Act VI

All The World's a Stage

I'm only putting this chapter up this soon after the last one because it was pretty much completely written well before the other ones. (Because I like to write ahead sometimes.) Dongwoo gets the chance to explain himself (not to Woohyun, of course) and Sungyeol and Myungsoo are back. Not like they went anywhere. Sadly, there's no hogyu in this chapter, but that'll be explained in the next one. I should also mention that this is the second to last chapter. Everything will be resolved and everyone will be happy and all that good stuff the next time I update this. I've read this so many times already I'm pretty sure I don't have to read it again. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

 

 

 

 

i.

"You look like crap," Sungyeol states as Woohyun drops himself onto the seat next to him.

"Thanks." Woohyun slouches in the chair. He's too tired to be offended. "That's just what I was going for." He really wishes he could have stayed home. He hadn't fallen asleep until some ungodly hour in the morning. And he wouldn't even call that sleep. By the time he had dragged himself out of bed and gotten ready for school, there was no way he wasn't going to be late. And his mother had quickly shot down his request for a sick day. Her reason being that heartache wasn't a legitimate ailment that required a day off from school. So he had no choice but to come in.

Sungyeol turns in his seat to face his friend. The sudden change in the other's mood has piqued his interest. Especially with how excited Woohyun had been the day before after asking Dongwoo on that not-a-date. "Any particular reason for that?" He asks innocently.

"I didn't get much sleep last night," Woohyun answers. And it's true. He spent most of the night tossing and turning and what little he slept had been anything but restful. His body is exhausted. His mind even more so, having not fully shut off yet. He just wants to sleep now and he doesn't doubt he'll actually be able to sleep this time around. But as tired as he is, that's only half of the truth. The rest of it is that he couldn't sleep because his brain kept replaying the kiss with Dongwoo and the older boy's hurried exit not too long afterward. On top of that, his heart had been busy shattering into little pieces inside of his chest. Maybe he's being a little dramatic, but he can't recall rejection feeling like anything else.

He wants to believe that Dongwoo was just scared and confused. That he took some time to process that he might be gay, or, at least, might have feelings for another guy. And he'll be okay with it and he and Woohyun can talk about it and see how things go from there. Woohyun wants to believe he's just being optimistic. But choosing the best outcome while steadfastly ignoring the worst (even as it's staring him in the face) is only showing how far gone he is for the older boy. He should be angry. He should want nothing to do with Dongwoo. But he only feels understanding for what Dongwoo is going through and a willingness to hear him out (if) when he decides he's ready to face Woohyun.

When he gets around to recounting the kiss to Sungyeol and Hoya, he knows they'll scold him for choosing to let Dongwoo off so easily. And they would be right. It had crushed him to watch Dongwoo walk away without a second glance. He should hate Dongwoo for kissing him (giving him hope) and then telling him not to touch him with so much steel in his voice Woohyun couldn't understand how it came from the sweet boy he'd gotten to learn so much about. But he doesn't. And that's what he hates: the fact that despite the stupidly cliché amount of heartache Dongwoo's caused him, Woohyun can't be mad at him, or, really, feel any negative feelings towards him.

He feels like an idiot. And he must be the biggest idiot for falling for a guy he can't have and then befriending him knowing it couldn't possibly end well. Hell, he practically predicted it.

A hand waving in front of his face reminds Woohyun that he's still in school. And still in the middle of a conversation. Sungyeol is staring at him, but he doesn't look annoyed like he usually does whenever he notices that one of his friends isn't paying attention to him.

"Are you sure you should be in school?" The worry is as evident in Sungyeol's voice as it is in the big, round eyes he's directing at his friend.

Woohyun is grateful for the other's concern, but he's not quite ready to confide in him. "I'll be fine. I think I'll just skip History and take a nap in the library." The school's library is huge. It shouldn't be too hard to find a spot among the shelves to close his eyes for a half hour or so without being bothered.

Sungyeol isn't convinced, but he doesn't press Woohyun for the whole truth. He knows something's up; something involving the fact that Dongwoo had gone to Woohyun's house the day before. Woohyun doesn't have to tell him now, but he will tell him what happened.

 

 

ii.

"I thought I'd find you here." Sunggyu takes a seat on the same step as a dejected-looking Dongwoo. The latter only glances briefly at him before looking back down at his clasped hands.

This stairwell had become a secret hiding place for the two of them to come to whenever they felt like they needed a break. It's rarely used and rather out of the way. Perfect for skipping class, even though Sunggyu isn't one to do that.

"Any reason you're sitting here instead of in the cafeteria for lunch?" The question is met with silence. Sunggyu is worried, but he doesn't want to force his friend to talk to him. Dongwoo’s so-called "hang out" with Woohyun the day before pops into his head. A theory starts to form, but Sunggyu asks his next question tentatively. "Did something happen with Woohyun?"

Dongwoo flinches slightly at the mention of the other student. Sunggyu finds that odd, what with the two of them becoming so close recently (close enough that he wouldn't have been surprised if he saw them walking hand in hand giving each other the moony looks they don't seem to realize they give each other). He patiently waits for the inevitable "yes" followed by an explanation. Because Dongwoo tells him everything (and vice versa) even if it's reluctantly or belatedly.

"How could you tell?" Dongwoo turns worried eyes to Sunggyu.

"Lucky guess." He matches the other's joking-but-not-really-joking tone; their way of not letting things get too serious. "Do you mind telling me why you weren't at your locker this morning? And, more importantly, why you're here now?"

Dongwoo looks away, thinking of how to phrase his answer. He runs a hand through his hair slowly. Takes a deep breath. Then another. "I-I think," he starts quietly. "I might possiblymaybekindofsortof...like Woohyun."

The last two words come out just above a whisper. Sunggyu is completely sure he heard them, but he still wants Dongwoo to repeat it. "You might what?"

Dongwoo sighs. He knows exactly what Sunggyu's doing. He would scream it at him, but it's not really something he wants to broadcast, empty stairwell or not. "I might...like Woohyun."

"I know," Sunggyu says smugly. When he wasn't thinking about if he was being replaced, he had wondered if maybe there was something else going on.

Dongwoo's head snaps up so suddenly Sunggyu's surprised it's not broken. "You do?" He doesn't look as worried as before.

"Well, I suspected," he clarifies. "But now it's confirmed."

"Oh," is Dongwoo's intelligent response.

Although they could very well spend the rest of lunch talking about Dongwoo's feelings and their development, Sunggyu brings the conversation back to its main point. "So how does your liking him cause you to become a ghost?" Save for the two classes they had together in the morning, Sunggyu hasn't seen his friend at all. Not at his locker in between classes or en route to class or even in the bathroom.

Dongwoo shifts as he looks away again. He rubs at his cheeks as they quickly start to turn pink. "Uh, we—yesterday when I went over to his house, we...we kissed."

Again, the last two words are said so softly that it's like they weren't even spoken. Sunggyu is merciful enough to not have Dongwoo reiterate himself this time. But only because he's caught by surprise. "That I didn't know."

"You're not freaking out?" Dongwoo glances over at Sunggyu. He hadn't known what kind of reaction he would get from his best friend, but he had steeled himself for the worst.

"There's nothing to freak out about," Sunggyu shrugs. "And you're my best friend. I'll always be on your side." He gives the younger's shoulder an affectionate squeeze, only a little embarrassed at getting so sappy. "So don't think you can get rid of me so easily." A comfortable moment of silence passes between them. Which Sunggyu promptly fills. "But why are you avoiding Woohyun? If you like him and you guys kissed, shouldn't you be, like, together or something?"

Dongwoo runs a hand through his hair again; a wave of guilt washes over him. He recalls the hurt look in Woohyun's eyes after Dongwoo had pulled away from him harsher than he'd intended. He had regretted the action and wanted to apologize after replaying the scene (mainly the kiss) multiple times in his head later that night. "I haven't told him that I like him. We kissed and then I freaked out and then I left without even saying anything. Wow, I'm such a terrible person."

"Why did you freak out?"

"I don't know."

"Sure you do." Sunggyu might know just about everything about his best friend, but right now Dongwoo is the only one who can answer the question. Dongwoo sighs, dejected and maybe the slightest bit frustrated. "Okay, how about this," Sunggyu tries. He's well acquainted with talking Dongwoo through his thoughts. It's necessary with someone as spontaneous and free-spirited as him. His thought process seems to follow a non-linear pattern that even he has trouble keeping up with. Sunggyu likes to think he's the anchor keeping his friend grounded. "Did you want to kiss Woohyun?"

"Yes," Dongwoo answers almost immediately. A somewhat wry smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. "I think I've wanted to for a while now."

Sunggyu nods at the admission and files it away for later use. "Did you like kissing Woohyun," he continues.

The blood rushing to Dongwoo's cheeks and ears is enough of an answer, but he's still reluctant to verbalize it. "I don't have to answer that, do I?"

Sunggyu gives him a light tap on the head. "I'm trying to help you here," he scolds. "Just a yes or no is fine. You don't have to go into detail—actually, I would prefer if you didn't give any details. Because there are some things I really don't need to know."

Dongwoo snorts out a small laugh. He pulls his legs up a step to wrap his arms comfortably around his knees. "Alright, fine," he says, resting a cheek on his kneecaps and looking over at Sunggyu. "Yes, I liked kissing him." Now that he's calmed down, he wishes he could have kissed Woohyun some more. The feeling of Woohyun's lips is still fresh, both in his mind and on his own lips. He can't decide if it was worse when he tortured himself wondering what the simple meeting of their lips would be like or, having experienced it, knowing how it feels to have Woohyun practically melt in his arms as they kiss deeply and passionately only for him to ruin it by running away. Either way, he's not entirely sure he'll be able to stop himself from attacking Woohyun's lips when they finally end up meeting face-to-face again.

"And how did it feel when you guys were kissing?"

Dongwoo picks his head up to give his friend a confused look. "I thought you didn't want details?"

Sunggyu reaches over and gives Dongwoo another tap on the head, this time harder than the first. The younger boy pouts while rubbing the small aching spot on his head. "Not like that," Sunggyu balks. A quick shake of his head and sharp exhale gets rid of his annoyance. "I meant," he tries again with more patience. "What were you feeling when you kissed him? Were you happy, angry, confused?"

Dongwoo looks away from him as he recalls the exact moment. He hadn't been thinking before he kissed Woohyun. They were laughing together and then he had asked if there had been any guys that Woohyun had liked. (Now that he's being completely honest with himself, and Sunggyu, he can admit that he mostly wanted to know if he stood a chance.) Woohyun had given him a vague answer, but it had been enough for him. It hadn't sounded like Woohyun had anyone in mind at the time, so impulsively Dongwoo had decided to put himself on Woohyun's mind.

"I was nervous," he starts slowly. "I wasn't sure if he would push me away. But then he kissed me back and I was really happy and...relieved, I guess. Because he wanted to kiss me too and he liked it."

When they had parted the second time, he had looked into Woohyun's eyes and seen the same appreciative look he's come to expect from the other. And then it hit him: he really does like Woohyun. Of course, he could have guessed that much from how close he feels to him (and how much closer he wants to be) and, obviously, his urge to kiss him. But even Dongwoo has to admit that he can be rather slow on the uptake, so he really didn't recognize his feelings for what they were until he had put himself out there for Woohyun to reject if he wanted to.

"After that I was just really...surprised and overwhelmed. Because I kissed him and I liked it and it felt...right, I guess. Like it was something I should do. I don't know how I didn't realize it before. I just thought I wanted to be friends with him. It didn't feel like when I was interested in a girl. Except, I guess, the wanting to kiss him part. That should have been a dead giveaway. I must be really stupid," he scoffs. "How can you not tell you're falling for someone?"

"You're not stupid," Sunggyu counters. He rests a comforting hand on his friend's back, adding the small circular motions he knows the other will appreciate. Dongwoo rarely depreciates himself, usually settling for laughing off his shortcomings, so Sunggyu isn't especially experienced in dealing with such instances. He racks his brain for reassuring words. "Sometimes things that you just don't expect to happen do, you know?" Dongwoo lets out another sigh, but doesn't say anything either way. "You should talk to him," Sunggyu suggests. "Tell him what you told me."

"I know, but...He probably thinks I hate him. Or maybe he hates me for just running out after I was the one who kissed him first."

Sunggyu doubts Woohyun has it in him to hate Dongwoo, no matter how terrible his friend might have been to him. "If you apologize and explain yourself I'm sure he'll understand. And I doubt he hates you. He's probably just really hurt. But you won't know either way unless you talk to him."

"I don't know what to say," Dongwoo groans as he holds his head in his hands. He doesn't know what he'll say or do once he sees Woohyun's face. He definitely can't run the other way, as appealing as it sounds.

"Say you're sorry and that you like him," Sunggyu tells him simply.

Dongwoo groans again as he covers his face with his hands. He can't recall ever being as terrified of speaking as he is now. The sudden ringing of the bell signaling the end of lunch makes his stomach drop. "Oh my God. I have to see him at rehearsals." It's amazing how quickly something you look forward to can become something to dread.

Sunggyu pats his shoulder comfortingly. "You still have a couple more hours until then. And you don't even have to talk to him right away. I'm sure he'll understand if you tell him that you needed some time when you finally do talk to him."

Dongwoo really doesn't like how easy he's making this sound. Talking to Woohyun about anything at all seems downright impossible at the moment.

Sunggyu stands up and holds a hand out for Dongwoo to grab. "Come on, let's get to class."

"You go ahead. I'll make sure I'm not late."

Sunggyu knows he means he's going to wait until the very last minute just so he can avoid possibly running into Woohyun. He thinks about telling him he's being stupid, but then he tells himself that he should be more understanding of what his friend's going through. "Alright, but you're not going to skip class, are you?"

"Of course not," Dongwoo shakes his head. They're both well-behaved students, so even during an emotional crisis there's no way he's missing class.

Satisfied with that answer, Sunggyu starts to head down the stairs. He's two steps from the bottom when he stops and turns to look up at Dongwoo. The other is worrying his lower lip and staring ahead, although he's probably not actually seeing anything. "You're coming to rehearsals, right?"

He knows he should go, but sometimes Dongwoo's cowardice gets the best of him. This feels like one of those times. "I'm not sure yet."

"I will drag you there if I have to." Dongwoo doesn't usually take Sunggyu’s threats very lightly, but right now between being manhandled and confronting his unexpected crush, he would much rather the former. "Dongwoo," Sunggyu says warningly when he still hasn't answered.

"Okay, okay." Dongwoo holds up his hands in surrender. "I'll be there."

"You better."

 

 

iii.

"You what?" Sungyeol's shrill voice makes all heads turn to where he and Woohyun are supposed to be reviewing their lines for later. Woohyun slaps a hand over his burning face and slides down in his seat. He really hopes Dongwoo isn't looking (and that he doesn't guess what they're talking about). Sungyeol apologizes to Mr. Park for interrupting Jinyoung and Jieun's scene. The play director tsks disapprovingly before turning back to the stage and gestures at the two leads to pick up where they left off. As the pair backtrack, snickers ripple through the audience. Though apologetic, Sungyeol is not one to shy away from attention, so the laughter is welcome.

"When? Where? Why are you now telling me this and not, you know, the second after it happened?" Sungyeol questions at a much more appropriate volume. He doesn't want to get kicked out for disrupting rehearsals (again). But really this is huge news. Not that he didn't totally see it coming. What with how handsy Dongwoo is and how completely head over heels Woohyun is for him. A dangerous combination, in Sungyeol's opinion. Either way, Hoya now owes him fifty bucks. Speaking of Hoya... "Please tell me I'm the first one you're telling this to."

Woohyun finally removes his hand from his face to give his friend an incredulous look. "Does it really matter if I tell you or Hoya first?"

"Yes, yes it does," Sungyeol answers immediately.

"God, you're so immature." He's told his best friend this on an almost daily basis, so now it's more like stating a fact than hurling an insult. Sungyeol just shrugs uncaringly. "I haven't told him anything and I'm not telling you anything else until I do."

"Why not?" Sungyeol whines quietly. He's still wary of pissing off Mr. Park. When Woohyun only stares resolutely at the stage, he lets out a frustrated breath. "Fine. If you won't tell me I'll just go ask Dongwoo."

Woohyun looks over at where Dongwoo is sitting next to Sunggyu. He had been surprised to see the older boy here of all places when he'd been seemingly absent all day. Not that Dongwoo has done anything to acknowledge his presence in the past hour. (Which was the main reason Sungyeol had managed to get him to fess up about the kiss.) He still wants to think Dongwoo is clearing his head before confronting him. As opposed to ignoring him because he wants to forget ever being friends with him. If only that second option didn't seem so much more plausible.

"Don't you dare." The words lack the bite to make it an actual threat. But it's not really necessary because they both know Sungyeol isn't going to talk to Dongwoo.

