Chapter 2

Melting the walls of Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"For this day, We would just tour around the area and then rest to prep for tomorrow's activity. We'll talk about what activity is there later at night. So attendance is needed for you to find out how you can participate" Mr. Choi announced as they  arrive at their respective destination. He was the head of the Business Management org so he'll be the one to assist the professors with the activity. "I hope that you all enjoy this camp and get to know more your batchmates."

"There's no curfew, right?" A student asked

"Yes. It's up to you what time you would like to sleep or whatever. But we're not to blame if you're lacking of energy for the activity. Also, There are guards everywhere so escaping would be hard. Don't even try it. If you're caught by the guard trying to escape, or managed to escape, the said 25% would decrease to 5%. So decide wisely" Mr Choi answered.

 

Before they would tour around, Mr choi proposed that they should know who their partners so that they know who they'll be sharing  a room with.

"Kim Hyoyeon and Lee Soonkyu"

"Choi Sooyoung and Im YoonA"

"Kwon Yuri and Oh Hyunwook" 'Seriously. We only had a few number of boys but i still managed to pair up with them' Yuri commented

"Tiffany Hwang and Lee Bora" 

"Jessica Jung and Seo Juhyun"

"Kim Taeyeon and Yoon Seolhyun" Was their room mate / partners during the activity

"Go to the lobby to get the keys to your assigned rooms. After you've drop off your things, you can proceed to the kitchen to have your lunch. Have a pleasant stay and hope you get well with your partners."

"Juhyun?" Jessica asked

"Just call me seohyun" Seohyun smiled at her 

"You're her friend .. right?" Jessica asked

"Yoona? Yep"

"Do you need a help with that?" She asked

"No it's okay. You've brought alot too."

"Yeah. I'll go get a trolley."

"Okay thanks"

"Please look after this carrier of mine" Jessica said before leaving. She left her carrier with seohyun so it's less hassle.

 

"Aren't you going down to eat?" Seohyun asked after they finished dropping of their things in the room

"No. I'll be eating with my friends."

"Ah okay. I'll be going then" She said as she leaves first. The three had a talk and they plan to use the kitchen for their meals. Besides, it's free.

 

*****


"Lucky for you two to be together eh?" Yuri said as she entered HyoSun's room

"And you're way toooooooo unlucky to be paired up with a guy" Hyoyeon teased

"Lucky that we have a room to share to avoid the commotion downstairs right?"

"So, who will cook with me?" Sunny asked

"Me and Hyoyeon" Yuri answered though Hyoyeon isn't any better with cooking but the latter is a better choice than her girlfriend, Tiffany.

"You didn't bring a food with you?" Jessica asked

"You did?"

"Hmm. Mom and Ahjumma packed me a lot"

"Ahjumma, in the cafeteria?"

"Yeah."

"Where is it?"

"I'll go get it." was Jessica's answer as she stand up


"Jessica, It's okay that i brought my friends, right?" Seohyun asked cautiously when Jessica returned to their shared room. She doesn't want to but they have no choice as the kitchen is packed up and they have no place to eat.

"No problem at all" She smiled to Seohyun assuring that it's really okay "Just don't break my things" she said as she took her bag filled food

"Don't break her things? Wait, you don't have a separation or a deal whatever?" Taeyeon asked as soon as Jessica left the room

"Nothing like that. Why?"

"Well, Me and my room mate had a deal first. Don't do this and that and who'll take a bath first and for how long, who's bed is this and blah blah blah" Taeyeon answered

"No deals was proposed. She even let me pick where i would like"

"Me and my partner have a tape separation" Yoona said

"What tape separation?' Seohyun asked

"Don't cross this line or else you're dead type of separation. Just like in the movie yes or no"

"Good thing my partner isn't like that ~ She let me choose which bed do i like then i can do whatever ~" Seohyun said in a sing sang tone "But you know what, There's something different about her."

"Different?"

"Hmm. Like she's something. Something about her aura feels different"

"How does it feel like?" Taeyeon was the curious one

"Like, first second you can see caring in her eyes then the next thing you'll feel is sadness inside her. That type of aura. Way too different from before when she was annoying Yoong"

'I felt that too." Yoona added

"When? I thought she stopped bugging you?"

'Yeah. But that one time "

"What time?"

"After i declined her."

"Ah. The 'Ah-okay'?"

"Yeah. Something different. Like really cold"

 

*****

 

"The head officer in charge told you at the meeting that 25% would be graded to you if you attend this camping, right?"

"Yeah."

"But, That doesn't apply to us Business Management!" Mr. Lee announced

"What?"

"We'll give an additional 5%. So it would be a total of 30% to those who can gain  20 points during the game and 10% to those who'll gain 21 points and higher. It would be a total of 35%! So, play well and earn well. It's called, Earning from the invested. Do you get me?"

"Yeahh!!"

"Don't worry. The game would be at 15 10 5 points basis. Also, It would be easy to gain 20pts if you'll participate very well." Ms. Oh, The professor assured the students. "The first activity would be easy. The activity is called as Easy 15. Why easy 15 and how it is played? Easy 15 is an activity where it'll only require you to hike the mountain."

"Ma'am, What if our partner doesn't want to go, but i want to?" A student asked

"If only you will go, you'll only gain 5pts for yourself. But if your partner goes with you, 15pts for the both of you"

"Isn't that unfair?"

"Not at all. Every activity requires a help of a one or two. So expect that future activities would be groupings or would be needing the participation of the other to participate in that certain activity. So make sure that you'll have synchronization of will to participate with your partner"

"Can we exchange partner?"

"That's not allowed."

"So about the easy 15, You need to listen to the explanations very well to lessen the danger that could possibly happen. Before hiking up, You'll need to sign your name in this form with your student number and signature. Then after that, You'll follow Mr. Jang, who would lead you to the peak then on the way down. There would be an arrow sign to placed there yesterday so in case you lost track, you can simply follow that. At the peak, There would be another form for you to fill up with the same information."

"What was that for?"

"1st form is the evidence that you joined. 2nd form is the evidence that you managed to finish the course"

"But you said that the form would be given at the peak? How is that an evidence that we finished the course?"

"Well, If you signed that, the choice is yours if you would like to follow Mr. Jang's way down or choose the path took uphigh. And it's not like you'll choose to stay in the mountain the whole day, right?"

"Ma'am, What about our things?" Jessica asked.

"Oh yeah. Okay. I'll be giving you 20 minutes to grab the things you'll need. And P.S. Don't bring unneccessary stuff as it would only burden you going up. For now, Pack your stuffs and be here at exact 20 minutes. Lates would have to follow the arrowed path than simply following Mr. Jang"

 

"Seohyun, Are you going to hike up?"

"If you would then i guess i could give it a try" Seohyun answered not wanting to disappoint Jessica who looks excited about hiking up

"Jess! Are you two hiking up?" Yuri approached

"We're going too!" Hyosun added

"Yeah. What a shame that all of you would get 15pts each" Yuri gave a bitter smile

"Why? Your partner wouldn't go?" 

"That jerk is being a sas. He said that he doesn't want his shoes to be dirtied by mud"

"Better luck next game hmm" Jessica patted Yuri's head 


"Come on! Just come with us." Seohyun invited

"I don't wanna."

"Then who are you going with? I'm not letting you go alone in the woods." seohyun answered Yoona concernly

"Would it be okay?"

"I'll ask, hmm?"


"Seohyun, You have to come with me. We're partners, right?"

"Yup."

"Just don't mind my loud friends heh~"

"It's okay" Seohyun smiled "But. is it okay if i brought a friend?"

"Okay! The more the merrier." Yuri answered re-assuring that its really okay

"Really?"

"Hmm!"

The students gathered at the meeting place again. "Students, I told you to follow Mr. Jang and not Jessica" Ms. Oh said as a matter of fact

"But teacher, We're 99.99% sure that Jessica would be taking the same way Mr. Jang would." Answered most of them

Just like as instructed, The students filled up the form and head out to follow Mr. Jang


"Jess, You seem packed. What did you bring?" Yuri asked

"Chocolate, Water bottle, Flashlight, First aid, food and extra shirt"

"Why did you bring alot?"

"You know that i need those in case of emergency and not to help that mom texted me ' Jagiya, Don't let your sweat dry. If you're not feeling well, please tell me and i'll fetch you there'"

"Ehh? That's a lie~"

"Maybe the Jagiya part but mom really did text me that way"

"What a baby heh ~" Their group laughed at how Yulsic's joke matched

"By the way, You have another friend right? The shortest" Yuri asked

"Ah! Her name is Taeyeon."

"Ah Taeyeon ... Where is she?"

"Her partner doesn't want to go. And she told us that she's not really that fond of hiking and stuff so she decided to stay at the site"

"How about her partner?" Hyoyeon asked about Yoona's

"Her partner doesn't like to go."

"Ahh i see. But hey, We've been talking to each other when we still don't have a formal introduction" Yuri quipped in

"Seo Juhyun. But you can call me Seohyun" Seohyun said as she shake hands with Yuri and Hyoyeon.

"Kim Hyoyeon"

"Lee Soonkyu. But i prefer it if you would call me Sunny." 

"Kwon Yuri."

"Tiffany Hwang." Tiffany introduced but Yuri was whispering 'Miyoung' "Ugh. Miyoung is my name but they know me as Tiffany okay? We're classmates duh!" Tiffany grunted as she pinched Yuri's side "And this is my partner slash roommate" 

"Lee Bora" They shake hands to each other. From the group, Bora is the only one without a friend. Because A, she's a transferee and too shy to make friends. And B, Because she's the only one from C3. (YulHyoSic A3. YoonHyunSunTiff B3) The girl shakes tho as it's now Jessica's turn to shake hands with her. 'OMG! I'm so lucky! She may not be my partner, but i sure am lucky to have a touch of her very soft and delicate hands! Thank you draw lots! Thank myself for being friendless! And thank this activity!' was her mental fangirl

"Im Yoona" she just bowed as they already shook hands with everybody just awhile ago

"Jessica Jung"

"Who?"

"Sooyeon"

"Who? We don't know you" YulHyo teased

"I'm, Ice Princess then."

"Ah Ice Princess! That's the one we know!!" The group giggled beside the 3. Yoonhyun and Bora

"I'm sorry but, why Ice Princess?" Bora asked

"That's her nickname given by our schoolmates." Tiffany answered

"Jessica is famous for her 'Cold' attitude before"

"Cold?"

"Ah. You guys don't know it because you just transferred. But i bet you wouldn't like to see that side of her" Yuri spatted

"Why?" Seohyun asked

"Let's talk about that when she's not here okay?" yuri chuckled as Jessica drape an arm over her shoulder

"There's the peak!" Yoona pointed with only a meter away from them.

"Oh yeah. We had so much fun that we didn't notice that. We're even close to Mr. Jang already." Bora seconded

"Who wants to eat?"

"What do you have there dora?"

"Chips, Biscuits, Cupcake," Jessica took out the three and asked who want some YulTi took the biscuits while HyoSun took the cupcake. She asked bora what she likes and she took the biscuit. Seohyun have her own biscuit while Yoona doesn't. So she asked Yoona but picked neither. "How about this?" Jessica asked as she opened up her chocolate. Yoona took a piece from it. 

"Dora, Do you have a towel? You're sweating alot already"

"Oh boots. I forgot to bring one" Hyoyeon was the one who answered for Jessica. They were full of laughs while hiking up


They signed the forms at the peak and take a little rest before they head down

"I think, We should hurry down."

"Why?"

"Because it's getting dark already. I don't want to spend my night here" Tiffany answered

"Babo. It's only 11:30 am."

"Then that means that it's going to rain. So we really should hurry our way down." she said then the group started to walk their way down. Mr. Jang was already midway down with some of the students tho. So they have no choice but to follow the arrowed path again.

"I think, we should just use the path we took to reach the peak." Bora blurted out

"Why?"

"Because we already know the way and it's less hassle, i think?"

"I think it's safer to follow the arrowed path this way because we can see the other while we catch up" Seohyun said which they followed anyway

 

"Hold my hand."

"..."

"Don't worry. I will hold you." Jessica said as she took a step down first and was conveincing Seohyun to take her hand. Seohyun contemplates for awhile but took it so they would reach the camp already.

"Can't you be more of a caring like Jessica?" Tiffany asked Yuri

"And me, giving you a piggy-back isn't caring?"

"Take my hand." Jessica said to yoona who mirror the same look Seohyun was having awhile ago. She slipped a little but Jessica held her tight "You look thin but you're heavy" she murmured

"Yul, Is there anymore boulders there?"

"No, This is a straight path." Tiffany was the one who answered back instead. Tiff,Yul and Bora was leading the way for the others

"Okay! The rain is starting to pour. You go ahead and we'll catch up."

 

 

*****

"Well that was an unexpected rain, isn't it? I hope none of those who participated in the easy 15 would catch a cold. But anyway, Prepare your meals and eat a lot as the Activities would still continue indoors."

"Do you still want to participate in the next activity or nah?" Seohyun asked Jessica

"I think we should rest. We still have a long day to go. We already have 15pts too."

"Okay."  

'Take care of yourself there hmm? Don't fall sick and be strong! Hwaiting!' she smiled when she read the first message 'You don't have a cooked food anymore? Ottoke? Luckily i sent you ramyuns and packet foods kk though i'm not supposed to be encouraging you to eat in your room, away from others XD' was Ahjumma's message to her. Then a fresh, newly arrived text message was received. 'And oh! I have a surprise for you when you get home :) You'll like it ~"

"Surprise? I wonder what" was her mumble to herself still drying her hair for her to be able to sleep.


Jessica slept then when she woke up, Seohyun was the one sleeping. Maybe the girl already had dinner and slept so she decided to go downstairs to have hers. She was delighted when no one was at the kitchen that time. She looked at her wrist watch. "9:00pm. Everybody seems to sleep early. Was the indoor activity that tiring or they just love to sleep as much as how i do?" Jessica thought to herself. When she finished eating, she grabbed the guitar and went out.

 

*****

 

"You really have a nice voice" Yoona blurted out of nowhere

"Excuse me?"

"I said you really have a nice voice. It's soothing."

"Thanks?" She was this shy when it comes to Yoona. She doesn't know why either. Even before, she still haven't had this type of feeling. The feeling so whipped at all.

"Who sang the song?"

"Me?" 

"Silly. I mean, the original singer of the song. And not you because you sang it. I know that you did" Yoona answered as she took the space beside Jessica

"No, It's really me."

"Huh?"

"I'm the singer."

"Really??"

"Hmm."

"Wow. What's the title?"

"I'm in love"

"How about the song? You composed it?"

"No. Yuri did."

"But the beat sound familiar tho. It's like i've heard it before."

"That's weird. The first time i sang this was, 3? I think 3 years ago."

"When was the last time you sang it?"

"Beside now, hmm, last 3 years ago too."

"Why don't you sing that anymore? It's really nice"

"It's just a song that deserve to be in the memory lane"

"Why? It's really sweet and  soothing to hear"

"Why? Because it's only triggering unwanted memories." Jessica cold-ly said. Yoona though was seeing sadness in her eyes. She didn't know that she's making Jessica sad.

"Why?" Yoona asked with a curiosity.

"I sang that song to someone before." Jessica turned her head to hold the tears but faked a smile when she faced Yoona again. "Forget about all what i said. That's just a make-up story"

"If you want to voice out your thougths, i'm just here. I'm gonna listen to it. If you want to cry, i can lend you a shoulder."

"Thanks. But no thanks. Some people are not worth the tears. They may bother your thoughts but don't let them get into you. It's so not worth it. You can't do anything about what happened" Jessica said as she stood up leaving Yoona in the bench


When Jessica got back to their shared room, She saw Seohyun shivering under the blanket hovered on top of her. So she lessen the air con's temperature. 

"Seohyun --" She was going to tap Seohyun to ask if the girl is fine but worry struck her fast when her hand made a contact with Seohyun's. "You're burning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter