Prologue

Repetitive ~ Halloween Special!

Today was Friday. Nothing special. Most people would be excited for the weekend. A chance to rest, spend time with kids, go on dates, get some sleep. All that fun stuff. Saturday was a day everyone looked forward to. Especially this weekend. People were bustling the city streets at midnight trying to buy the last bits of Halloween candy. On Sunday's most probably slept in and spend more time with their family, happily sifting through piles of chocolates and gummies. It was a day of rest. Most people would be excited for a time like this. But Jongin was not like most people. There was really nothing special about the weekend. Or more so, Halloween. It was just like all other days. Except for the people celebrating over a useless holiday. Jongin would just sit at his laptop, writing. Nobody ever knew what he was writing about, but writing seemed to be the only thing that interested him. So no one bothered to stop him. He just remembered that it would be his birthday tomorrow - which was coincidentally on the same day as the holiday.

 

Would he being doing anything special?

 

That's what the other people at his job would always ask him. They would tell him that having a birthday on Halloween was something special.

 

You could spend time with your friends. To celebrate that you’re turning 25...

 

That's what they told him. His boss even gave him a day off.

 

No, he doesn't spend time around others. No, he isn't doing anything special. No, he's definitely not going to be trick or treating. It's not that Jongin was a spoilsport. He just didn't find any of that interesting. It all seemed pretty boring to him. When he told them that, they would persist with a

 

So... You're not doing anything this year? Again?

 

And he would always reply with the same,

 

I'll be writing.

 

He knew that his co-workers were worried about him. Jongin was a 24 year old man, who had lived all these years without any type of relationship. Family was complicated. When he was young, his parents dropped him off at the doors of an orphanage, leaving merely a single note saying

~ Kim Jongin ; 10-31-1994~

He never wanted to stay at the orphanage though. He didn’t need anyone to take care of him. Jongin didn't need friends or family. When he turned 18 they finally let him leave. It was hard at first, but he managed to find a job at the local coffee shop, and finally afford an apartment. It wasn't great, but it was at least habitable. Jongin hated relying on other people. There was no use.

 

Others asked him

 

Why not get a girlfriend?

 

Love. Jongin would snort at those words. Girls were burdens. He didn't even like girls.

 

Yes,

 

He would say

 

I'm gay. Do any of you have a problem with that?

 

They would just sigh and shake their heads, hoping for a miracle this year that something would change.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

 

Hey,

 

I'll probably be updating the rest of the chapters sometime over the next few days.

 

Thanks for reading ! ^^