Final.

The taste of Loneliness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I threw my bag onto the floor and as soon as the door behind me shut, I bursts into tears. I don’t know, the sudden burst of loneliness hit me so bad.

 

I missed my girlfriend. I missed Soo Young.

 

Soo Young had went on a business trip together with Minho at another continent. I checked the time and she probably is getting ready to head to a burger joint or something for dinner.

 

Good thing was Taeng and Sun are both at their parents’, so I need not worry about them having to baby sit me.

 

I went to pick up my poor bag which I’ve thrown carelessly on the floor and I was shocked to see so many texts by Soo Young.

 

Soo Young: Fany Baby! Are you doing ok over at Korea? I’m missing you here!
Soo Young: The food here is great!
Soo Young: Are you sleeping already?
Soo Young: Reply me babe! I’m worried…
Soo Young: Are you ok?
Soo Young: I’m calling you in five minutes.

 

Luckily I read these before the five minutes was up.

 

I wouldn’t want Soo Young to be all worried about me when she’s working over at New York.

 

Tiffany: Hey, I’m ok… Is everything going smoothly at New York?
Soo Young: Whew, you scared me! I thought something happened to my little girl.
Soo Young: Everything’s alright here! I went shopping earlier on and bought you many things! I bought lots of stuffs for the girls too.
Soo Young: I can’t wait to go back to Korea! Wait, aren’t you supposed to be asleep right now?
Tiffany: I’m looking forward to the gifts you bought me! I just got back home not too long ago.
Soo Young: So I’ve just checked the timing over at Korea, it’s freaking 4am baby!
Tiffany: …Yeah, working hard on TTS album recently.

 

It’s kind of half-true half-lie. You get what I mean?

 

I can’t just tell Soo Young I’m out to have a few drinks with my friends because I hated the loneliness every time I come home.

 

Plus, Soo Young wasn’t here with me. I’m missing her so badly.

 

Every time Soo Young has to go on a business trip, I can’t help but worry as well. Girls tend to go crazy over her.

 

And this is why I’ve been texting Minho… Oops. To ask about Soo Young. Yeah, I definitely sound like a crazy possessive little girlfriend.

 

Minho assured me it’s fine since I’m on the paranoid side. I tend to overthink a lot.

 

This is also what Soo Young is most worried about. She didn’t want me to feel insecure about our relationship since we’ve decided to go into one.

 

I have to give it to her for this.

 

When she has to go overseas, she made sure she send me video clips of her activities. Even when she’s at a club. She would ask manager oppa to video her all the time when she’s in the club just to assure that she’s not flirting with other girls.

 

After about ten minutes, Soo Young replied to my text.

 

Soo Young: That’s it. I’m setting a curfew for you…
Soo Young: 10pm. If you have to go past that timing, 12am latest.
Soo Young: I don’t want my girlfriend to be going home at wee hours. I’m seriously worried right now.
Soo Young: I don’t want you to fall sick due to fatigue like last time.
Tiffany: Ok… I’ll listen to you, ok?
Soo Young: If you don’t go home at 10pm, I’ll know it, ok? Now go sleep. I’m heading to a burger joint right now with Minho and Manager Oppa.
Tiffany: Goodnight, have a nice dinner.


---


It was just another normal day at SM. I had been trying to occupy my mind with TTS new album. Editing, lyric-writing, melody making, album cover designing, everything. Everything I can do to make me forget about Soo Young not being in the country.

 

Soo Young is my everything.

 

When she’s with me, I get motivated. But I just hated it when she has to go somewhere far for business. I know it’s work and I can’t really blame SM for it but seriously?! Out of so many artists, Soo Young have to be the one?!

 

They could send Victoria or Krystal! These two are always wanting a business trip overseas!

 

“Not going home yet? You have a curfew at 10pm, don’t forget about it.” Taeng poked her head into the studio with a cute bottle on her hand.

 

Soo Young probably called Taeng after exchanging texts with me.

 

“Yeah. I remember. Just gonna finish this last 4 bars of lyrics and I’m done. Wanna wait for me? And we could get a drink on our way home?” I asked, it’s been a long time since Taeng and I had a small chit chat session.

 

“Maknae’s already on the way home, so yeah, I think we could do that.” Taeng nodded and closed the door. I’m guessing she would be at the practice room.

 

I turned off the lights to the studio and headed towards the practice home and I was right. Taeng was there. She was on the piano.

 

“Done?”

 

I nodded.

 

We got our drinks from the cafe near SM and hopped into the van.

 

No doubt, Taeng knows me well when she decided to ask if I was lonely because Soo Young was out of the country.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter