introduced myself while you were drinking..."

retracting her arm to scratch the back of her neck, the girl squinted one eye close in an embarrassed expression. "i'm wendy! are you a freshman?"

it took two beats for seulgi to catch up with the situation. 

"oh no no no, i'm not, i'm still in high school actually! i'm just here for an exchange session. yeri and some of the others trained with my school last week, so they invited us to train with you guys this week. but, i'm the only one who's free today since the seniors are preparing for entrance exams..." seulgi pouted, remembering how joy and irene had last-minute bailed on her only when she was on the way here. 

seulgi-ah, have fun! joohyun and i have concluded that life is unfortunately much more than just chasing your dreams and playing tennis... so we're going to the library instead :( please represent our school for us! yeri will take good care of you, and you'll do well i'm sure! love you!

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter