We Are Family

We Are Family
 

“Taemin-ah? Why are you awake?” Asked Minho, walking up to Taemin. As Minho approached him, he saw that Taemin was crying. “Yah, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Did you have a nightmare?” Asked Minho, patting his back softly. Taemin simply nodded and wiped his tears away. “Sorry for waking you Hyung…” He said quietly. “Ay, you idiot.” Said Minho, rubbing Taemin’s back, comforting him.

“Why are you guys up?” Asked a voice. Minho and Taemin turned around and saw Kibum stretching. “Maknae had a bad dream.” Said Minho smiling. “What happened?” Asked two voices in unison. Jonghyun and Jinki walked out of their room, eyes half closed, and messy bed hair. “Our Taemin had a nightmare.” Said Kibum, leading Taemin to the couch. “Oh really?! What’s troubling you Taeminnie?” Asked Jonghyun, sitting on one of the arm rests of the couch. Jinki sat on the other arm rest, and Taemin sat between Minho and Kibum.

“Tell us what troubled you tonight. Your hyungs are here for you.” Said Minho, smiling at him. Taemin looked at all s and took a deep breathe and looked down at his hands. “Honestly… I had a dream that we disbanded. It all started with Jonghyun hyung leaving because he wanted to lead his career by himself… And little by little as time passed… We all went our separate ways… It hurt. My heart was in pain, I felt empty and lost… Hyungs, I may not show it a lot but you guys mean a lot to me. Like my own family.” As Taemin carried on with his words, his voice kept getting caught in his throat because of the tears.

Taemin cleared his throat and carried on, “I mean, all of our fellow sunbaes and hoobaes are falling apart. What if it happened to us? What about SHINee World? Seeing our other friends in our company struggle pains me. If it happens to us… I don’t know what I’ll do…” And with that Taemin burst into tears.

The others were in silence, taking in Taemin’s words. Jinki was looking down at the floor, eyes swelling up with tears. Jonghyun’s tears silently fell. Kibum rubbed Taemin’s back, feeling himself tearing up. Minho scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, tearing up as well, sniffling. After a few seconds Jonghyun walked up to Taemin and hugged him tightly. “Taemin-ah, listen to me. I… I will never leave you guys, and even if I did.. I will always keep in touch with you guys. I love you and SHINee and SHINee World. Don’t ever forget that.” Said Jonghyun, sniffling. After Jonghyun's words, a group hug was formed with the rest of the SHINee members joining in on the hug. They stayed like that, embraced as one.

Minho was the first to let go and so did the others after that. Minho went and wrapped his arm around Taemin’s shoulders, “SHINee will never disappear. And SHINee isn’t just a five member boy group. SHINee is a family.” Said Minho. They all nodded and wiped their tears away. “SHINee world is our home.” Said Jinki, smiling. “And Shawols are our love and support.” Said Kibum.

Taemin smiled and looked at all s who were all smiling back at him. “Guys, I love you!” Yelled Taemin. They all laughed and group hugged again. “SHINee, I love you! SHINee World, I love you! Shawols, I love you!” They yelled in unison.

They all laughed and broke the hug. “Ok, are we all feeling better then?” Asked Jinki. “Yes!” They answered. “Let’s go to bed then, Busy schedule tomorrow!” Yelled Kibum. “Yeh!” They said, heading back to their rooms.

Tonight was unexpected night for the SHINee members. But tonight they finally let go of their worries and knew that SHINee will always be together as one.

A group that will shine the brightest no matter where they are. A group that started as just a boy group, but now are family.

~Happy 7 years SHINee~

[images not mine]