CHAPTER 4

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok felt the stinging of the cold as it hit his face. He accidentally breathed in water. His eyes shot open and he coughed the water out of his lungs. He blinked a few times before he could adjust his eyes to see.

            “Sorry about that, but I have to get you to wake up.”

            Minseok lifted his head and saw Baekhyun standing in front of him holding a bucket. The bucket was wet but empty. Minseok wiped at his face. The sun was already high up in the sky.

            “I’m sorry,” he apologized, “I couldn’t get any sleep after last night.”

            “Do you need more rest before doing it?” Baekhyun asked, with a concern look in his eyes. Minseok straightened up.

            “No,” he replied without any doubt, “I can do it.”

            After washing himself up in the river, he and Baekhyun set off down the mountains by following the stream. They were a long way up in the mountains. And the journey to the bottom of the mountain would take almost three hours by foot. And they didn’t know how long they would need to take before they could return to the mountains.

            Minseok readjusted the huge heavy backpack on his shoulder. Both of them had taken enough food and water to last for a few days. The mission they were about to do will save humankind. But the risk was high. They might never have the chance to come back. But it was a risk they were willing to take. It was the only chance if they wanted to change anything.

            “Are you sure about this?” Minseok asked Baekhyun as they made their way down the stream. Baekhyun nodded.

           “Yes. It’s the only way to stop the robots,” Baekhyun explained, “The big battery is like their life source. Without it, they would have nothing to run on. But from what I reckon, it would be hidden somewhere safe and hard to reach.”

            “How do you know all this?” Minseok asked, feeling strange that even he have never heard something like this before.

            “My dad told me about it since I was young,” Baekhyun said, “I know a lot of things that people didn’t.”

            “But how can you know that it’s true?” Minseok asked in doubt, “What if we were just going after something that isn’t real?”

            “I trust him, okay?” Baekhyun said, lowering his gaze, “And I’m sure this is true. The robots must have something running them.”

            “Then why hadn’t any of them broken down yet?” Minseok said.

            “Because the so called big battery ‘Silver Life’ hasn’t been destroyed yet,” Baekhyun said firmly, “And that’s exactly what we’re going to do now.”

            After that conversation, Baekhyun barely speak at all. Minseok knew he had hit the wrong nerve. Their journey continued silently for an hour or so until they stopped by the river for a break.

            “Here,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter