Bear With A Sore Head

The Carnival of Monsters

Having wandered around for 15 minutes and still not being anywhere near the exit, it was getting hard not to lose hope. Beginning to hope for a bench rather than the exit, as they turned to a new section a pained growl caused them both to jump.

“Yaaah Hyukkie I can’t take this anymore, I wanna go home!” Donghae sobbed uncontrollably. Admittedly surprised to see Donghae in this state, Eunhyuk stood stunned as the weeping mess threw his arms around his shoulders. “Donghae… you have to think positive, you can’t let them think they’re winning.”

Quieting down slightly, he mumbled “What do you mean, there’s no-one here.” wondering how he could remember a decade’s worth of their songs yet couldn’t remember something that happened less than an hour ago Eunhyuk sighed “One of them is invisible, can you be sure there’s no-one here?”

Suddenly clinging onto Eunhyuk very tightly as the growl rang through the air again, Donghae began mumbling incoherently. Finding the childlike gibberish rather adorable Eunhyuk couldn’t help smiling as he held Donghae close. As he began to calm down, Donghae found himself blushing though not really understanding why.

“Are you okay now?” Eunhyuk whispered. Nodding slightly trying to regain control of his colour before Eunhyuk saw, Donghae whispered “I’m sorry Hyukkie.” Concerned that he was about to have another breakdown Eunhyuk tried to be as calming as he could in the hope of preventing it “Sorry for what?”

“For all this, you would have been out of here long ago if it wasn’t for me. You wouldn't be lost in here if it wasn’t for me. You wouldn’t have been booted in the… well, this is all my fault and I’m sorry.” He replied surprised he hadn’t been pushed away yet. Struggling to find a counter argument since the majority was true Eunhyuk chuckled awkwardly “Well either way she could have kicked me but regardless I’m glad you came with me, I’d still be sitting in the car park too scared to move without you here.”

Finding that very hard to believe considering how calm he’d been the entire time Donghae was about to question it when he found himself flying through the air only able to see Eunhyuk lying on the ground struggling to get up. As he landed with a loud thud, he was about to head to help Eunhyuk when the growl they’d heard earlier was right behind him. Frozen with fear, Donghae hoped whatever was making the noise hadn’t noticed him.

“Donghae! Are you okay?” Eunhyuk asked rushing into the tent. Immediately slapping his hand over the elders mouth, the deafening roar proved it was too late. Both standing stunned as the lump in the middle of the tent rose up to reveal a huge brown bear, neither could hide their relief as it sank to the floor almost grumbling.

“You’re lucky, not everyone who enters this tent leaves it…” a voice from nowhere hummed.  Defences thrown back up realising who the voice belonged to, Donghae found himself asking “What’s wrong with it?” Giving him a look that asked why he was engaging instead of getting out of there Eunhyuk slowly began to nudge him towards the other side of the tent. Appearing to not notice the girl replied “He’s bear with such a very sore head… maybe one day we’ll stop it but it’s just so much fun.”

Watching the bear bat around its head as a sinister laugh filled the tent, it was very clear how quickly they had to get out of there especially since they couldn’t see the psychotic torture prone little girl. Running as fast as they could without looking back, they sprinted hand in hand until their feet wouldn’t carry them any further. Falling to the ground gasping Eunhyuk felt like his head was swimming as his focus became blurred. Taking a few deep breaths trying to bring himself back to normality, a gasp from Donghae pulled his attention “Hyuk… your leg…”

Looking back to see the huge gash on his calf that had covered his leg in blood, he began turning pink as a panic attack took hold. Throwing his jacket off and ing his shirt, Donghae tried to ignore how cold it was getting as he used his shirt to bandage up Eunhyuk’s leg. As he began to calm down, he reached over and swung Donghae’s jacket back round his now shivering shoulders as he chuckled “I always knew you weren’t as dim as you acted, no matter how convincing a performance you gave.”

Slipping his arms back into the sleeves, Donghae rolled his eyes “It’s no act Hyuk, but you’re welcome.” Noticing a small patch of blood begin to stain the shirt on his leg Eunhyuk mumbled “Looks like I owe you several things after tonight.” Not wanting to let him feel sorry for himself Donghae replied “You don’t owe me anything… though I wouldn’t stop you from helping out with Kangin.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t let anyone else yell at you. You’ve more than made up for what you did.” Eunhyuk smiled. Almost forgetting the situation they were in the middle of, a piercing howl served as an unwanted reminder.