"Alright, I won't," Sungyeol folds his script in half and scoops up his book bag. "But I will go sit with Myungsoo and gossip about you two." With that he leaves his seat, making sure to go about relocating quietly. He's not a naturally quiet person, but he can give it a shot. He drops into the vacant seat next to Myungsoo and immediately invades to other's personal space. "I have the juiciest piece of news."

"And you can tell me from an appropriate distance," Myungsoo says while pushing his face away.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes, but bites back any further comments. "You know how Woohyun and Dongwoo have been really close lately? Well, guess what happened?"

"I'm assuming it has something to do with your little outburst earlier?" Myungsoo looks away from the stage where Gyuri and Doojoon are now going through one of their scenes. Sungyeol isn't going away anytime soon, so he might as well try to engage him.

"They kissed."

He had only been half-listening, but that gets Myungsoo's full attention. "But I thought—"

"Everyone thought so," Sungyeol interrupts.

"And when did this happen?" Honestly, Myungsoo isn't one to gossip, but his friends seem intent on getting him involved in everyone else's business. Sungjong is always telling him things he heard from a friend who heard it from a friend. And Sungyeol has kept him very up-to-date with Woohyun's love life. He doesn't even ask and they just come to talk his ears off, taking his silence to mean he's listening (and cares).

"I don't know exactly when, but my guess is some time yesterday."

Myungsoo looks over at Dongwoo in the front row, concentrated on the stage. Then he looks at Woohyun sitting a few rows back. His focus seems to be on the back of Dongwoo's head. Myungsoo wonders if Dongwoo can feel the eyes on him. Woohyun's gaze looks like it's strong enough to drill a hole into Dongwoo's head. "From the looks of it, Dongwoo probably reacted badly and now he won't talk to Woohyun. That's not to say he doesn't like him; he just wasn't expecting to fall for a guy. They'll work it out, I'm sure."

Sungyeol looks over at the would-be couple trying to see what Myungsoo had seen to draw that conclusion. His jaw drops, rather dramatically, when the pieces come together. "Whoa," he breathes. "You should be a detective."

"Didn't you know? I was Sherlock Holmes in a past life." Myungsoo smiles smugly at the older boy. For someone with so much book sense, Sungyeol's observational skills .

"Please," he scoffs. "Like you could've been someone that cool in a past life." Myungsoo gives him a light punch and he returns a playful shove. "Besides, that's a fictional character."

"I'm surprised you know the meaning of the word 'fictional'." He thinks he might be spending too much time with Sungyeol because he's actually starting to like childishly insulting his intelligence. "So are you going to do something about Woohyun and Dongwoo? Meddling in other people's lives seems like something you would do."

"You flatter me," Sungyeol deadpans. "But I should get the full story before I go and make their lives easier."

"Because you work miracles, huh?" Myungsoo asks sarcastically.

"Didn't you know," he manages a near-perfect impression of Myungsoo's smug tone from earlier. "I was a saint in a past life."

Myungsoo snorts out a laugh and has to cover his mouth to avoid disrupting the scene on stage. He laughs into his hands for a good minute while Sungyeol watches with an amused (and maybe fond) smile on his face. When he finally calms down, he slumps in his chair, totally spent, leaning his forehead on his friend's shoulder.

"You good? Can we continue our conversation now?"

He nods, still regaining his breath. "Just imagining you as a nice person is hilarious."

Sungyeol shrugs his shoulder, jostling Myungsoo’s head. "Geez, you make it sound like I'm Satan or something." He's only half-offended. He can understand why he might not seem like the kindest person. His first impression on the other had not been entirely pleasant. But he likes to think he's not as brusque as before.

Myungsoo picks his head up to look at him. "I'm sure Satan is much better looking."

"And you said you didn't swing that way." Myungsoo punches Sungyeol's arm with more force than the first time. "What, you started it," Sungyeol says while rubbing the aching spot on his arm. "But, believe it or not, I didn't come here to talk about your ual confusion."

"No, you came to talk about someone else's."

"Exactly," Sungyeol nods approvingly.

"Well, let's do that some other time. My scene's coming up, so I have to go backstage to get ready." Myungsoo turns to the unoccupied seat on his other side to retrieve his discarded script. "You better call me later and tell me what happened with those two." He points his rolled up script at the other threateningly.

"Are you sure you're not a closeted gossipmonger?"

Myungsoo stops himself from responding with an immature comment. (If he did there would no telling how long they would throw insults back and forth.) Instead he whacks Sungyeol's head once with the script before getting up and heading backstage.

Not wanting to sit by himself, Sungyeol reluctantly goes back to sit next to Woohyun. As expected, his friend doesn't talk to him for the rest of rehearsals. They both know if he did Sungyeol would only ask why he and Dongwoo are acting like strangers. But he doesn't mind the lack of conversation. After talking to Myungsoo he has a better idea of what happened between the two. He's still antsy for the full story, though.

"Alright," Woohyun says as they leave the auditorium. They're one of the first students to leave since Woohyun practically bolted once Mr. Park had called it a day. "Let's go find Hoya and then I'll tell you both what happened." They find Hoya standing by the doors of the gym talking with Sungjong.

"Guess whose angel finally gave him the kiss he's been dying for?" Sungyeol asks without any preamble as he and Woohyun come to a stop in front of the two.

It takes a moment for the words to sink in, but when they do Hoya's eyes go wide. "When? Where? And why am I now hearing about this?" He points an accusatory finger at Woohyun.

"Well," Sungjong pipes up. "I take it that's my cue to leave." He rests a hand on Hoya’s arm, giving him a significant look as he asks, “You’ll call me later, right?” Hoya nods and waves him off quickly.

Woohyun is thankful that the younger boy can sense the situation and willingly excuses himself. But it's not like that really matters because he's going to get the full story from Myungsoo who will no doubt get it from Sungyeol.

Woohyun waits until Sungjong is far enough down the hallway to be out of earshot to start talking. "I'm going to tell you guys what happened, but you can't say anything until I'm done." Hoya and Sungyeol both nod their agreement with matching looks of anticipation. "Don't get your hopes too high," he warns. "There's not that much to it."

"Just spit it out already."

Woohyun glares at Sungyeol, but complies. "Alright, well, he came over to my house so we could go over our lines, but we didn't actually do much of that—don't look at me like that, Hoya. And get your mind out of the gutter. It was totally PG. Anyway," he tries to get back on point. Hoya had given him a scandalized look when he had said they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing. He'll question his friend's view of his chastity later, there are more important things to worry about. "I meant instead of running our lines we just hung out and talked about random stuff. It was...interesting." Woohyun has to force himself to not get distracted thinking about talking with Dongwoo and how intimate it was. He clears his throat as he gets ready to recount the most important part of the night before. "So we were sitting on my bed—well, he was sitting. I was lying down, but that's not really important—not you, too, Sungyeol." Woohyun has to stop now that both Hoya and Sungyeol are looking at him like he just admitted he had some weird . "Both of you stop looking at me like that! Like I'm some wanton harlot going around seducing innocent men."

"Then stop making it sound inappropriate," Hoya chides.

"Are we just going to ignore that he totally sounded exactly like my great-grandmother?"

Even Woohyun has to admit he had been channeling his inner great-grandmother, but that's not important right now. "Listen, you both said you wouldn't say anything until I was done. And, yes, judging looks do count." He quickly jumps back into his story before the other two can protest. "So we were on my bed and we were talking and then he just...kissed me. And then I kissed him back and," Woohyun's cheeks start to flush at the memory. "It was good, really good. It looked like he thought so, too, but then it was like a light went on in his head. Like he realized what he was doing and who he was doing it with... He freaked out, which is understandable, I guess."

"And now he's avoiding you," Hoya finishes for him. Woohyun nods weakly. "Do you want me to beat him up for you?"

"What," Woohyun stares at him aghast. "No. Why would I want that? I'm not mad at him." Which is unfortunately true. He has the right to be, but he just doesn't feel any anger. Not even as he watched Dongwoo leave without looking back. Or hours later, as he lay in his bed staring at the ceiling and replaying the whole scene. "It would be a lot easier if I were, but... I don't know."

"So are you going to talk to him or are you waiting for him to make the first move?"

Woohyun sighs in response to Hoya's question. It would probably be better if he lets Dongwoo come to him. He does owe Woohyun an apology and an explanation. "I think I should wait until he's ready to talk." Hoya and Sungyeol nod in agreement and Woohyun wraps his arms around their shoulders (it's a bit of a stretch for Sungyeol) as they finally head for the school doors. For the first time since kissing Dongwoo, Woohyun feels content. He's not happy (because there's really only one thing that'll make him truly happy at the moment), but knowing that his friends are on his side is a comfort. An expected and welcome comfort.