Morning Dew

Morning Dew

The sheets were soft against Hongbin's skin as he woke up. He didn't really want to open his eyes, just pull the blanket over his head and fall back into the same peaceful slumber he had awoken from. But the loss of contact from the warm body he was used to feeling up close to his own every morning bothered him enough to force himself out of bed and pull on the pants that had been discarded in a heat of the moment late in the evening before.

He opened the bedroom door and was instantly met with the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Heading to the kitchen he saw Hakyeon on the couch in the living room, reading a newspaper and sipping on a huge mug full with coffee - Hongbin had given up complaining about Hakyeon's unhealthy overdosing on coffee several years ago - he mumbled a half-hearted good morning before entering the kitchen to get his own cup.

Returning back to the living room Hongbin leaned against one of the window frames, staring out at the dew covered grass.

"Does it say anything interesting?" he asked. Hakyeon looked up at him questioningly, momentarily letting his eyes glance over Hongbin's upper body. "The newspaper." Hongbin snickered a bit.

"Not really, mostly some stuff about the feminist party possibly gaining some more mandate the next election which is good I suppose. Yuji will be thrilled." Hongbin laughed at the mention of Hakyeon's energetic co-worker. "Oh, and the congress are apparently having a heated discussion about whether to legalize gay marriage or not." This perked Hongbin's interest a lot.

"Well that would be great, wouldn't it?" He asked carefully, knowing Hakyeon's standpoint in this issue very well.

"Why? Even if it gets legalized, try to find someone who would take care of a gay marriage with open arms. Besides, we are pretty much living as if we are married already. Why waste money?"

Not knowing how to reply, Hongbin couldn't help but to chew on his lip instead. Seeing Hongbin's discouraged expression Hakyeon sighed and put the mug and newspaper down on the table before rising and walking over to Hongbin who had turned his head towards the window again.

Hakyeon too leaned against the opposite window frame and searched for eye contact. Hongbin met his gaze.

"I'm sorry, I just feel so done dealing with judgmental people these days I don't really want to gain unnecessary and unwanted attention. It was enough with all you had to put up with at your university. It felt as if I could finally relax when you graduated."

"I know..." Hongbin whispered and let out a shaky sigh while gladly accepting the embrace Hakyeon offered as consolation. He led Hongbin back to the couch and they both sat down, Hongbin leaned back against Hakyeon who put his arm around Hongbin's waist, catching his hand and interlocking their fingers. Hongbin's other hand held Hakyeon's wrist and Hakyeon used his free hand to softly Hongbin's arm.

"You know I feel incredibly blessed to have you, right?" Hakyeon asked, receiving a hum from Hongbin who had now closed his eyes. They laid there silent for a while, pondering on their own thoughts.

Hakyeon had begun tracing his fingers over Hongbin's torso when Hongbin finally broke the silence.

"Do you really think it would be a waste of money?"

The question left Hakyeon thinking for a minute. A minute that made Hongbin feel nervous over what answer he would receive.

"I guess it depends on what we would actually pay for."

Hongbin had expected him to say something like that. Hakyeon would try his best to avoid hurting Hongbin intentionally but still give an honest answer. Hongbin had another question in store for him though.

"Then lets say we found someone who would happily receive us with an open heart. Who wouldn't care that we are two men and just accept our request without a second thought..." Hongbin hesitated a bit "... would you marry me then?"

He craned his head backwards to meet Hakyeon's eyes. There was no hesitation at all when Hakyeon in all honesty answered.

"Yes."

Just that simple answer had so much meaning for Hongbin he broke out into a radiating smile and that alone made Hakyeon promise himself that if the opportunity came he'd search through all of South Korea to fulfill the wish of his love.

*   *   *

A/N: It felt like I was gonna confuse myself when I described the couch scene @.@ anyways, this fanfic was a spur of the moment thing and I may or may not edit it a bit in the future.